The books coming out in 2018

AncalagonTheBlack

Right,it's that time of the year. :) In advance,i'm 99.99% sure we won't get the usual suspects: GRRM,Rothfuss,Lynch :P

January

The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
Elysium Fire by Alastair Reynolds
The Night Lies Bleeding by M.D. Lachlan
Early Riser by Jasper Fforde
Dark State by Charles Stross
Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
The Broken Heavens by Kameron Hurley
Artificial Condition by Martha Wells
Binti: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor
Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
The Infernal Battalion by Django Wexler
A Time of Dread by John Gwynne
The Raptor & the Wren by Chuck Wendig
The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman
The Midnight Front by David Mack
Key Man by Jason Arnopp
The God Gene by F. Paul Wilson
Still So Strange by Amanda Downum
From Unseen Fire by Cass Morris
The Queen of All Crows by Rod Duncan
Fallen Gods by James A. Moore
The Only Harmless Great Thing by Brooke Bolander
Blood and Sand by C. V. Wyk
The Exile by David Hair
Shroud of Eternity: Sister of Darkness: The Nicci Chronicles, Volume II by Terry Goodkind

February

The Ember Blade by Chris Wooding
The Dead Empire by Kate Elliott
Prince of the Spear by David Hair
Black Mirror: Volume I edited by Charlie Brooker
Paris Adrift by E. J. Swift
Semiosis by Sue Burke
Echoes of Understorey: A Titan's Forest novel by Thoraiya Dyer
The Armored Saint by Myke Cole
The Tangled Lands by Paolo Bacigalupi and Tobias S. Buckell
Age of War by Michael J. Sullivan
Child of a Mad God by R. A. Salvatore
Tarnished City by Vic James
Into the Fire by Elizabeth Moon
One Way by S.J. Morden
Blade and Bone by Jon Sprunk
Elisha Daemon by E.C. Ambrose
Pride and Prometheus by John Kessel
Olympus Bound by Jordanna Max Brodsky
Blood of Assassins by RJ Baker
Under Seven Skies by J. Patrick Black
Outpost by W. Michael Gear
The Immortal Renshai by Mickey Zucker Reichert
Battle Hymn by William C. Dietz
Blood Binds the Pack by Alex Wells
Moonshine by Jasmine Gower
The Song of All by Tina LeCourt Myers

March

Master Assassins (The Fire Sacraments #1) by Robert V. S. Redick
Thin Air by Richard K. Morgan
Good Guys by Steven Brust
Stone Mad by Elizabeth Bear
Lake Silence by Anne Bishop
Poor Relations by Jo Walton
Burn Bright: An Alpha and Omega Novel by Patricia Briggs
If Tomorrow Comes by Nancy Kress
A Veil of Spears by Bradley P. Beaulieu
The Land You Never Leave by Angus Watson
Wrath of Empire by Brian McClellan
Tricks for Free by Seanan McGuire
Zero Day by Ezekiel Boone
The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
Impostor Syndrome by Mishell Baker
Lady Henterman's Wardrobe by Marshall Ryan Maresca
Daughters of the Storm by Kim Wilkins
Queen of the Struggle by Nik Korpon
Quietus by Tristan Palmgren
Dayfall by Michael David Ares
The Brass God by K. M. McInley
Bash Bash Revolution by Douglas Lain

April
The Hyena and the Hawk by Adrian Tchaikovsky
King of Ashes by Raymond E. Feist
Season of Storms by Andrzej Sapkowski
Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente
Bloody Rose (The Band #2) by Nicholas Eames
Eighty-Four K by Claire North
Head On by John Scalzi
The Soldier by Neal Asher
The Wield by Dan Abnett
From Distant Stars by Sam Peters
The Fairies of Sadieville by Alex Bledsoe
The Long Sunset by Jack McDevitt
Emergence by C. J. Cherryh
Scourged by Kevin Hearne
The Body Library by Jeff Noon
Fire Dance by Ilana C. Myer
The Night Dahlia by R. S. Belcher
The Fall of Tithonus by Scott Harrison
Serpent in the Heather by Kay Kenyon
The Nightfall Duology by Mickey Zucker Reichert
Lost Gods by Micah Yongo
Publish and Perish by Phillipa Bornikova
The Defiant Heir by Melissa Caruso
Burning Ashes by James Bennett
Blackfish City by Sam J. Miller
Slenderman by Will Hill
Shattermoon by Dominic Dulley

May

The Testament of Loki by Joanne M. Harris
Willful Child: The Search for Spark by Steven Erikson
In the Eye of Heaven by David Keck
Xeelee: Redemption by Stephen Baxter
Witchsign by Den Patrick
Cerberus Unchained by James Barclay
The Fifth Ward: Friendly Fire by Dale Lucas
Blood of the Gods by David Mealing
Wyntertide by Andrew Caldecott

June

Ravensworn by Ed McDonald
An Informal History of the Hugos by Jo Walton
Summerland by Hannu Rajaniemi
Marked by Benedict Jacka

July

The Master by Miles Cameron
Ghost Engine by Charles Stross
The Tropic of Eternity by Tom Toner
Constance Verity Saves the World by A. Lee Martinez
The Golden Fire by Helen Lowe
Empire of Silence by Christopher Ruocchio

August

Ball Lightning by Cixin Liu
Luna: Volume Three by Ian McDonald
Spelltrigger by Sam Sykes
In a Time of Treason by David Keck

September

The Prince of Glass by Karen Miller

October

November

December

A King in Cobwebs by David Keck

Tentative publication dates:
Untitled 'Deverry' novel by Katharine Kerr  – 14 June 2018

Unknown publication dates:

The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin
The Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss
The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch
Endlords by J. V. Jones

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Untitled 'Deverry' novel by Katharine Kerr  – 14 June 2018

WHAT?!

Yes,on her patreon page she mentions she is writing a new Deverry novel - https://www.patreon.com/KatharineKerr

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Is this a sequel to Gospel of Loki?

Most likely although can't be 100% sure till we have a blurb at least.

Blurb for The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert – January 30, 2018

Welcome to the Hazel Wooda fiercely stunning contemporary fantasy perfect for fans of The Magicians

Seventeen-year-old Alice and her mother have spent most of Alice’s life on the road, always a step ahead of the uncanny bad luck biting at their heels. But when Alice’s grandmother, the reclusive author of a cult-classic book of pitch-dark fairy tales, dies alone on her estate, the Hazel Wood, Alice learns how bad her luck can really get: Her mother is stolen away―by a figure who claims to come from the Hinterland, the cruel supernatural world where her grandmother's stories are set. Alice's only lead is the message her mother left behind: “Stay away from the Hazel Wood.”

Alice has long steered clear of her grandmother’s cultish fans. But now she has no choice but to ally with classmate Ellery Finch, a Hinterland superfan who may have his own reasons for wanting to help her. To retrieve her mother, Alice must venture first to the Hazel Wood, then into the world where her grandmother's tales began―and where she might find out how her own story went so wrong.

Blurb for The Hyena and the Hawk (Echoes of the Fall #3) by Adrian Tchaikovsky - 19 April 2018

The Hyena and the Hawk is the third book in Adrian Tchaikovsky's epic fantasy trilogy, Echoes of the Fall, following The Bear and the Serpent.

From the depths of the darkest myths, the soulless Plague People have returned. Their pale-walled camps obliterate villages, just as the terror they bring with them destroys minds. In their wake, nothing is left of the true people: not their places, not their ways. The Plague People will remake the world as though they had never been.

The heroes and leaders of the true people - Maniye, Loud Thunder, Hesprec and Asman - will each fight the Plague People in their own ways. They will seek allies, gather armies and lead the charge. But a thousand swords or ten thousand spears will not suffice to turn back this enemy. The end is at hand for everything the true people know.

31 minutes ago, redeagl said:

Which is really tragic. He seems to be still a bit burned out from the main series :'(

Yeah, plus he had some sort of writers block crisis with Fall of Light, something about trying to keep it at 3 books. I mean, 2019 is still a pretty good schedule considering the size of those things.

Robert V. S. Redick,author of the Chathrand Voyage Quartet has a new epic fantasy trilogy, The Fire Sacraments,which will be published by Talos Press.The first book in the series,Master Assassins is to be published on March 6, 2018.

Official blurb:

“This book has everything I love: Clean, crisp worldbuilding. Characters that live and breathe. A story that teases and surprises me. I like Master Assassins so much I wish I'd written it, but deep down, I know I couldn't have written it this well.”―#1 New York Times bestselling author Patrick Rothfuss

Kandri Hinjuman was never meant to be a soldier. His brother Mektu was never meant for this world. Rivals since childhood, they are drafted into a horrific war led by a madwoman-Prophet, and survive each day only by hiding their disbelief. Kandri is good at blending in, but Mektu is hopeless: impulsive, erratic―and certain that a demon is stalking him. Is this madness or a second sense? Either way, Kandri knows that Mektu’s antics will land them both in early graves.

But all bets are off when the brothers’ simmering feud explodes into violence, and holy blood is spilled. Kandri and Mektu are taken for contract killers and must flee for their lives―to the one place where they can hope to disappear: the sprawling desert known as the Land that Eats Men. In this eerie wilderness, the terrain is as deadly as the monsters, ghouls, and traffickers in human flesh. Here the brothers find strange allies: an aging warlord, a desert nomad searching for her family, a lethal child-soldier still in her teens. They also find themselves in possession of a secret that could bring peace to the continent of Urrath. Or unthinkable carnage.

On their heels are the Prophet’s death squads. Ahead lie warring armies, sandstorms, evil spirits and the deeper evil of human greed. But hope beckons as well―if the “Master Assassins” can expose the lie that has made them the world’s most wanted men.

To my unspeakable joy, I can finally reveal that my new epic fantasy trilogy The Fire Sacraments has been acquired by Cory Allyn of Talos Press.

Fans of The Chathrand Voyage may well recognize my style and obsessions, but this is a different tale in nearly every respect. It’s a desert adventure, a war story, a gothic family drama and a meditation on racism, fanaticism and empire. It’s also (and no one was more surprised by this than me) damned funny in places. Some characters just notice the absurdity in all things, war very much included.
The titles:

Book One: Master Assassins
** Publication Day: March 6, 2018 **

Book Two: Sidewinders

Book Three: Siege

Master Assassins concerns two brothers who are emphatically NOT what the title suggests. Quite the opposite: they’re hapless soldiers, conscripts who love and hate each other with fairly psychotic intensity and dream only of escape—until the night they stumble into an act of unforgiveable blasphemy, get mistaken for foreign agents, and must flee into the desert ahead of the death squads of their Empress. That’s the kickoff of a pretty complex plot, in which demonic possession, lost cities and narco-medical crime syndicates also demand some stage time. Nonstop fun, in other words.

The first book is complete, and the whole trilogy is mapped out. And yes, it's as weird as they come. I tried to compose a pithy "X meets Y" phrase to encapsulate it, and the most honest one I could come up with was "Dune meets The Road meets Life of Brian." I'm not pulling your leg.

For all the readers who’ve been asking where I’ve been since The Night of the Swarm: thank you for never letting me feel forgotten! Two years in Indonesia did complicate my writing life, to be sure—but that’s another story. Thanks also to Pat Rothfuss for his amaing help and enthusiasm for this story, my new agent Matt Bialer for tireless negotiations, and Cory Allyn for making it clear from day one that he wanted this deal to happen. More details (including pub dates!) to follow.

Thank you again for your messages, your moral support, your loyalty. I'll post more news when I can.

Gratefully,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Archived