Arya Reunited with Nymeria

Let's discuss the imminent reunion of Arya with her beloved Direwolf.  We know it will happen.  And I do believe when it does, this particular union will not be defeated so easily as the other Stark/Direwolf pairs have.  On the contrary, they will be wreaking havoc on any who stand in their path.

My theory is that Nymeria has been building up a massive and powerful wolf pack of her own over the last year or so.  Nymeria eventually will seek out Arya, and at that time, Arya will assume complete leadership of this pack.  This pack, led by Arya, and Nymeria as her right hand, will become a new army in Westeros that will run amok and literally take over parts of Westeros.

What do others say about this theory, pray tell?

One additional point I will add is what I like to call "Who is Riding Who"?  We all know about Daenarys' ability to raise her dragons and even to ride on Drogon as he does his dragonly thing from the heavens.  But dragons will not be the only animals that are ridden into battle.  There will be another who rides a fearsome beast into battle and is equally victorious.  I am talking about Arya riding on Nymeria's back, leading their massive wolf pack into their own battles.  After all, the Direwolves have been revived in a very similar way by the Starks relative to the dragon revival.  We have seen much of the dragons reentering the scene in this world, however, precious little about the Direwolves other than their grisly demise.  They will rise up in season 7, with Arya riding Nymeria to victory.  Who else may enter into this pac(k)t?

I think Arya's story will end with her living a second life in Nymeria. A second life worthy of a Queen. Then lead the wolfpack on a tear across the Riverlands and beyond.

2 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

I think Arya's story will end with her living a second life in Nymeria. A second life worthy of a Queen. Then lead the wolfpack on a tear across the Riverlands and beyond.

Sigh. Just no, please. What a rubbish ending, to fade away in your wolf like that. You really think that's what George has planned? :huh:

11 hours ago, Winter Wasnt That Bad said:

I am talking about Arya riding on Nymeria's back, leading their massive wolf pack into their own battles.

Like Princess Mononoke. It could work. I imagine little Rickon is doing the same by now, too. (One hopes he hasn't let Osha get eaten or anything...)

4 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Sigh. Just no, please. What a rubbish ending, to fade away in your wolf like that. You really think that's what George has planned? :huh:

Fading away - it's conventional wildling wisdom, but I sort of doubt it's been proved. How would you test it? Most skinchangers have capacity for just one beast - their own - and very few of them would want to spoil another's second life. Varamyr is the rarest of the rare, and his victims probably died off before he could get much sense of fading. (It would be interesting to find out if Varamyr fades.)

Even so... Nymeria's going to play a big role in the end-game - taking down wights, I guess - , but she doesn't need Arya on-board to do it. (Grey Wind fought and scouted intelligently for Robb with just the normal warg bond.) Arya's going to fight with Needle.

I've just remembered that Arya identifies herself as a ghost at one point - which is probably foreshadowing. Oh well, there'll be plenty of time for Assassin's Creed stuff first, and then I'm expecting a whole world of undead characters - probably everything Patchface saw was the undead, or the sort of undead.

I'm looking forward to the scene of the reunion with Nymeria too. Their bond is unusual - it seems Nymeria could easily have found Arya in the Riverlands, but chose not to, in spite of the danger. At the same time, they are absolutely as one as the Night Wolf. It's intriguing. (Reminds me of a Philip Pullman story that did something similar.)

11 hours ago, DutchArya said:

How about Arya and Jon, both in wolf-mode, running away together to start the new race of direwolves?

20 hours ago, Winter Wasnt That Bad said:

One additional point I will add is what I like to call "Who is Riding Who"?  We all know about Daenarys' ability to raise her dragons and even to ride on Drogon as he does his dragonly thing from the heavens.  But dragons will not be the only animals that are ridden into battle.  There will be another who rides a fearsome beast into battle and is equally victorious.  I am talking about Arya riding on Nymeria's back, leading their massive wolf pack into their own battles.  After all, the Direwolves have been revived in a very similar way by the Starks relative to the dragon revival.  We have seen much of the dragons reentering the scene in this world, however, precious little about the Direwolves other than their grisly demise.  They will rise up in season 7, with Arya riding Nymeria to victory.  Who else may enter into this pac(k)t?

Can you post some references or sources to back up your claims?

@Secrets of the Citadel just posted a youtube video this week about Arya's education.   I highly recommend this short video to anyone interested in a new take on Arya's future.   The part that really pricked my ears up was about Nymeria.   Arya was alone when she abandoned Nymeria regardless the circumstances.   (Though I think Nymeria has been reaching out to Arya by way of the wolf dreams, but what I think doesn't matter.)   The premise is that Arya and Nymeria will merely cross paths, not resume their close relationship.   It was really a sad sort of revelation.  I see a lot of hopelessness in Arya's story.  The little miraculous twists and turns in ASOIAF do seem to set us up for shocking disappointment.  Arya and Nymeria's stories are separate.   There are only the dreams between them.  I'm not so sure either of them will even survive this tale much less reunite in souls down the road.   As I say, I just thought it was an interesting twist on these characters.

22 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

@Secrets of the Citadel just posted a youtube video this week about Arya's education.   I highly recommend this short video to anyone interested in a new take on Arya's future.   The part that really pricked my ears up was about Nymeria.   Arya was alone when she abandoned Nymeria regardless the circumstances.   (Though I think Nymeria has been reaching out to Arya by way of the wolf dreams, but what I think doesn't matter.)   The premise is that Arya and Nymeria will merely cross paths, not resume their close relationship.   It was really a sad sort of revelation.  I see a lot of hopelessness in Arya's story.  The little miraculous twists and turns in ASOIAF do seem to set us up for shocking disappointment.  Arya and Nymeria's stories are separate.   There are only the dreams between them.  I'm not so sure either of them will even survive this tale much less reunite in souls down the road.   As I say, I just thought it was an interesting twist on these characters.

I will go watch that video now because the "not a close relationship" seems odd to my silly senses, but in the meantime, wasn't Jory with Arya when Arya had to abandon Nymeria? They both threw stones to make her turn away. Or, are they saying illustratively Arya is without her father and sister (blood kin) in that off page scene?

44 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I will go watch that video now because the "not a close relationship" seems odd to my silly senses, but in the meantime, wasn't Jory with Arya when Arya had to abandon Nymeria? They both threw stones to make her turn away. Or, are they saying illustratively Arya is without her father and sister (blood kin) in that off page scene?

It's a neat aggregate of ideas.  Arya's aloneness is very much in the spotlight here.  She (Secrets) never says this is the way it is, but we rehash the same things over and over and this was just a new way of looking at Arya.   Let me know what you think, Leech.    I think it's only like 14 minutes long.   

49 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yes of course you're right and I am misremembering.   I vowed no more rereads this year.  

15 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Honestly yes I do, its how I see her story concluded. Granted it likely won't happen till Spring. I know you have your own thoughts on how Arya's story will end. Agree to disagree and when the books come out you can tell me how wrong I was. Or right, really doesn't matter that much to me.

36 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

It's a neat aggregate of ideas.  Arya's aloneness is very much in the spotlight here.  She (Secrets) never says this is the way it is, but we rehash the same things over and over and this was just a new way of looking at Arya.   Let me know what you think, Leech.    I think it's only like 14 minutes long.   

Hmm, the survey poll results at the end are interesting. I never would have guessed that. (no spoilers from me!)

The video does make a good point that Littlefinger is the one person who will not be able to influence Arya at all :D

here is a link to the video if anyone is interested.

Archived