The Unholy Consult Post-Release SPOILER THREAD

Werthead

4 minutes ago, Ajûrbkli said:

Curunq is near enough to Jekhia to be the source, I guess?  Either that or Jekhia has trading relations with some Eannan nation that breeds Nonman slaves and then burns them for chanv.

We don't have any indication that qirri is changing the skin color of Akka and Mimara, right?

2 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

I think Ajokli gets some few souls courtesy of the Narindari (similar to the beetle sacrificed to him by Kelmomas).

I agree with the first part of your deal: Ajokli gets to inhabit the World, but I don't think Kellhus is trying to destroy Hell.  I haven't seen any textual evidence to that effect.  There is very little evidence that Kellhus actually gets anything meaningful in return from Ajokli except the power to overcome the DunSult. 

He doesn't burn in Hell. When you worship or make a pact with a being on the Outside apparently you draw their attention (I believe this was stated by Bakker cause it ruins the whole "worship oblivion and slip into darkness" crock people like Titirga were trying)

For some this is seen as a good thing. Yatwer's Queen Mother for example, thought she'd be rewarded. Some people are dubious but apparently Kellhus thought he would be and was apparently right (if Ajokli didn't screw him) 

Not sure that Ajokli's plan was to redeem anyone- in any sense- and not just munch on the people and suffering caused though.

48 minutes ago, Hello World said:

Well, there are people who are still waiting for the NA release, and this thread ended very quickly. I think we can create a second TUC post release thread to give folks enough time to catch up... 

But the no-TUC thread is still alive, and has very little volume.

• 4 months later...
On 7/6/2017 at 1:46 PM, Werthead said:

Other thoughts:

Is the Sun Lance being different to the Heron Spear significant? I have a head time believing that, not once in centuries, did any Nonman or Seswatha or Celmomas try to use the Heron Spear to laser the Ark. Given that the Sun Lance blasted one of the Horns down and the Heron Spear didn't, does that mean that the Sun Lance is more powerful? Or just different? Would firing this thing at the No-God be a really bad idea?

I was under the impression that the Heron Spear was being used...I don't remember any mention of a Sun Lance.  And who was the wielder of the weapon from high on the upright horn?  Aurang?  That wasn't clear to me, but then again not much is on the first reading of these books!

19 hours ago, Frey Filet said:

I was under the impression that the Heron Spear was being used...I don't remember any mention of a Sun Lance.  And who was the wielder of the weapon from high on the upright horn?  Aurang?  That wasn't clear to me, but then again not much is on the first reading of these books!

Akka said it was different. It fired a different colour of energy. The appendix confirms it is Aurang's personal spear of light, the Sun Lance, which was last successfully used in the siege of Ishterebinth during the First Apocalypse. It was a random Nonman sniper who was using it in TUC. He seemed to have it attached to an external energy source of some kind, which might explain why it was powerful enough to bring down the Horn.

Archived