[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Repercussion

teemo

What pisses me off is that the quality is just meh, yet the length of the episode is still quite short - we waited an extra 3 months for this, and now 3 fewer episodes, and 4 next year?  D+D = bring me a block.

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

I never thought a scene in which Arya kills Freys would be so underwhelming and make me feel so indifferent to the whole Stark revenge plotline. I mean even if you turn a blind eye to the illogical and inconsistent plot of how Arya manages to walk around the Twins unnoticed killing and baking Frey pies and then invite all the Frey men pretending to be Walder, the whole scene itself was boring as hell. Trust D&D to turn what should have been a fist pumping moment to a meh moment. 

She also forgot to spring Uncle Edmure from prison while killing all his captors.

Again.

1 minute ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

She also forgot to spring Uncle Edmure from prison while killing all his captors.

Again.

Quite true. D&D needs a cheat sheet of the characters and plot they wrote in previous episodes and seasons. I wonder if Edmure will ever again be mentioned or shown on the show. 

4 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Again.

who is Edmund again? (sarcasm)
I don't think anyone who watches the show remembers him

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Really bad writing now that they don't have GRRM's story anymore. It's all so plodding and dull.

I also love how they repeat all those lines from seasons before that were originally written by GRRM

1 hour ago, SerMixalot said:

Sansa lecturing the north on betrayal for siding with HER HUSBAND RAMSEY TO FARKING FUNNY

Sandra was hilarious in this episode. Calling everyone else stupid, too. Funniest moment: Sandra saying Ned didn't protect her. Sandra's got no regrets.

Did we really need to overt reference to the Hound as the "grave digger"? 

I guess the best medical care Jorah could buy is an isolation cell in Old Town. Can't wait to see Sam weigh his organs on the next episode.  

1 minute ago, Howling Mad said:

We are supposed to believe Arya killed the majority of Lord Frey's brood but then left the castle without freeing her uncle Edmure? WTF?

Well, Arya never actually met him, I'm actually okay with the idea that Arya has become so consumed with avenging her dead family members that she actually forgets about her living family members.  That's a valid direction to go, albeit perhaps not a popular one.

I'm just sayin, you know, pay Tobias Menzes his cameo money and tie up the loose end either way.

Or hell, could even have had Cersei and Jaime mention that Edmure Tully got free somehow and has regained control of Riverrun and/or The Riverland now that the Freys have all been whacked, and he's pledged to his niece Sansa and/or cut off our supply line to Casterly Rock.

Wouldn't take long.  It's just crossing a T and dotting an I.

Am I the only one to eyeroll and cringe every time Lyanna Mormont speaks? I mean, my God, I'm already a bit annoyed by the constant need for witty sarcastic comebacks and punchlines in every second scene, but what is the point of this character, other than to be an Internet meme?

I can't believe all the spoilers are real, the level of incompetence, what the hell HBO? 

I like this new side of Jon but he was so arrogant and mean: "And how should I be smarter? By listening to you?" Does he think she’s stupid? And the Cersei comparison.... it seems very out of character for Jon to say that too.

The episode was good but I felt some scenes were too long or maybe even unnecessary. (Sam and The Hound, especially) 

2 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

I can't believe all the spoilers are real, the level of incompetence, what the hell HBO? 

I like this new side of Jon but he was so arrogant and mean: "And how should I be smarter? By listening to you?" Does he think she’s stupid? And the Cersei comparison.... it seems very out of character for Jon to say that too.

The episode was good but I felt some scenes were too long or maybe even unnecessary. (Sam and The Hound, especially) 

Yes, I can't believe the spoilers are true. How could an entire season leak? Also, someone is giving an episode leak every week on FreeFolk. The plot sounds bad. I dread the LF plot. 

5 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

Am I the only one to eyeroll and cringe every time Lyanna Mormont speaks? I mean, my God, I'm already a bit annoyed by the constant need for witty sarcastic comebacks and punchlines in every second scene, but what is the point of this character, other than to be an Internet meme?

Yes, I am tired of that as well. We need Howland Reed not Lyanna Mormont.

9 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

me too. 
first scenes when she appeared were great, she was great, but now the writers became influenced by all the memes/internet shit  that every scene we have of her we also get the other actors staring in awe or just smirking over the amazingness of her lines.

what also bothers me is Brienne's smug ass face. she's so unlikable. I can't stand the scenes with her and Pod because she's always so mean to him for no reason.

1. Euron is at King's Landing with a thousand ships. I would think the maddest Greyjoy might have just sacked the largest city of Westeros.

2. Sansa calling Ned & Robb stupid. She got her father killed(books). Had she escaped with the Hound during the Battle of Blackwater, things might have been different. Robb was fighting a war to rescue her. He got killed by betrayal, same as Jon. Have some respect.

Sansa(after Oxcross): "Your grace, whatever my traitor brother had done, I had no part. You know that. I beg you, please.."

And now she wants to punish the Umber & Karstark children. The worst part, she tries to compare Jon with Joffrey. Sansa has become my least favorite Stark with that.

3. Samwell Tarly has hit a new low by being an idiot and not telling Jon about obsidian at Dragonstone.

Archived