The books coming out in 2018

AncalagonTheBlack

On 5/20/2018 at 8:11 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Don't know if anyone else on this forum reads the series and is interested but CJ Sansom's new Shardlake book will be released in October

Thanks for that! 

I've only just started this series, having picked up two of the later books for a great price in my local bookshop. I guess I've got some reading to do before October.

2 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

Thanks for that! 

I've only just started this series, having picked up two of the later books for a great price in my local bookshop. I guess I've got some reading to do before October.

They are really enjoyable books. I enjoy them in their entirety, for both the book long ‘mystery’ and the historical events happening in the background. And the recurring characters are great too.

i was introduced to the series after finding a rather battered copy in a charity shop for a good price. Now i have them all on ebook and quite often find they are put on sale (I use kobo, mostly)

On 5/25/2018 at 8:04 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

They are really enjoyable books. I enjoy them in their entirety, for both the book long ‘mystery’ and the historical events happening in the background. And the recurring characters are great too.

i was introduced to the series after finding a rather battered copy in a charity shop for a good price. Now i have them all on ebook and quite often find they are put on sale (I use kobo, mostly)

Yeah, I've already downloaded the first book on my kindle. The books I got were 5 and 6 of the series but I thought it would make more sense of the history and characters to start at the beginning.  I enjoy history, mysteries and the Tudors, so I should really like these.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Orbit Books are due to publish a North American edition of Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky.

ebook - September 18, 2018

Paperback – December 11, 2018

Winner of the Arthur C. Clarke Award.

The epic story of humanity’s battle for survival on a terraformed planet.

Who will inherit this new Earth?

The last remnants of the human race left a dying Earth, desperate to find a new home among the stars. Following in the footsteps of their ancestors, they discover the greatest treasure of the past age – a world terraformed and prepared for human life.

But all is not right in this new Eden. In the long years since the planet was abandoned, the work of its architects has borne disastrous fruit. The planet is not waiting for them, pristine and unoccupied. New masters have turned it from a refuge into mankind’s worst nightmare.

Now two civilizations are on a collision course, both testing the boundaries of what they will do to survive. As the fate of humanity hangs in the balance, who are the true heirs of this new Earth?

Archived