[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Repercussion

teemo

29 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

want to specify the plot holes and inconsistencies?

why is Cersei queen if she blew up a bunch of nobles in the sept of baelor? king's landing should be on the ground and cersei executed by now. is there any house loyal to her outside of lannister circle?
who warned her about daenerys from essos?
why is jamie still loyal to her when she doesn't answer any of his key questions? does he have personality?
why is everyone from dany's clique wearing black? that's hilarious
so arya killed lord walter before killing all Freys...how did she hide his body? she's like 15 in the tv show, how exactly did she move his body around without anyone seeing?
oh, why everyone in the north chose Ned Stark's bastard as King in the North and not his legitimate daughter? this is from last season but I'm still annoyed that they are listening to him. to them, he's a bastard and the rules of the universe created by GRRM makes me obviously think they wouldn't choose a bastard to rule them.

I thought a girl was Arya Stark and she was going home (to Winterfell). :(

20 minutes ago, Nami said:

why is Cersei queen if she blew up a bunch of nobles in the sept of baelor? king's landing should be on the ground and cersei executed by now. is there any house loyal to her outside of lannister circle?
why is jamie still loyal to her when she doesn't answer any of his key questions? does he have personality?
so arya killed lord walter before killing all Freys...how did she hide his body? she's like 15 in the tv show, how exactly did she move his body around without anyone seeing?
oh, why everyone in the north chose Ned Stark's bastard as King in the North and not his legitimate daughter? this is from last season but I'm still annoyed that they are listening to him. to them, he's a bastard and the rules of the universe created by GRRM makes me obviously think they wouldn't choose a bastard to rule them.

All great points, Nami. Although, I did enjoy Jaime's dialogue, he's not completely stupid. I did not love how sassy Sansa became. I did love the Hound, but how the eff did he suddenly become able to see in the flames? It all went by pretty quickly!

The two things I rolled my eyes hardest at were Sam 'discovering' where dragonglass is and Dany's taking of Dragonstone. Sam even says ' Stannis told me but ...'. But what, dumbass - you didn't believe him? You forgot? You thought he had like one or two pieces? No - That was disclosed to you quite a while ago and you knew it was important information. The plot couldn't make use of that knowledge until right now though, so you get to be the hero who gives that info to Jon. Yay you I iguess.

And Cersei and Jaime know she will be heading for Dragonstone, hell, even if they didn't, they should have secured Dragonstone as soon as possible. It only guards King's Landing from the sea, but I guess there's no rush as your Kingdom is totally and completely at peace. Nope, no enemies to the East, South, West or North, nope. I mean, you do have at least a few ships, right? Right? guess not. Euron (sans crown and looking like a hobo) saves the day for you. You could have asked him to secure Dragonstone for you, you know. That's a good present. I mean apparently it's just sitting there with no one occupying it. All of Stannis Men went with him to the North. and his stewards and cooks and cleaning maids and the children and their nursemaids ...

And if that giant in the opening shot was supposed to be Wun Wun with only one glowing blue eye, I give up.

20 minutes ago, Nami said:

Anyone who knows she did it is either dead or on her side. She's the Queen Mother. Who else would take the throne? Im gonna say no, no one loyal to her left. Just jamie.... For now

they have known about dany for a long time. Joffery asks his grandfather about him. Chick has 3 freaking dragons..... Pretty sure word gets around about something like that.

He' still loyal because he loves her and he, more than anyone knows what shes capable of

she probly just dragged him out of the room. Its not like she needed to pick him up or anything. And there was no one there to see it.

Because he's Ned's son as has proven hisself at this point. as far as Sansa, lady mormont said it, people are worried about where her alligence lies. At least up until now anyway. Also..... Shes a woman and a proper lady. Shes not like brienne or lady mormont. They have not embraced female rulers in westeros yet. Cersi stole the throne. And 20 minutes later she had a marriage proposal.

I've accepted the show and all it's flaws for what it is at this point but let's do this shit. Not a terrible episode by recent standards but some things that were just awful:

Dragonstone just being deserted was absolutely hilarious. 

The Sam stuff was actually difficult to watch, there's only so much shit a man can see. Then the payoff is knowledge he already had. Seven hells.

I didn't hate the Arya/Lannisters scene but there was no subtlety at all. Also Ed Sheeran didn't get brutally murdered. Shame.

Emilia Clarke. Always.

How is anyone loyal to Cersei? 

They have to kill off Arya, but they can't.  She has hit critical mass of popularity and if they kill her off people will hate it.  And if they don't they don't have anywhere to go with it.  She's completely unstoppable.  That opener was such wretched fanservice.  But damn if David Bradley isn't just fucking amazing in everything.

Jesus, shut up Sansa.  Littlefinger's plot to make you Lady Littlefinger has already worked.  All this needed was Jon stomping her down with something like "I hear your voice but it's his words coming out."

Ed Sheeran cameo.  I cannot escape this guy.  I feel like this scene was the best they could possible do to humanize Arya but I bet she's back to killing unnamed Lannisters asap.  Like a 'badass'.

They cut this down to 7 episodes and they still drag scenes out.  That whole scene with the Hound could have ended with Thoros coming out, seeing what he was doing, and picking up a shovel.  

Empty Dragonstone....ffs they could at least have had some Unsullied on the beach and one freaking line about a rag-tag garrison that didn't hold at the sight of real dragons or even a Stannis lieutenant who immediately declared loyalty to the Dragon Queen.

Bad-boy Captain Han Swallow Leatherjacket is just a poor poor substitute for what Euron on screen could have been.

25 minutes ago, King Behind The Wall said:

Wun Wun died at WF, so why his body would be north of the Wall?

Exactly my point.

I thought that was what they were going for showing only one eye glowing, the right one being gone. That's how Wun Wun died. Also, Wun Wun is credited on the IMDB page and I know that's notoriously unreliable, but my gut is telling me that's what the writers wanted to go for. I want to be wrong.

27 minutes ago, Chonte said:

Anyone who knows she did it is either dead or on her side. She's the Queen Mother. Who else would take the throne? Im gonna say no, no one loyal to her left. Just jamie.... For now

they have known about dany for a long time. Joffery asks his grandfather about him. Chick has 3 freaking dragons..... Pretty sure word gets around about something like that.

He' still loyal because he loves her and he, more than anyone knows what shes capable of

she probly just dragged him out of the room. Its not like she needed to pick him up or anything. And there was no one there to see it.

Because he's Ned's son as has proven hisself at this point. as far as Sansa, lady mormont said it, people are worried about where her alligence lies. At least up until now anyway. Also..... Shes a woman and a proper lady. Shes not like brienne or lady mormont. They have not embraced female rulers in westeros yet. Cersi stole the throne. And 20 minutes later she had a marriage proposal.

This is a rant thread and most post on this thread to rant about the show. 

So the only way into Kings Landing is through Blackwater bay. Euron had to sail through the Bay to get to Kingslanding and Danny would have had to sail to just outside the Bay to get to Drangonstone.

Does the Targaryen fleet have him covered? is there just a massive log jam of ships in the bay right now? Is it teleportation at its finest again? Just different time frames? How quick would have all of Eurons ships exited the bay and wouldn't the massive hoards of ships from both parties been seen by either?

1 minute ago, Gertrude said:

Exactly my point.

I thought that was what they were going for showing only one eye glowing, the right one being gone. That's how Wun Wun died. Also, Wun Wun is credited on the IMDB page and I know that's notoriously unreliable, but my gut is telling me that's what the writers wanted to go for. I want to be wrong.

Unless if what they are showing is Bran seeing the future after the WWs breach the Wall. And of course, this would apply only if Jon and Tormund buried Wun Wun.  

16 minutes ago, teej6 said:

This is a rant thread and most post on this thread to rant about the show. 

yeah, but of course he needs to be a hero who runs in here and defends the show because there's nowhere else to go on the internet to praise it...

I never thought a scene in which Arya kills Freys would be so underwhelming and make me feel so indifferent to the whole Stark revenge plotline. I mean even if you turn a blind eye to the illogical and inconsistent plot of how Arya manages to walk around the Twins unnoticed killing and baking Frey pies and then invite all the Frey men pretending to be Walder, the whole scene itself was boring as hell. Trust D&D to turn what should have been a fist pumping moment to a meh moment. 

Archived