INHUMANS... there are no words...

generalzod

Just binge watched everything so far. Loose collection of thoughts:

Why am I meant to root for the main characters? The royal family are racists. Maximus is the villain because he doesn't accept their caste system (that is basically slavery) and is non-specifically insane.

Gorgon has teamed up with a bunch of humans who are following him for nebulous reasons and are surprisingly chill with their buddy getting killed, like moments after it happens they're reassuring Gorgon about it. And what is his job? Head of the guard, the guard who en masse committed treason.

Karnak is quite clearly just spinning his wheels until the plot allows him to insert himself again. So sure he's hanging out with a bunch of ridiculously good looking drug dealers, whilst nursing a concussion. And has clearly forgotten any sense of duty, there's been a coup, sure now is the time to hook up. And lets just throw in a jealousy murder plot in there too.

Medusa has teamed up with Felicity from Arrow, who is there again because: reasons. And is completely cool with having a gun pulled on her, and then helping that woman, who shot at and destroyed a police car. Medusa does not give a single shit about this woman, until she suddenly does. Well kind of, she's still yet to do anything that doesn't directly help herself.

Crystal is like a case study of entitlement. She spent the first 2 and a half episodes being a bratty princess then suddenly remembered her powers, forgot the banishment of her parents, and turned up on earth where she immediately just expected some guy to fix her monster dog. And Lockjaw? He's too useful, so he just becomes shitty at teleportation when he's tired. Gets knocked out, and then almost immediately after gets hit by a quad bike. All simply so he's out of the picture for a while.

Black Bolt is by comparison actually doing alright. Sure he only has one facial expression: mild puzzlement. But he was pretty badass when breaking out of prison. And is involved in the only vaguely interesting storyline being tested on.

Also for a show about superbeings the only person who used one in episode 4 was Mortis who did so accidentally.

On 18/10/2017 at 8:28 PM, The BlackBear said:

Just binge watched everything so far. Loose collection of thoughts:

Ha ha, agree with everything you've written. It's a terrible show, with no internal logic.

It often felt like I was watching a tv show from te 1990s in 2017.

The show's only redeeming feature imho is Iwan Rheon. But he can't save the whole thing by himself, especially since he's not always given great lines.

And the funny thing, as you point out, is that you can't help wonder why Maximus is supposed to be the vilain. His methods aside, it doesn't feel that he's completely wrong. At least at first. As the show progresses, he becomes closer to an actual vilain. But it's not enough to really care for the royal family.

Its staggering how bad this is... I didn;t even dislike Iron Fist (I didn;t think it was good, but because I'm a Marvel guy I still managed to enjoy it)... but this is hot garbage... the story, the dialogue, nothing makes any real sense...  It's like a teenagers first attempt at writing a script. 

22 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Its staggering how bad this is... I didn;t even dislike Iron Fist (I didn;t think it was good, but because I'm a Marvel guy I still managed to enjoy it)... but this is hot garbage... the story, the dialogue, nothing makes any real sense...  It's like a teenagers first attempt at writing a script. 

I have watched the first episode for, believe it or not, 10 days. That is how much I was interested in "watching" it. I procrastinated it as much as possible. I couldn't have watched more than 5 minutes in one take. 

Archived