Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

9 minutes ago, Eli Stark said:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/543423.html

Nope.  He has posted about his event at his theater.  It wasn't tagged ASOIAF.  Comments are off for this new post as well.  Is he trying to avoid people asking about last week's post maybe?

I think the fact that he disabled the comments was telling. Unless he wants no show discussion there, which is not unusual. 

11 minutes ago, divica said:

you destroid the hopes of several people...

edit: even the post about selling dunk and egg in germany has the comments blocked

I meant it in a hopeful way.  I am skeptically on the hype train.  I just figure that GRRM has to know people are wondering what the hell last week's post meant and are going to start asking him though comments on all of his other posts (old and new), so he is simply shutting down lines of communication to avoid being bombarded with questions by us desperate people.

32 minutes ago, Eli Stark said:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/543423.html

Nope.  He has posted about his event at his theater.  It wasn't tagged ASOIAF.  Comments are off for this new post as well.  Is he trying to avoid people asking about last week's post maybe?

This is bizarre.he has to be close, otherwise he would have quelched this by now.(like he did during the yr of the false winter, 2014) He knows there's hype, otherwise why lock out the comments??

Unless hes just being a complete dick, lol, But i dont think thats the case. What else cold it by, at this point?

8 minutes ago, edd tollett:( said:

This is bizarre.he has to be close, otherwise he would have quelched this by now.(like he did during the yr of the false winter, 2014) He knows there's hype, otherwise why lock out the comments??

Unless hes just being a complete dick, lol, But i dont think thats the case. What else cold it by, at this point?

He heard there was an Edd Tollett getting hyped and optimistic somewhere and now he's just trolling you.  Just keeps shorting you on those worms.

51 minutes ago, Eli Stark said:

He heard there was an Edd Tollett getting hyped and optimistic somewhere and now he's just trolling you.  Just keeps shorting you on those worms.

Lol, you may be right. Honestly i wasnt that hyped at all, at the beginning, as is my nature, but the longer this goes....

I might need to change my name from dour, to melancholy,  lol(is that even an improvement, idk?)

29 minutes ago, divica said:

so after making several post after this enigmatic post is there hope or was it a red herring?

Well the fact that the comments to all his posts (from livejournal) are still turned off, and he hasnt addressed the cryptic post yet, gives me hope!

Plus his last to moods, since his 'enigmatic' mood, have been 'busy' and 'giggly' he seems to be having fun, which is another good sign, imo,  but what do i know 

29 minutes ago, divica said:

so after making several post after this enigmatic post is there hope or was it a red herring?

Well the fact that the comments to all his posts (from livejournal) are still turned off, and he hasnt addressed the cryptic post yet, gives me hope!

Plus his last to moods, since his 'enigmatic' mood, have been 'busy' and 'giggly' he seems to be having fun, which is another good sign, imo,  but what do i know 

13 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It's a troll post imo. Enigmatic means "mysterious" so my guess is he wants to keep us guessing.

Does he do that when he is bored?

I mean if he wanted to finish the book 17 months ago I think that it can be finished at any moment.

Not sure what to make of it now. Kind of expected it to be explained one way or the other before or after the show premier. Just have to wait and see for an explanation, I think it will mean something though.

The fact that George has disabled comments on his posts but hasn't said anything to deter the hype is a good sign, in my opinion. Other times he's come out and directly dispelled rumors about TWOW (he even responded to the report that watching the trailer for TFA inspired him to write more lol).

Does anyone know why the other thread was deleted? 

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

The fact that George has disabled comments on his posts but hasn't said anything to deter the hype is a good sign, in my opinion. Other times he's come out and directly dispelled rumors about TWOW (he even responded to the report that watching the trailer for TFA inspired him to write more lol).

Does anyone know why the other thread was deleted? 

Too many references to That Which Cannot Be Posted About.

3 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

Too many references to That Which Cannot Be Posted About.

I know we're not suppose to talk about the high priced fan fic, but what else is taboo? If you can allude to it with out getting in trouble, thx

1 hour ago, Valyirian Aurochs said:

I am still hopeful, though I began to read ASOIAF in 2015, so I never experienced the 12 days of doom in the year of the false winter.

Ah, you sweet summer child....

To give you a brief summary, grrm, or more like his minions, were doing a cheesy little 12 days of x mass thing with each day haveing asoiaf themed verse, each day.

I forget what it was actually promoting, if anything, but of course a lot of ppl thought for sure they were clues pointing to the imminent release date of 'Winds' being announced 

But grrm quelched it after like the 3rd or fouth day (iirc) so imo, he has to know we're going stir crazy right now. That along with the comments being disabled across the board gives me hope!

Archived