Hands of Gold

Gertrude

Yeah, I've seen wisps of mentions about his cameo online, but I didn't know it'd be this episode. Very pleasant surprise. That whole scene was great. And here's hoping Ed Sheeran & HBO will put a full version of the song out. HBO would be crazy to not do that. And if they are crazy, maybe Ed will at least do a live version that'll make it online.

I've heard Ed Sheeren is appearing on GoT this season.

Does anyone know which character, and which episode(s)?

Was he on last night?

Oh, was he the character who sang that song last night?  That would make sense.  He must have been sitting around the fire then, too, right?  Which character was he?

20 hours ago, anjulibai said:

BTW, my understanding was that that song was actually written about Tywin Lannister, but obviously it had a lot of meaning for Tyrion. 

OK Who the main person on the show with a Gold Hand. Jaime "Fookin" Lannister. That song was Foreshadowing his murder by Arya Stark

Don't even know who Ed Sheeran is. Can anyone explain what all the hype is?

2 hours ago, jorywea said:

OK Who the main person on the show with a Gold Hand. Jaime "Fookin" Lannister. That song was Foreshadowing his murder by Arya Stark

Can you stop posting spoilers in every thread you visit?

13 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Don't even know who Ed Sheeran is. Can anyone explain what all the hype is?

Can you stop posting spoilers in every thread you visit?

How's this a spoiler, its a speculation if anything - leaks are now confirmed to be true and nothing of Jaime's death by Arya is there.

As for Ed Sheeran, cmon, I'm not the fan of the guy and have heard of him. Maybe its mainly a British obsession, but the ginger guy with a guitar and a good voice? Give me Love? Kiss me? His songs hit the top of the charts back in the day and if im not mistaken he relased another album a few months ago

I didn't mind his cameo and thought all of the Lannister soldiers were well cast.  It would have been annoying if he had more lines, it seemed natural.  Here's hoping crazy Arya learned something about their humanity from them and didn't just murder them in their sleep after having her fill of blackberry wine.

8 hours ago, foxberlin said:

This. And it foreshadowes that Jaime leaves Cersei for Brienne, who is the last we see before it cuts to the Lannister camp.

I had not payed attention to this detail....thanks!

Archived