Gollancz Festival 2017, 4th November, London

I've bought a ticket for this year's Gollancz Festival. I didn't go to the one last year, but I thought it was good fun when several of us went in 2015, and they seem to have a good turn-out of authors again, including some who I think a lot of BWBers will be familiar with like Ben Aaronovitch, Chris Wooding, Alastair Reynolds and Pat Cadigan. Anyone else thinking of going?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Ah, it's later this year so I'll be much more likely to attend.

I don't know why I didn't put the date in when I created the thread, but I guess I can edit the title.

I think it was just after Titancon back in 2015, so it does seem a few weeks later this year.

This seems a lot more expensive than last time. £25 for the all-day ticket seems reasonable, but then you have to pay £30 extra to go to the Phoenix Club thing in the late afternoon? That seems excessive. Am I reading that right?

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

This seems a lot more expensive than last time. £25 for the all-day ticket seems reasonable, but then you have to pay £30 extra to go to the Phoenix Club thing in the late afternoon? That seems excessive. Am I reading that right?

I think it was more expensive last year as well (not that I went, but I remember thinking they'd put their prices up). The £25 ticket is for the events at Foyles, so if you wanted to go to the Phoenix event then you would buy that instead of the Foyles ticket (since they're taking place at the same time you shouldn't buy both). I've got an all-day ticket for Foyles, the Phoenix events seem more targeted at aspiring writers.

• 2 months later...

Still thinking about this - TCCB will probably be away for work that weekend, so this seems like a good distraction, again if there are tickets left, and depending on what my finances are doing. 

• 4 weeks later...

I can be around!

We could meet up either at the Phoenix pub (unrelated to the theatre venue connected to this event) which we used for a previous BwB gathering, or the Montagu Pyke, both of which are close to Foyles.

13 hours ago, Toft said:

I can be around!

We could meet up either at the Phoenix pub (unrelated to the theatre venue connected to this event) which we used for a previous BwB gathering, or the Montagu Pyke, both of which are close to Foyles.

Maybe we could meet up at the Montagu Pyke? I'm not sure how long I'll be at the signing bit, so I might be there sometime between 6:30 and 7.

That sounds perfect. If the Pyke is too busy then the other place will work. I'll PM you my number! The concert I'm at finished around 5pm so I think I will be there in advance of others and so I'm not so worried about the timing.

Archived