Azor Ahai Theory

Isidora

*AZOR AHAI THEORY*
Possible *spoilers* if you haven’t read all the books

New season just a few hours away, and I’d like to share a theory with everyone here. :)
So I’ve been thinking a lot lately about this, therefore if you are interested and have time, please read. Of course, this is just a theory, a bit out of the box, though I might well be wrong. So don’t get all too aggressive in the comments, but feel free to tell me what you think :) I will state my presumptions based on the some of the details in the books, so if you haven’t read them there could be some spoilers.
So here it goes: I think Brienne of Tarth is the Azor Ahai. 
Therefore, let’s start with my arguments by going through the prophecy of what Azor Ahai reborn must be, and give each a proof/assumption, along with some aside notes:

1. He shall draw from the fire a burning sword, Lightbringer. 
The sword she holds, Oathkeeper is made of Valyrian steel, once Ned Stark’s sword ICE. Plus, if you remember this book reference about it: “I worked half a hundred spells and brightened the red time and time again, but always the color would darken, as if the blade was drinking the sun from it. And some folds would not take the red at all, as you can see.” So there something mysterious about it, but also it’s partially reddish, like the color of FIRE. And the saga itself is called “The song of ICE and FIRE” so I’m pretty convinced that the Oathkeeper is the Lightbringer. And on top of that, I’m somewhat sure that eventually Brienne will have to kill Jaime. For what reason we don’t yet know; just like Azor Ahai killed his wife Nissa Nissa – the person he loved, and I’m guessing that will be the point when the Lightbringer/Oathkeeper will become a burning sword like it was told in the tales.

2. He shall be born again admits smoke and salt  
For this I am not sure, because I don’t know if the birth refers to actually being born, or some metaphoric meaning of becoming a new person, experiencing transformation. We don’t actually know much about her earlier life, but what I find as a big hint on whose descendant she might be is the shield she found in her father’s storage – a shield with a picture of a tree and a falling star. If you read the ‘prequel book’, “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”, I’m sure you noticed that Ser Duncan the Tall and Brienne are physically very much alike, and that Brienne could be his granddaughter. I am not saying that this proves she has the blood of the dragon; my point is that she, as the ancestor of Duncan, is here for a reason. To correct everything that went wrong since that accident on the tournament some 100 years ago before the ASOIF starts – actually the trial by seven where Baelor Breakspear, who should’ve been the next king (and a very capable one), died. If it hadn’t happened, the kingdom would’ve been ruled by some completely different Targaryen kings. Probably there would be no Aerys The Mad King, Robert’s Rebellion and all the other (unfortunate) events.With Duncan being responsible for this, I think Brienne is here make things right, but on a bigger level, by saving the whole mankind. Some sort of circling the events – Duncan started all that happened in ASIOF, and Brienne will end it. If you get what I mean.
3. He will appear after a long summer, when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world
This one’s pretty obvious, coz we’ve seen in the series and the books that bleeding star in the sky & this is the period after one long summer. This is just pointing out that his (hers) comeback will be anytime soon.

- And there is one more thing that makes me believe Brienne is Azor Ahai, and is not referenced in the books, but the TV show: “Who said anything about HIM?”. And I know this was refered to Daenerys as the Queen, but what if a deeper and hidden meaning was to refer it to anothere female character that is actally very important? 

And just to be clear, I DON’T place Azor Ahai as a new king on the Iron Throne, but as a hero who saved the mankind from White Walkers. Because neither did the original ancient books from Asshai mention anything about him being a Dragon (Targaryen). Citation: “There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him”.

I personally love Jon Snow the most, but him, Daenerys or Tyrion seem a bit of a too obvious pick for Azor Ahai, and I think GRRM had way more unexpected streams of events in his mind, don’t you think?

And I swear all I wrote here is my own theory, not copied from some other forum or group (not that know if anyone had something similar of his own as a theory). And at least what I've found online on my idea wasn't this much detailed

Archived