What will be Stannis

Perharps he'll stop at the Neck and try to stop the others. If he decide to keep marching south, I believe that the Riverlands is the best option, and then KL. The Vale is way to strong to be conquered, unless he manage to convince the Lords Declarants to side with him. The Royces alone are a power to be considered.

Attacking the Westerlands could work, as it can keep the Tyrells less enthusiastic to help Cersei(which is the ruler of CR) it depends on how much support he gets though.

I don't think he will have time to think South. He will get WF. But not much of an army of his own left. Surviving Starks and Jon should regroup there too. Everything else will be Others. And Daenerys'. Let Daenerys deal will all that. In the end, nothing will remain of the South.

4 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I don't think he will have time to think South. He will get WF. But not much of an army of his own left. Surviving Starks and Jon should regroup there too. Everything else will be Others. And Daenerys'. Let Daenerys deal will all that. In the end, nothing will remain of the South.

But he has a plan to invade Westeros.

On 6/29/2017 at 1:34 PM, Brandon Baratheon said:

What will be Stannis' plan after invasion of North (if it even happens)? Will he try to invade all kingdoms slowly beginning from Vale? Or he could end war in Westerlands/KL?

Sorry for heading.

He already invaded the north. I advise that you finish the books before coming here so as not to spoil yourself

I really hope Stannis will win battle of Winterfell.

Afterwards it is only the Others. Hopefully all Daenerys dragons will die battling the Others. It will give Stannis chances to confront Targaryen. Remember, pure Iron will break before it bends.Iron Throne belongs to Stannis.

55 minutes ago, Sergey Dukman said:

I really hope Stannis will win battle of Winterfell.

Afterwards it is only the Others. Hopefully all Daenerys dragons will die battling the Others. It will give Stannis chances to confront Targaryen. Remember, pure Iron will break before it bends.Iron Throne belongs to Stannis.

He will. And Stannis has been tempered, he no longer is pure iron. ;)

1 hour ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

But he has a plan to invade Westeros.

Honestly, there are already too many contenders in the South. And the real problem is North. There is only one war that matter now. And Melisandre was wrong anyway about AAR. Stannis doesn't need to become king to save Westeros.

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

So tempered that in case of peril and no heir, I can see him do an Aegon IV :P

I can totally see that happening. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if it actually comes to just that. :)

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can totally see that happening. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if it actually comes to just that. :)

What a "storm" that would be - "I, King Stannis, hereby legitimize all of Robert Baratheon's bastards! At least they're my brother's instead of Jaime's. Long live House Baratheon." :devil:

4 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

What a "storm" that would be - "I, King Stannis, hereby legitimize all of Robert Baratheon's bastards! At least they're my brother's instead of Jaime's. Long live House Baratheon." :devil:

Hear, hear! :commie:

1 minute ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

Did he invade Neck?

What? You never said anything about that. You were asking:

On 6/29/2017 at 1:34 PM, Brandon Baratheon said:

What will be Stannis' plan after invasion of North (if it even happens)?

It already did happen. 

Stannis isn't invading anywhere.   The Northern Lords who have joined him have agreed to take him as king if he liberates the North from Bolton rule.   He's got support in the North.  Davos is on adventure doing precisely what he needs to do to help Stannis.   If he is successful, Manderly will support Stannis as King.  Mel is at the Wall doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing, which is, in a way, furthering Stannis' cause in fighting The Great Other.  Stannis has no need for more heirs as he's got Shireen, who he tells Justin Massey:

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt." Theon 1 TWOW

Stannis' whole story is about bald faced duty.  He takes no joy in R'hllor or rule.   He simply believes this is his job.    

Considering the hostages currently in Stannis' tow, I think we may see some sort of backdoor agreement with the Iron Islands.   I expect the Harlaws to get on board real quick.  With Euron Greyjoy as King of the II and Davos as a 1st rate seaman, there almost has to be some sort of conflict.  Then again, Davos could return with lots of fighting people from Skagos, Skane and who knows?   Maybe even Hardhome.   Maybe not, but the set up is there for some sort of interaction with the Ironborn.   Just as R'hllor is a means to an end, I think Asha and Theon will serve in like.   Massey has been sent east for sellswords after a detour to Castle Black.  Stannis needs an army and this will take time.   

It's likely Stannis will stay in the North for a while longer yet to gather his forces.    

I expect Stannis to remain north of the Neck for the duration of the series (and, most likely, his life). He will rally the North to his cause, and once he hears of the landing of Aegon's men at Storm's End, he may be tempted to march south, but I have a feeling Davos will link up with him before then (with or without Rickon) and convince him that the true fight is north, and the fall of the Wall may force him to move on the Others.

7 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

:lmao:Excellent! And deliciously sweet at the same time.

I believe once he liberates the North from the Boltons and installs Rickon as Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, northern houses (more specifically House Manderly) will provide him with ships which he will use to sail to Dragonstone and recapture it, and from there plan to attack King's Landing second time because having the North at his back to stop the Others is not enough, and Stannis is smart enough to realize that. He needs to take the Iron Throne if he wants to order the southerners to come and help in the fight against the Others.

But of course, once he lands back on Dragonstone, Daenerys and her armada will arrive, and the rightful king will be roasted alive in dragon fire.

And besides, Dany has that vision of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow with burning sword, and how she is a slayer of a lie. I believe her encounter with Stannis happens at Dragonstone, the ancestral seat of House Targaryen that was given to the Mannis.

Re Stannis pulling off an "Aegon IV" - any idea on how many of Robert's children are still alive in the book-verse? AFAIK four - Mya, Bella, Gendry, Edric - any others?

We know about Cersei murdering how many?

Archived