Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

I think Martin has made a miscalculation. Even with my dry sense of humor I can find nothing comical about that post. I have been rather subdued in my comments lately because I have a lot of negative thoughts rattling around in my mind.

As to the upcoming conventions, he will attend the convention in Helsinki in August which will be followed up a week later with a convention in Russia. Great trips and interesting adventures.

Whether that blog post was about WoW, or something else I’m giving him thumbs down. I find this whole thing rather bizarre. IMHO lately the threads on the book forum are rather bizarre.

I’m glad someone finally picked up on the different tags Martin uses --- a song of ice and fire is not the same as --- song of ice and fire. BTW those tags are clickable iffin you are interested.  A person can even scroll over the greyjoy icon and click on the grrm photo which brings up his many user pics with keywords.

He seems to be an open and straightforward person. I’m still giving him thumbs down. If a person were to read through the below link who knows what they could come up with.

Dragon Time which also clickable.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/198122.html

58 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I think Martin has made a miscalculation. Even with my dry sense of humor I can find nothing comical about that post. I have been rather subdued in my comments lately because I have a lot of negative thoughts rattling around in my mind.

As to the upcoming conventions, he will attend the convention in Helsinki in August which will be followed up a week later with a convention in Russia. Great trips and interesting adventures.

Whether that blog post was about WoW, or something else I’m giving him thumbs down. I find this whole thing rather bizarre. IMHO lately the threads on the book forum are rather bizarre.

I’m glad someone finally picked up on the different tags Martin uses --- a song of ice and fire is not the same as --- song of ice and fire. BTW those tags are clickable iffin you are interested.  A person can even scroll over the greyjoy icon and click on the grrm photo which brings up his many user pics with keywords.

He seems to be an open and straightforward person. I’m still giving him thumbs down. If a person were to read through the below link who knows what they could come up with.

44 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Maybe Putin put him up to this.  Let me check CNN.

8 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

:lmao:

LOL  I'm glad I checked up on this thread.  Time to check CNN, too, I guess.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Could you please explain the difference in the tags? I couldn't find it in this thread.

In the blog,

"a song of ice and fire" showed posts about the tv show, the books, TWoW progress etc.

"song of ice and fire" showed posts about the books, ants named after characetrs, sample chapters etc.

Sometimes he uses both tags. What's the difference and what does it tell us about the "alas, valyria" post?

6 minutes ago, Ser Greg of House House said:

Could you please explain the difference in the tags? I couldn't find it in this thread.

In the blog,

"a song of ice and fire" showed posts about the tv show, the books, TWoW progress etc.

"song of ice and fire" showed posts about the books, ants named after characetrs, sample chapters etc.

Sometimes he uses both tags. What's the difference and what does it tell us about the "alas, valyria" post?

Sorry sadly I am not well versed to give a show and tell.

People have been saying the tag is a song of ice and fire. The tag is song of ice and fire. You will need to look at Martin's blog. He seems to use different tags for different subjects. If you look at the Alas post you will see that he used song of ice and fire not a song of ice and fire.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why he uses different tags. Did you by any chance click the song of ice and fire tag in his Alas post? Did you read three pages of his blog and arrive at Dragon Time.

.. shite... look on the side of his blog and read the multiple tags. Click and see if you can find the difference.

13 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

He is obviously going to make an announcement in Helsinki about TWOW.  He will tell everyone there that he is Finnish.

I czecked into this and I think you are correct. There is norway he cannot address these rumors. 

Archived