The Sphinx is the Riddle

Yes he is. His name is Jon Snow. Part dragon part leader part Northman.

He is The riddler in that he got aemon and Mance’s baby’s king blood away into safety while literally hiding in plain sight as the riddle.

There’s a quote saying “dragons riddling with sphinxes” (Future Dany/Jon deal?) 

Aemon only insisted on Dany so Jon could get a dragon (although he obviously believes her to be the ptwp) , the dragon must have 3 heads and Aemon knew he was too old so he kept Jon’s ID secret while trying to save the world.

Alleras is referred too much with Sphinx for me, seems classic GRRM

On 6/24/2017 at 6:02 AM, Curled Finger said:

With folks like the Farwynds, Swanns, Starks COTF, Others, Red Priests, Shadow Binders, Zombies and Targs running around magic doesn't appear to have met containable or manageable levels yet

What sort of magic Swanns are connected to?

I know there is all this talk of the Sphinxes at the Citadel or the nickname of Alleras, which is all very interesting and valid.

Though I wonder if Aemon’s rambling will be made clearer if, perhaps, there’s also some sort of myth similar to the Oedipal myth of the sphinx who herself was a riddler... :dunno:

On 6/24/2018 at 10:52 PM, The Gizzard of Oz said:

There is also a Sphinx in Essos.  They're not exclusively found at the Citadel.  

A sphinx is a mixture of different species.  Families have mascots of different species to represent their houses.  The sphinx is a person who comes from two noble families.  Which is just about every person of high birth.  A person with a lion mother and a stag father would qualify as a sphinx.  It is probably Archmaester Marwyn.  

It's someone at the citadel.  It could be Marwyn.  The part of his blood that can't be trusted by the maesters can mean he's a Targaryen bastard.  

Archived