The Unholy Consult Post-Release SPOILER THREAD II

Werthead

42 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I don't think this is a reasonable characterization of people's annoyances.

Some people are annoyed that Bakker says things are deliberately ambiguous and that this will not change. That this is Bakker's style, and that he is explicitly writing this way to discomfort the reader. The interpretation here is that there are never, ever going to be actual answers to a number of things - not in this third series, not in other talks, no where. And that is by design.

Some people are annoyed that Bakker's revelations about Ajokli possessing Kellhus and Kellhus simply making mistake after mistake and very little of it being actually important makes a lot of the series redundant and weak. 

Some people are annoyed by the revelation that the third series really isn't plotted yet and there is no clear end point. That the answers may not have anything to do with what happened in PoN or TAE because they still haven't been invented yet. This points to a BSG or Lost like interpretation where the series really never had a strict endgame, and things are being made up as they go along. 

And yes, some people are annoyed that things are if anything more unclear after TAE ended. 

One answer from Reddit:

Another answer:

From those two, the most reasonable conclusion is that Kellhus was unaware and not expecting to be subsumed by Ajokli. 

Thanks for posting these, Kal. Wow. 

I guess that I see this as meaning Kel did go outside and did cut a deal with Ajokli for something. What, I don't know because why would Bakker think it's important to explain Kellhus' actual plan? :rolleyes:

And Ajokli did what Ajokli does, which is trick the person that cuts a deal with Ajokli right at the moment of victory. And I guess Kelmomas screws that up. So, I guess No God >> Ajokli >> Kellhus. 

(But Kellhus invisible from Ajokli at end so I guess that's a mystery still.)

But instead of flushing this all out over the series it is dropped out of nowhere so we can get a bunch of padding and plot lines that have no impact at the climax. Sigh. 

14 minutes ago, unJon said:

Thanks for posting these, Kal. Wow. 

I guess that I see this as meaning Kel did go outside and did cut a deal with Ajokli for something. What, I don't know because why would Bakker think it's important to explain Kellhus' actual plan? :rolleyes:

And Ajokli did what Ajokli does, which is trick the person that cuts a deal with Ajokli right at the moment of victory. And I guess Kelmomas screws that up. So, I guess No God >> Ajokli >> Kellhus. 

(But Kellhus invisible from Ajokli at end so I guess that's a mystery still.)

But instead of flushing this all out over the series it is dropped out of nowhere so we can get a bunch of padding and plot lines that have no impact at the climax. Sigh. 

Nah man, he's just leading us on a totally new narrative experience!

Archived