The vision in the flames (SPOILERS)

Mihai Brasoveanu

On 7/18/2017 at 4:14 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Lmfao my thoughts exactly.  I was almost expecting Sandor to say something like "I'm just kidding you guillible cunts" to Beric and Thoros at the end of that scene.

That would have been better than the chicken!  

On 7/18/2017 at 6:39 PM, Dornish Hen said:

Cornivus, I think you're on to something when thinking the mountain shaped like an arrowhead is Dragonstone. In the scene following The Hound's vision, Sam discovers the page with sketches of the dragon glass arrowheads and then sees the map.  That's when he puts two and two together (even though Stannis already told him) that there's a mountain made of dragonglass on Dragonstone. I could be reading more into it than I'm supposed to. I've been known to do that. 

Delurking to comment on this.  I am inclined to think the mountain is Dragonstone as well.  The Hound says "There's a mountain, looks like an arrow head. The dead are marching pastThousands of them!"

The dead are marching PAST Dragonstone because they can't go there.  They are heading for King's Landing- perhaps for a final battle in the South?  This could fulfill part of the prophecy Dany has in her vision in the HOTU with snow falling on KL and the place in ruins (especially if dragons and/or wildfire are involved in the battle).  

As mentioned in the above quote, there are just too many references to Dragonstone in this episode and the GOT writers love to connect scenes with visual clues in this way. 

On 7/17/2017 at 6:09 AM, Khal Varys said:

I agree that there is a sense of cheese with that, but Stannis also saw a vision too, so I think the intent is to show that someone associated with R'hllor is getting visions associated with the Great Other.  Also serves as a device for any conversion on Sandor's part, or even merely him having more respect for the religion.  

I loved all that cheese, lol. I liked Dondarrion inthe books, but if the Hound takes over his role, I'm cool with that. 

Sandor says, "Ice... a wall of ice....The Wall.....where The Wall meets the sea... there's a castle there.... (sparks fly) ...there's a mountain, shaped like an arrowhead. The dead are marching past. Thousands of them."

It doesn't really matter where the mountain is.

It matters that Bran took the charm off The Wall the moment he went inside Castle Black.

On 7/17/2017 at 2:35 AM, Mihai Brasoveanu said:

How about the vision Clegane had in the flames?

"Ice. A wall of Ice. The Wall. 
It's where the Wall meets the Sea. There's a castle there.
There's a mountain, looks like an arrow head. The dead are marching past.
Thousands of them!"

The castle is Eastwatch-by-the-sea, but what mountain shaped like an arrowhead is he seeing?

I think this also settles the Wun-Wun zombie part. What Bran was seeing is what happens after the Walkers get past the wall.

I would think he would have burned wun wun's corpse. It's the wildling way

On 7/18/2017 at 4:14 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Lmfao my thoughts exactly.  I was almost expecting Sandor to say something like "I'm just kidding you guillible cunts" to Beric and Thoros at the end of that scene.

I was expecting that the whole time and was even holding back a laugh. When it didn't happen I was like "wait what"?

On 20-7-2017 at 7:41 PM, Domina89 said:

Delurking to comment on this.  I am inclined to think the mountain is Dragonstone as well.  The Hound says "There's a mountain, looks like an arrow head. The dead are marching pastThousands of them!"

The dead are marching PAST Dragonstone because they can't go there.  They are heading for King's Landing- perhaps for a final battle in the South?  This could fulfill part of the prophecy Dany has in her vision in the HOTU with snow falling on KL and the place in ruins (especially if dragons and/or wildfire are involved in the battle).  

As mentioned in the above quote, there are just too many references to Dragonstone in this episode and the GOT writers love to connect scenes with visual clues in this way. 

If the dead are marching past Dragonstone, that will imply that Jon is defeated at the wall. Don't think that will happen. A battle between White Walkers and men will be fought in the North.

I don't think it's impossible that the White Walkers get to central/southern Westeros - I'm kind of hoping they do - but I'm not sure that any visions in the flames are ever visions of the future. I think what happens is people from the red faith sometimes misinterpret what the 3 eyed raven or the weirnet is seeing as being the future.

Archived