Will We Meet Howland Reed Through Arya?

Grover Bluejoy

Nothing to crazy here but I had thought watching the most recent trailer:

If Arya is in The Riverlands and making her way north, she more than likely will travel through The Neck to get there. Since the Bolton's no longer rule in The North (and presumably no longer hold Moat Cailin) then it would be reasonably safe to assume the Reeds will be back in their castle. If Arya reunites with Nymeria before she reaches The Neck, she will be traveling through with the direwolf as her companion. I predict that either Reed himself or his scouts will find her with Nymeria in tow, and that's how we'll meet* Howland Reed.

Howland appears to be one of the only people privy to Jon's parentage; do you think he'll tell Arya? That is assuming this ever happens.  

*excluding The Tower of Joy flashback.

So glad you started this thread. There has been lot of speculation that on the show, contrary to WINDS, it will be bran who will reveal R+L=J and HR will not be a part of that revelation. I think they introduced HR in season 6 for a reason, especially considering the fact that BR pointed him out of the Northmen.

Bran will probably find out about Jon's parentage anyways. But the North will not simply start believing Jon to be the rightful heir to the Throne just because of a boy's visions. There HAS to be a credible witness and what better witness there can be than Ned's trustee little Crannogman?

But i don't think he will tell Arya. He has kept his mouth shut all these years and he is not going to reveal that secret to a girl he just met even though she is a Stark. At best, he might travel to WF with Arya where he will meet with his daughter first. They will have a somber family reunion and a short mourning over Jojen's death. When the time is appropriate, he will speak with Jon about his parentage and real name.

I definitely think HR will appear on the show.  As mentioned above, he was shown in the flashback for a reason and singled out by name.  The showrunners want us to know who he is and what he knows ahead of his current day debut.  With Meera and Bran headed back south of the Wall, she will at some point report to her father to let him know about Jojen's fate.  I actually think Meera will end up leaving Bran at WF, even if temporarily, and heading home to see her father, although it is entirely possible that Howland finally leaves the Neck and heads to WF in the event that another gathering of the Northern lords is called.  Either way, i can almost guarantee we see him in season 7...

I really hope they show Greywater Watch! That castle sounds really cool. But I agree with the others; there are so many characters on the show and singling him out during the TOJ scene had to be for a reason. I don't think he will meet Arya though.  I feel like Jon is going to find something in the Winterfell crypts that makes him start doubting that Ned was his father. And Howland Reed will be the one to make the revelation that confirms what Bran saw in the flashback.  Who would believe Bran honestly?

6 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I definitely think HR will appear on the show.  As mentioned above, he was shown in the flashback for a reason and singled out by name.  The showrunners want us to know who he is and what he knows ahead of his current day debut.  With Meera and Bran headed back south of the Wall, she will at some point report to her father to let him know about Jojen's fate.  I actually think Meera will end up leaving Bran at WF, even if temporarily, and heading home to see her father, although it is entirely possible that Howland finally leaves the Neck and heads to WF in the event that another gathering of the Northern lords is called.  Either way, i can almost guarantee we see him in season 7...

Is it Ben Fox that people have been speculating will play adult Howland Reed? I seem to remember something about that a while back, but I don't really keep up with the casting info unless I spot it somewhere in a thread about something else.

11 hours ago, King Behind The Wall said:

So glad you started this thread. There has been lot of speculation that on the show, contrary to WINDS, it will be bran who will reveal R+L=J and HR will not be a part of that revelation. I think they introduced HR in season 6 for a reason, especially considering the fact that BR pointed him out of the Northmen.

Bran will probably find out about Jon's parentage anyways. But the North will not simply start believing Jon to be the rightful heir to the Throne just because of a boy's visions. There HAS to be a credible witness and what better witness there can be than Ned's trustee little Crannogman?

But i don't think he will tell Arya. He has kept his mouth shut all these years and he is not going to reveal that secret to a girl he just met even though she is a Stark. At best, he might travel to WF with Arya where he will meet with his daughter first. They will have a somber family reunion and a short mourning over Jojen's death. When the time is appropriate, he will speak with Jon about his parentage and real name.

I don't think he will either. I think, like others on this thread are saying, that it would be revealed by Bran but Howland will corroborate. I think Bran is going to have his own issues with people accepting that it is in fact him, since he's been presumed dead for some time now.

15 hours ago, SerProle said:

Is it Ben Fox that people have been speculating will play adult Howland Reed? I seem to remember something about that a while back, but I don't really keep up with the casting info unless I spot it somewhere in a thread about something else.

He is definitely confirmed as a "yet-to-be-confirmed" character in the upcoming season.  He certainly fits the mold for an adult Howland Reed.  At least from a book perspective.  I felt like the young HR in the ToJ flashbacks looked a little big for what the books describe young HR to look like...

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Fox

Archived