Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I must be a lot stupider than I thought b/c I [still] have no idea why he used the song of ice and fire tag and the enigmatic mood... :dunce:

I still don't think that the post was meaningless. The end must be near for him. He must have reached some critical point, or came up with some big idea that'll help him with the book. He said he's months away and I (cautiously) believe him.

Just now, PCK said:

Has he even started Fire & Blood yet? I'm not sure what to make of his last sentence or two either. Does he think he'll really be done next year or not?

He said the first of two volumes of Fire and Blood (Aegon I through Aegon III) is largely written, so it probably doesn't require much more work.

Just now, Bael's Bastard said:

He said the first of two volumes of Fire and Blood (Aegon I through Aegon III) is largely written, so it probably doesn't require much more work.

Is that going to tell, rather than show, like Rogue Prince and Princess & The Queen did?

At this point, he should consider just releasing chapters individually on iTunes, Amazon etc. He'd make more money and we'd get more of the story. The story clearly became too broad. The first three books focused on the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, and the last Targaryen. 4 & 5 are about Starks, Lannisters, the last Baratheons, the last Targaryens, the Tyrells, the Martells, the Greyjoys, Brienne, and now Aegon & the Golden Company.

23 minutes ago, PCK said:

At this point, he should consider just releasing chapters individually on iTunes, Amazon etc. He'd make more money and we'd get more of the story. The story clearly became too broad. The first three books focused on the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, and the last Targaryen. 4 & 5 are about Starks, Lannisters, the last Baratheons, the last Targaryens, the Tyrells, the Martells, the Greyjoys, Brienne, and now Aegon & the Golden Company.

I have long thought that would be cool. Maybe a chapter in every other issue of Azimov's Science Fiction. 

2 hours ago, Valyirian Aurochs said:

I still don't think that the post was meaningless. The end must be near for him. He must have reached some critical point, or came up with some big idea that'll help him with the book. He said he's months away and I (cautiously) believe him.

For the record, he has been in "months away" mode since May 2015

honnestly, I am desapointed. I have no idea why he did the post...

And he is seriously writing fire and blood instead of finishing asoif? I could understand him taking a lot of time to write a book, but him deciding to write other books while he is super late to release winds?

I can only imagine how his publisher must feel... by his comments his objective was to end the book by 2015, they appointed several dates for him to delliver the manuscript and nearly 2 years later he his still saying he is months away?

for some reason I'm always positive with winds but I'm getting a little tired. I thought it would be released this Christmas. Now I think what if it is in the first months of 2018? But then that's the most positive interpretation. If Fire ends up being written first....then he said the other, winds, would be very unlikely released the samr year. So 2018 or 2019 now. And all that depends on Fire and Blood. I don't understand why it ahould be released first. I think he could write it, but finish it before Winds? Pf..... I started this series after watching GOT until its forth season....and thought that I could read all or almost all the books before continuing watching the show. Thr only books I read before watching the show were feast and Dance and the adaptation turn out to be unsatisfying for me. I thought i could read Winds at least before season 8. Now it's not that clear

3 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I'm excited for Fire and Blood, but does that mean this is what "Alas, Valyria" was referring to? 

I dont think we will ever know what that was about...

maybe grrm was bored and wanted to know if we were paying atention...

Archived