Black Bolt has four facial expressions in this trailer:

Sad/pouty, head tilted down

quizzical

angry.

constipated.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

he is all of those things at the same time

It's amazing that Scott Buck continues to get shows to run. He was responsible for the last season of Dexter and he's the show runner on Iron Fist. I guess I should't be surprised. Veena Sud (The U.S. version of The Killing) is getting a new show.

The first line in the voiceover sounds like Donald Trump.

I wonder if they spent their budget on Lockjaw? He looks good while everyone else looks a bit budget especially Medusa (who from the trailer may as well be another mute).

Iwan Rheon at least seems the kind of actor who will try and shine whatever he's in.

The trailer to me looks like the pilot may have promise up until the point they arrive on Earth and then it's hard to shake the feeling of the non fan4stic FF films.

2 hours ago, Trebla said:

It's amazing that Scott Buck continues to get shows to run. He was responsible for the last season of Dexter and he's the show runner on Iron Fist. I guess I should't be surprised. Veena Sud (The U.S. version of The Killing) is getting a new show.

Maybe he turns things in on time/budget because I agree his track record is not great. Then again Jeph Loeb has churned out some crap over the years (particularly in comics) so he maybe sees a kindred spirit in Buck.

The mind boggles at the thought process though. Drew Goddard and Doug Petrie turn out critical and commercial hits with Daredevil. Likewise for Rosenberg and Hodari Coker with their shows. Then there's Buck with Iron Fist and the first netflix show to receive a critical panning. And they give him another Marvel show to run? Unless they "promoted" him away from Iron Fist season 2 that's a bizarre result. One can only conclude that a mixture of the following is at play; the viewing figures for Iron Fist were just as good as the  other shows, Buck turns in a cheap show (possibly making Iron Fist as/more profitable than the other shows) or he knows how to network.

18 hours ago, generalzod said:

Black Bolt has four facial expressions in this trailer:

Sad/pouty, head tilted down

quizzical

angry.

constipated.

Well, given that he can't speak or utter any sounds at all for fear of killing those around him.  He seems somewhat limited in his forms of facial expression.

There are so many things working against this show.... the network its on and showrunner in particular... that I am among the pessimistic.... but the only things that gives me a glimmer of hope are (some of) the casting... and that Marvel seems to have invested a lot of effort in this for it to be as bad as I expect...

I hope I'm wrong.

the viewing figures for Iron Fist were just as good as the  other shows

Apparently the first-run viewing figures for each Marvel Netflix show have been higher than the one before, so Iron Fist is the most successful Netflix Marvel show of them all (for a comparable time period; the earlier shows have more overall viewings because they've been out for much longer).

20 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Well, given that he can't speak or utter any sounds at all for fear of killing those around him.  He seems somewhat limited in his forms of facial expression.

No correlation whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...

Another new trailer. My biggest issue is how sterile the world looks -- doesn't looked lived in. I'm still not as vehemently against this thing as others, though. While Medusa's wig is pretty weak, I do think the CGI with it looks decent. When everyone was shitting on the wig, I was mostly concerned with how her hair would move -- seems like a difficult feat even for a movie, nevermind a television show.

• 1 month later...

Archived