[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

The cold open was great and a nice payback scene since we get so few moments like that one.

I also loved the Hound's scene - he brought so much humanity to this story. I love his dialogue and comments to Thoros and Beric.

I enjoyed the conflict with Jon and Sansa and that it was still with respect and love toward one another.

The white walkers and the dead walking forward in the mist. That was amazing.

Dolorous Edd - he just makes me smile.

Euron Greyjoy - he was fun.

I loved the throw back to season 4 with Araya & the Hound with the father & Daughter.  For me that was the complete transformation of the Hound.  It started when he saw what they did to Rob & Greywind.  He truly became Araya's protector then.   And How this little girl could have been Araya without the right protection.   I loved how as soon as they road up to the place, he knew what it was and who lived there.   Also, loved how he gave them a burial( maybe he & the brotherhood should have burned them instead). 

Also, Araya AKA Walder Frey.  The throw back to the book.  The Soup AKA wine. 

Lyana Mormont, what else is there to say.  Love Her.

Tourmond, want to get whipped by Brienne.

I gave the Episode 8/10

Aryas face looking like a dark angel, directly after she removes the mask

Eurons abruptly dancing between being a negotiator, a madmen and a warrior

The floor map of Westeros

The whole Hound scene. Although I always hoped farmer and daughter would survive the show

Missandei holding Greyworm back as Danaerys enters the Throne room

Edd at the Gate

11 hours ago, Panther2000 said:

I loved the throw back to season 4 with Araya & the Hound with the father & Daughter.  For me that was the complete transformation of the Hound.  It started when he saw what they did to Rob & Greywind.  He truly became Araya's protector then.   And How this little girl could have been Araya without the right protection.   I loved how as soon as they road up to the place, he knew what it was and who lived there.   Also, loved how he gave them a burial( maybe he & the brotherhood should have burned them instead). 

Also, Araya AKA Walder Frey.  The throw back to the book.  The Soup AKA wine. 

Lyana Mormont, what else is there to say.  Love Her.

Tourmond, want to get whipped by Brienne.

I gave the Episode 8/10

Who is Araya? I don't seem to recall there being a character by that name in the show.

34 minutes ago, King Behind The Wall said:

As far as i remember, this is for the first time since season 1 the phrase "Long Night" was mentioned. Old Nan mentioned it to Bran and i don't think anyone else mentioned it in later seasons. Correct me if i am wrong.

Finally we have Arbor Gold on the show. Better late than never.

Jon Snow mentioned the Long Night at Hardhome. Also, in the Battle of the Bastards episode, discussing Mance, Tormund says, "I thought he was the man to lead us through the Long Night. But I was wrong." Melisandre may have mentioned it to Stannis, too, on their march to Winterfell, but I may be wrong about that one.

This episode had a lot of great moments thats for sure! Although laid back and chill still viewer pleasing IMO.

Arya taking the revenge against the Freys to the next level. Also seeing Arya just sitting around and being a normal person and having a normal conversation with a group of people. 

Seeing Jon and Sansa disagreeing but also still supporting and admiring each other.

Brienne and Tormund.... always get some good chuckles in those moments.

Euron!! Very into him, probably going to be my favourite villain yet. "Two good hands"

Hound moments were so good, he is in the process of trying to turn his life around (as much as he possibly could), it seems like he's trying to be a part of something instead of just living for himself. I think him facing some actual evidence of the consequences of his actions on top of having  a "religious experience" are going to help him in his journey. 

Of course, seeing Dany finally reach Westeros!

Can't wait for next Sunday!

The fact that Jaime drew attention to the fact that Cersei has no political support or food supplies or really anything that would make her last on the throne. 

Euron's rock star design. Fits the character so much more than that ridiculous Theon replica look he had last season. And if Cersei is wearing floor length leather jacket, why can't he be a rockstar? 

Arya and Ed Sheeran scene. I loved everything about that. 

Tormund leering at Brienne. That was the one thing that made me laugh in a positive sense. Love Tormund. 

That's about it. 

I also wanted to like the Hound's grave digger scene but it was so damn dark I just thought about how pissed I am that it's so damn dark. 

And I also started liking the Sam's Citadel Internship montage but it was too long and the length of the snaps were not well proportioned. So it kinda made my eyes twitch after a while. 

So those were good scenes too. 

Archived