What One Thing Would Make You Stop Watching The Show?

AEJON TARGARYEN

50 minutes ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I read the forums for several months last year without discovering she'd been burnt, I was shocked when I found out, I really thought she was going to be Queen. 

I had thought she would be queen in the end game for so many years right up until the burning.  What an awful scene.

1 hour ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I read the forums for several months last year without discovering she'd been burnt, I was shocked when I found out, I really thought she was going to be Queen. 

I was so impressed by Stannis with the "you are princess Shireen of House Baratheon, and you are my daughter" that I had even put a Baratheon wallpaper on my pc. That was the first time I started to really really like this House. And then.... he burnt her and burnt all the love I have for Baratheon House in general. :crying:

3 hours ago, Sanrast said:

I came close (but I didn't stop) at the episode of Shireen's burning. Because in the previous episodes I started to like the character of Stannis a lot. Especially the "You are the princess Shireen of House Baratheon, and you are my daughter" I thought it one of the coolest scenes ever. And then the burning happened. :(

Yes, it sucked a lot. What a horrible twist. I hated it a lot.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I've seen fans on Facebook and YouTube theorising that Bran's dreaming it all and they say how cool it'll be if he wakes up at the end and stops Ned going to King's Landing. I'm horrified that anybody thinks this ending would be anything other than awful. 

Are you kidding? This would totally redeem the show ;) 

I could never understand why he speaks how he does, it always seemed quite fake and distracting. I've not seen him in anything else though, so maybe that's just him. 

Where did the theory that bran is dreaming all this come from? I hear that theory about where someone will wake up and it will have all been a dream all the time and I have to say that it is always a horrible thought.

Why would a jaime and brienne love be a bad thing? I agree.

I like littlefingers accent for some reason though I am not a huge fan of his character.

Yeah that scene where stannis burns his own daughter was brutal. I remember watching it and going...no there is no way he will do this he is gonna back out at the last minute showing he has a line he won't cross. I get their reasons for it and the idea that he will do anything to win but it was unnesecary

I actually did stop watching after 6x05 when Hodor and Summer both died.  That really shook me, and I stopped watching because I didn't want to learn anything else that devastating from the show, I wanted to wait until TWOW came out, to find out things like that from Martin, not from the show.  It only lasted for 3 weeks, though - then I caved and caught up on my watching before 6x09 aired.   

9 hours ago, lostinwesteros said:

I actually did stop watching after 6x05 when Hodor and Summer both died.  That really shook me, and I stopped watching because I didn't want to learn anything else that devastating from the show, I wanted to wait until TWOW came out, to find out things like that from Martin, not from the show.  It only lasted for 3 weeks, though - then I caved and caught up on my watching before 6x09 aired.   

That's when I stopped watching also, not because I wanted to wait for the books, but because I don't want to see or read about this stuff anymore in any medium.  So, I already don't watch the show, but I continue to follow it because I want to know the end for the main characters.  I won't be watching this year either and I won't be buying Winds when it comes out unless a lot of the deaths in the show are reversed in the book, which I don't expect to happen.

17 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I don't get the hate for the show. And if people do hate the show why come her and talk about it or even watch it?

This I will never ever even begin to understand. I'm a star wars fan and I strongly dislike star trek. But why would I go on a star trek forum and bitch about star trek?

Very interesting how different people's tastes and opinions are. I love the "Bran Time Travel" stuff, and I'd love Jamie and Brienne to hook up. Plus I'm not a giant Daenerys fan, but I loooove her eyebrows. I also have nothing against Littlefinger's accent(s). I myself use different accents and speech patterns all day long, depending on who I speak to and how I feel at the moment. Wouldn't you speak totally different to Gendry than you'd speak to Queen Cersei?

On 6/30/2017 at 10:26 PM, RhaenysB said:

I'm sure I had replied before, but at this point, nothing. I want to know the end of this bloody story even if it's crap. 

Yes.

And then, after we've ripped the 7th and 8th season to shreds, we can settle down to continue the Long Wait.

On Invalid Date at 5:02 PM, lady-alayne said:

I always told people I would stop watching after Petyr Baelish died, just because Aidan Gillen is such a brilliant actor and one of the few truly talented people on the show. Enduring Emilia Clarke's long monologues where her eyebrows take on a life of their own is painful enough.

But now that his death seems more and more likely I think I will still continue to watch until the end. It's just too much fun to complain about it ;)

Yes it's a shame because he's likely my favourite character out of those remaining - the only really good villain remaining, in my opinion.

On 7/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, snow is the man said:

Where did the theory that bran is dreaming all this come from? I hear that theory about where someone will wake up and it will have all been a dream all the time and I have to say that it is always a horrible thought.

Why would a jaime and brienne love be a bad thing? I agree.

I like littlefingers accent for some reason though I am not a huge fan of his character.

Yeah that scene where stannis burns his own daughter was brutal. I remember watching it and going...no there is no way he will do this he is gonna back out at the last minute showing he has a line he won't cross. I get their reasons for it and the idea that he will do anything to win but it was unnesecary

Yeah, first time I watched that scene with the burning of Shireen, I thought like you did, that no way was this actually going to happen, someone will stop it, someone will save her...but...NOPE.   I thought someone would save her right up to the very end of the scene and I only believed they had actually done it when the scene ended.

At which point I was appalled (I dislike that scene more than any other scene in the show, I think.  I was stunned.)

25 minutes ago, CaptainTheo said:

Yes it's a shame because he's likely my favourite character out of those remaining - the only really good villain remaining, in my opinion.

LF and Varys are charicature sof the characters that used to exist in the first seasons. LF used to be an intelligent villain, and now is like a nonagenarian villain trying to rekindle his moments of youth, by playing desperate Prom Queen Teengae Games, while in his mind thinks they are brilliant. Varys has become Tyrion's number 1 groupie and he follows him everywhere, no matter if he has to be teleported across the oceans,

On 7/2/2017 at 4:33 PM, snow is the man said:

I don't get the hate for the show. And if people do hate the show why come her and talk about it or even watch it?

While they would never admit it, once anything reaches a certain status in pop culture, a counter culture springs up to try to discredit it. People that truly "hate" the show, simply wouldn't watch. They get as much enjoyment out of watching and bashing it, as you or I do in really enjoying it. Either way, they are contributing to the show's popularity, and helping it to make even more $$. 

3 hours ago, Short Claw said:

While they would never admit it, once anything reaches a certain status in pop culture, a counter culture springs up to try to discredit it. People that truly "hate" the show, simply wouldn't watch. They get as much enjoyment out of watching and bashing it, as you or I do in really enjoying it. Either way, they are contributing to the show's popularity, and helping it to make even more $$. 

Ironic isn't it.

4 hours ago, Cron said:

Yeah, first time I watched that scene with the burning of Shireen, I thought like you did, that no way was this actually going to happen, someone will stop it, someone will save her...but...NOPE.   I thought someone would save her right up to the very end of the scene and I only believed they had actually done it when the scene ended.

At which point I was appalled (I dislike that scene more than any other scene in the show, I think.  I was stunned.)

I just didn't think they would go through with it. Burning her alive seemed a bit rough even for hbo to do. Although I believe it was trying to show how desperate stannis had gotten and how much mel had gotten in his head.

Archived