EPISODE 2 Predictions

Gomagoti

let rip...

mine are

1) Dany politics sitting on the throne in Dragonstone. With who?

2)Euron attacks Olenna

3)we will see more unwanted, unfortunate, cringeworthy Dorne scenes. Probably with Olenna +-/ Euron involved.

4) More nothingness from Sansa, still no answers about Littlefinger. Jon travelling-to Dragonstone?

5)Hopefully something of substance from Bran

6)Sam finds something more worthy in the restricted section

I think Euron will attack Yara and Theon or set a trap for them.

Spoiler

Yara really wants to sail for KL in the promo and that can't end well.

Plus, High Garden doesn't have a coast, Euron would have to sail up a river and is that strategically and logistically wise? 

I would also like to see Olenna interact with Daenerys before she dies. 

Spoiler

What I really want to see though is Varys and Daenerys interacting and find out what LF says to Jon in the crypts. 

Question: does the episode promo count as "spoiler"? I really don't think it does, but one never knows what ones is allowed to say these days.  

3 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Yeah im thinking Euron is taking out Yara and Dorne. Episode 3 mentions that Cersei returns a gift, so she'll most likely get Ellaria and such this episode and will send their bones back to Dany in episode 3.

This will be very satisfying.

31 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Indeed, vengeance for the worst line in the history of the series....oh and for Myrcella but that's whatever.

I knew I was forgetting something! 

I suppose Euron also reads The Westeros Times and knows that Ellaria death kissed myrcella, someone massacred the Freys and Jon was named king in the North. Or he has Littlefinger's twin on his head ship who is actually doing some work unlike his twin.  

Well, the following has been announced by D&D about Episode 2.

Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros.

So we can speculate from there:

1. Euron will attack dragonstone, leading to the sea battle with Yara en Theon. He will capture Yara and Ellaria and bring them back to KL in Ep 3;
  2. Littlefinger will try to get some unsatisfied Northernmen (helped with the squabble between Sansa and Jon in Ep1) to revolt. Jon will stop them and possibly unmask LF for the traitorous MF he is....
  3. Dany and Tyrion discussing what to do, where to strike first. Tyrion will want to strike a major blow to Cersei, so he will explain that their forces need to be split up. The Dothraki to attack Reach to conquer it entirely. Unsullied to attack Casterly Rock and conquer the Westerlands. He will want to make sure he can weaken Cersei's position as quickly as possible. They already have the support of (part of) the Reach and Dorne, and know that the Vale and the North do not support Cersei. Isolate the Crownlands, make sure no food or money can be transported to the Crownlands. They will be starving and broke in no time whatsoever.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I knew I was forgetting something! 

I suppose Euron also reads The Westeros Times and knows that Ellaria death kissed myrcella, someone massacred the Freys and Jon was named king in the North. Or he has Littlefinger's twin on his head ship who is actually doing some work unlike his twin.  

He has two executive producers on his side, who tossed out narrative for drama.

13 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Dany and Tyrion discussing what to do, where to strike first. Tyrion will want to strike a major blow to Cersei, so he will explain that their forces need to be split up. The Dothraki to attack Reach to conquer it entirely. Unsullied to attack Casterly Rock and conquer the Westerlands. He will want to make sure he can weaken Cersei's position as quickly as possible. They already have the support of (part of) the Reach and Dorne, and know that the Vale and the North do not support Cersei. Isolate the Crownlands, make sure no food or money can be transported to the Crownlands. They will be starving and broke in no time whatsoever.

That's a terrible plan, so it's almost definitely going to happen that way.

12 minutes ago, Regular John Umber said:

And why is that terrible exactly?
Leave enough defences to keep Dragonstone safe, send the unsullied by ship to the Westerlands, and have the Dothraki use the Riverlands (which is pretty much an undefenseless wasteland) to bring the Lannister-loyal Reach bannerman down.
In a couple of blows, the Crownlands can receive no more food, no gold to pay for their debt to the IB.
Tyrion knows how hard it is to take Kingslanding by storm, after all, he defended it a couple of seasons ago, a direct attack will be pointless.

3 hours ago, Jayc said:

The wolf in the promo is not Ghost. Nymeria?

I know the CGI cost couldn't support it, but Arya and Nymeria the head of a wolf army would be off the charts freaking awesome.

Yeah, that must be Nymeria. But did you see how Nymeria Growled? Was she growling to Arya for not recognizing her because of the "No One" thing, or she was saving Arya from something?

8 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Yeah im thinking Euron is taking out Yara and Dorne. Episode 3 mentions that Cersei returns a gift, so she'll most likely get Ellaria and such this episode and will send their bones back to Dany in episode 3.

One thing is almost certain: Tyrion, Ellaria and Olenna. One of them must be the gift! XD 

7 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Well, the following has been announced by D&D about Episode 2.

Reveal hidden contents

Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros.

So we can speculate from there:

1. Euron will attack dragonstone, leading to the sea battle with Yara en Theon. He will capture Yara and Ellaria and bring them back to KL in Ep 3;
  2. Littlefinger will try to get some unsatisfied Northernmen (helped with the squabble between Sansa and Jon in Ep1) to revolt. Jon will stop them and possibly unmask LF for the traitorous MF he is....
  3. Dany and Tyrion discussing what to do, where to strike first. Tyrion will want to strike a major blow to Cersei, so he will explain that their forces need to be split up. The Dothraki to attack Reach to conquer it entirely. Unsullied to attack Casterly Rock and conquer the Westerlands. He will want to make sure he can weaken Cersei's position as quickly as possible. They already have the support of (part of) the Reach and Dorne, and know that the Vale and the North do not support Cersei. Isolate the Crownlands, make sure no food or money can be transported to the Crownlands. They will be starving and broke in no time whatsoever.

Daenerys has a huge advantage in this story. I think Euron will accomplish something bigger to help Cersei catch up with Daenerys.

1 hour ago, Becken452 said:

Yeah, that must be Nymeria. But did you see how Nymeria Growled? Was she growling to Arya for not recognizing her because of the "No One" thing, or she was saving Arya from something?

i think nymeria isnt growling at arya, but at her present company,. she and her wolf pack have been wrecking havok among the lannister and freys.. 

8 hours ago, Regular John Umber said:

Yep, I was going to say that.

8 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

And why is that terrible exactly?
Leave enough defences to keep Dragonstone safe, send the unsullied by ship to the Westerlands, and have the Dothraki use the Riverlands (which is pretty much an undefenseless wasteland) to bring the Lannister-loyal Reach bannerman down.
In a couple of blows, the Crownlands can receive no more food, no gold to pay for their debt to the IB.
Tyrion knows how hard it is to take Kingslanding by storm, after all, he defended it a couple of seasons ago, a direct attack will be pointless.

It is terrible because this plan is a logistical nightmare, but since the show never cared about that, it will very likely happen that way. Send the Unsullied by ship to Casterly Rock? That would mean circumventing the continent. I'm sure the Lannisters will have no time to prepare. Not to mention that this plan completely dis-considers Euron's fleet. I would think that with Varys at her side, Dany has as much info about the going on's in KL, as Cersei apparently has about Dany.

And King's Landing is not that hard to take. The Red Keep itself may be difficult, but the city has a long perimeter that needs to be defended, so the garrison would have to be sizable.  Stannis was arrogant, and it was really Tywin and the Tyrells that brought that victory. Tyrion just managed to hold out long enough. But Dany has a much larger army, and I would think Tyrion would advise her on how best to assault the city, rather than say what you think he will say.

I would agree with using the Dothraki to attack the Riverlands and Reach... if Dany was Ramsay or Joffrey. But Dany decided to stay in Meereen way back when because she wanted to learn to rule, and be a good ruler. I would think letting loose the Dothraki on a land that has already suffered much to be a poor start to her reign. 

But of course, the trailers have shown one battle between Unsullied and Lannister forces that looks to happen at Casterly Rock, Lannisport or King's Landing. And another between Lannisters and Dothraki (and dragons) in the open field, so my guess is that whatever plan they come up with will involve a ruse, maybe attack Casterly Rock (by land) with Unsullied, then when Jaime leads an army from KL to help, the Dothraki catch him in the open.

3 hours ago, Becken452 said:

One thing is almost certain: Tyrion, Ellaria and Olenna. One of them must be the gift! XD 

It's nothing "almost", it's been confirmed that it will be Ellaria. Olenna and Tyrion will not be part of it.

In the official episode description, it says that "Daenerys receives an unexpected visitor." I doubt that this is Jon just yet. According to the preview, it seems that Jon is just finding out about Daenerys at Dragonstone (Bronze Yohn saying a Targaryen can't be trusted). It's possible that Jon receives Sam's letter and decides to travel to Dragonstone to ask Dany for help. But even if Jon asks LF for his jetpack, I don't see him leaving Winterfell and arriving in Dragonstone in the same episode.

With all that being said, I believe the unexpected visitor will be Melisandre. 1) She's headed south already. 2) Finding "fire made flesh" (i.e. Dany's dragons) seems like a logical thing for her to do. 3) Dany is at Dragonstone where Stannis used to be. It would also make for an interesting reunion when Jon and Davos show up there (most likely in 703).

Arya/Nymeria reunion!!!!!! PLEASE. I think the promo showed one of her packmates.  It looked a little too small to be a direwolf. But, I really hope in some way that Nymeria senses Arya's presence, or Arya follows the wolf and is led to Nymeria.  Can you imagine those two together??? Especially if D&D follow GRRM's story.

Archived