Snowfall - spoilers

Martini Sigil

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, dooog said:

Wow can't believe this thread is a wasteland. Just started Snowfall last week on a recommendation, had never heard of it before. I'm roughly halfway through S2 and really enjoying it. One of best shows on tv right now.

Tell me about it....lol... when i started this thread I figured it would be 20 pages deep by now.... this is a vastly under rated show.

Doesn't help matters it airs in uk several months after it does in America. Add trying to find the thread and i think most of my comments simply wound up on the watching thread. 

Season 2 improved significantly over the first and i already thought the show was decent.

I still have the finale to S2 to watch at some point.  I thought it ran out of steam. I stopped caring about any of the characters.  They’ve all lost their way, they’re all naive and callous at the same time, they’re inviting bad things to happen to them, the whole thing lost its spark. 

• 5 months later...

S3 premiere was good. Everything is ramping up with Franklin's arc. I thought Claudia was dead, though. One issue I've had with Franklin's arc is Leon, who is basically O-Dog from Menace to Society. Jerome's store getting burglarized was the least unexpected thing to happen in the show. Really like Andre stepping up as an antagonist to Franklin . There conversation in the car was really good.

Teddy's arc was ok. I'm wondering if Matt's role was sidelined since Jonathan Tucker is now doing City on a Hill. Not sure how I feel about Soledad joining up with Teddy.

Not much to say about Gustavo's arc yet. Not much happened.

Not sure how the series will change with passing of John Singleton.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Been loving this show so much that I'm buying it to stream. I thought 2 and 3 were a step up, actually. Damn FX not having a streaming service, barbarians. Loved the Panama visit.

There is FXNow if you're a cable subscriber. But, yeah, Disney killed the standalone streaming service.

• 5 weeks later...

Now that Season 3 is in the can.... I feel like --despite the lack of hype on this forum...lol-- I would put this show up there with the best shows on basic cable, this side of Breaking Bad...  I just hope they don;t go too much longer with it...  FX had success going 7 seasons with the Americans, but that was rare... if the Snowfall honchos want this show to be spoken of with reverence after it ends, one or two more seasons should do it...  

Archived