EPISODE 2 Predictions

Gomagoti

On 7/18/2017 at 5:16 PM, Petyr Targaryen said:

In the official episode description, it says that "Daenerys receives an unexpected visitor." I doubt that this is Jon just yet. According to the preview, it seems that Jon is just finding out about Daenerys at Dragonstone (Bronze Yohn saying a Targaryen can't be trusted). It's possible that Jon receives Sam's letter and decides to travel to Dragonstone to ask Dany for help. But even if Jon asks LF for his jetpack, I don't see him leaving Winterfell and arriving in Dragonstone in the same episode.

With all that being said, I believe the unexpected visitor will be Melisandre. 1) She's headed south already. 2) Finding "fire made flesh" (i.e. Dany's dragons) seems like a logical thing for her to do. 3) Dany is at Dragonstone where Stannis used to be. It would also make for an interesting reunion when Jon and Davos show up there (most likely in 703).

Agreed. I think that will be the revolt that Jon faces. You gotta remember that the last Targaryan monarch murdered Rickard and Brandon Stark, and they think that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. Jon will receive a raven from Sam, and then announce he's going to ally with Danaerys and get in on that mountain o' dragonglass (and dragons!) to defeat the White Walkers - and his bannermen (and the Vale lords), will not be keen on the idea. 

Really not sure about the visitor, though Melisandre does seem to be a good bet, and I agree it would make for an interesting dynamic once Jon and Davos arrive.

3 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Maybe not all the Reach Lords sided with the Tyrells? Hoping to get rewarded by Cersei if she wins? I thought I heard rumors that

Reveal hidden contents

Randyll Tarly would side with Cersei but I have a feeling all he's gonna be doing is trying to get his sword back from Sam.

While all that is true, it has to play out first before invading the Reach would be a sensible option. For the moment, Dany has no reason but to believe that all the houses of the Reach are her allies.

Possible spoilers as these are educated guesses I've gathered from the Trailers, Heavy foreshadowing on Episode 1, and the  Episode 2 Clips from HBO.

• As a newly arrived monarch. Dany will likely gather all her allies (small counsel).
  • From the clips and trailers I'd say Dany's unexpected guest will be Melisandra who will likely flip flop on Jon being Azor Ahai or the PTWP.
  • If it is Mel visiting Dany she'll also advocate the threat of the others in the north, likely Tyrion will speak for Jon being good people.
  • Jon will receive the raven from Sam about the dragonglass, setting up a sooner than later meeting between Jon and Dany. 
  • With all the "who are our allies" foreshadowing from Jaime Lannister, I'd guess that we may see who their allies are (someone pledged to Highgarden being that they talked about their grains, etc...).
  • In the likelihood that Jon will go to Dragonstone soon, perhaps this episode is where he yokes up Littlefinger in the crypts...
  • Arya was on her way to Kings Landing; however, surely she'll hear about Jon being KITN and head to Winterfell.
  • The boat battle has to be this episode due to its name "Stormborn", I'd bet Theon does some white livered act and causes them lose.
  • We haven't seen Qyburn yet, I imagine he has something up his sleeve.

On 18/07/2017 at 5:22 PM, VenezuelanLord said:

i think nymeria isnt growling at arya, but at her present company,. she and her wolf pack have been wrecking havok among the lannister and freys.. 

I guess that one from the trailer may not be Nymeria. Maybe that is just a regular wolf from her pack that's threatening Arya, and Nymeria will appear and save Arya by ordering this one to step out. 

9 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

Perhaps Jon recieves a raven from Sam and Dragonstone at the same time?

If Mel flip flops then Jon is Azhor Ahai hands down in my opinion. 

Perhaps he does, I wonder if Sam has officially learned that Jon isn't Lord Commander of the NW (Forward Ravens to Winterfell :D).

I believe Jon was always meant to be Azor Ahai due to the "hidden prince" story arc.

16 hours ago, Ez Ahai said:

Possible spoilers as these are educated guesses I've gathered from the Trailers, Heavy foreshadowing on Episode 1, and the  Episode 2 Clips from HBO.

• As a newly arrived monarch. Dany will likely gather all her allies (small counsel).
  • From the clips and trailers I'd say Dany's unexpected guest will be Melisandra who will likely flip flop on Jon being Azor Ahai or the PTWP.
  • If it is Mel visiting Dany she'll also advocate the threat of the others in the north, likely Tyrion will speak for Jon being good people.
  • Jon will receive the raven from Sam about the dragonglass, setting up a sooner than later meeting between Jon and Dany. 
  • With all the "who are our allies" foreshadowing from Jaime Lannister, I'd guess that we may see who their allies are (someone pledged to Highgarden being that they talked about their grains, etc...).
  • In the likelihood that Jon will go to Dragonstone soon, perhaps this episode is where he yokes up Littlefinger in the crypts...
  • Arya was on her way to Kings Landing; however, surely she'll hear about Jon being KITN and head to Winterfell.
  • The boat battle has to be this episode due to its name "Stormborn", I'd bet Theon does some white livered act and causes them lose.
  • We haven't seen Qyburn yet, I imagine he has something up his sleeve.

I liked all of this but the Theon bit

On 7/18/2017 at 6:21 PM, fire&blood said:

Arya/Nymeria reunion!!!!!! PLEASE. I think the promo showed one of her packmates.  It looked a little too small to be a direwolf. But, I really hope in some way that Nymeria senses Arya's presence, or Arya follows the wolf and is led to Nymeria.  Can you imagine those two together??? Especially if D&D follow GRRM's story.

It's got to be Nymeria! We've been waiting years for her return :) She's also probably ready to avenge her siblings' deaths! 

On 7/19/2017 at 11:17 PM, Short Claw said:

While all that is true, it has to play out first before invading the Reach would be a sensible option. For the moment, Dany has no reason but to believe that all the houses of the Reach are her allies.

UGh Randyll is such a scumbag! I wonder if Sam will end up killing him. 

16 hours ago, Ez Ahai said:

Perhaps he does, I wonder if Sam has officially learned that Jon isn't Lord Commander of the NW (Forward Ravens to Winterfell :D).

I believe Jon was always meant to be Azor Ahai due to the "hidden prince" story arc.

Oh I never thought of that. The hidden prince thing.

17 hours ago, Ez Ahai said:

.I believe Jon was always meant to be Azor Ahai due to the "hidden prince" story arc.

Yeh me too but when she started riding Jon for the position I was kinda thinking it might be someone else because Mel's visions are aqurate but always misinterpruted. If she flip flops its cool.

On 20/07/2017 at 3:23 AM, Ser Cold Fingers said:

I'm starting to lean towards the wolf in the promo being a wolf of Nymeria's pack...but not Nymeria. The wolf pack & Arya cross paths, this wolf wants to attack Arya but Nymeria intervenes. 

Yes indeed - Nymeria should be huge by now, that puppy in the trailer is too small. Remember, ghost is the runt of the litter and now stands so that it's ears almost reach Jon's shoulders, Nymeria should be taller than Arya.

I'm not sure there will be a big naval battle this early - but then there are only 7 episodes, so perhaps.

I do think we will see Sam or some Maester try and save Jorah, but they might kill him in the process.

2 hours ago, Reisendame said:

It's got to be Nymeria! We've been waiting years for her return :) She's also probably ready to avenge her siblings' deaths! 

It looked like the wolf in the trailer was true CGI. Usually the direwolves have been real life wolves CGI'd to look bigger.

19 hours ago, Ez Ahai said:

What I wonder is if Sam even knows Jon died at some point. And then all those other things that happened after.

My prediction is that everyone loses it over how Nymeria is able to recognise Arya after all this time just a few days after hyping up the reunion.

4 hours ago, ummester said:

Yes indeed - Nymeria should be huge by now, that puppy in the trailer is too small. Remember, ghost is the runt of the litter and now stands so that it's ears almost reach Jon's shoulders, Nymeria should be taller than Arya.

I'm not sure there will be a big naval battle this early - but then there are only 7 episodes, so perhaps.

I do think we will see Sam or some Maester try and save Jorah, but they might kill him in the process.

While the show does a lot of fairly  pointless stuff, I think they would not have Sam cure Jorah only to kill him.  He will be cured and return to the fight.  I am also presuming that something to do with greyscale is going to have wider repercussions for Westeros, otherwise it's a huge amount of time to a side plot that has no purpose.

I would guess that naval battle is ep 3, but who knows.

I am irritated in advance that Highgarden would fight for the Lannisters, who killed their liege lord, their queen, and their heir, instead of Dany...that is nonsensical.  But, the show is far beyond that level of detail.

23 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

While the show does a lot of fairly  pointless stuff, I think they would not have Sam cure Jorah only to kill him.  He will be cured and return to the fight.  I am also presuming that something to do with greyscale is going to have wider repercussions for Westeros, otherwise it's a huge amount of time to a side plot that has no purpose.

I would guess that naval battle is ep 3, but who knows.

I am irritated in advance that Highgarden would fight for the Lannisters, who killed their liege lord, their queen, and their heir, instead of Dany...that is nonsensical.  But, the show is far beyond that level of detail.

I meant in trying to save him they kill him, like a failed operation - but they may learn something about grayscale at the same time.

Re Highgarden, will have to wait and see the reasons - but it seems to me that witnessing dragons on the field of battle may be a game/reality changer that causes a lot of people to go 'bugger that, we have to take those beasts out, no way we are being subjugated by fire breathing monsters again.'

I have a feeling Jamie is going to rally the remnants of non Dany/Stark factions against the dragons. And Dothraki, of course, no-one would want them raping and pillaging across Westeros with winter rolling south.

Just now, ummester said:

I meant in trying to save him they kill him, like a failed operation - but they may learn something about grayscale at the same time.

Re Highgarden, will have to wait and see the reasons - but it seems to me that witness dragons on the field of battle may be a game changer that causes a lot of people to go 'bugger that, we have to take those beasts out, no way we are being subjugated by monsters flames again.'

I have a feeling Jamie is going to rally the remants of non Dany/Stark factions against the dragons. And Dothraki, of course, no-one would want them raping and pillaging across Westeros with winter rolling south.

Yeah, I understood that, I just don't think it make sense to give him an entire sub plot about greyscale...send him away to be cured...only to have him die at the citadel.  So, I'm sure he will not die, but will be 'cured' and return to Dany......but that still somehow greyscale will play a role in the story.

If I had to choose between dragons and the people who killed my liege lord, I'd probably go with dragons....and so would the real Randyl Tarly in my opinion...but I guess in the scheme of things it's not that important, the salient point is that House Tyrell and House Martell are both going extinct.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

the salient point is that House Tyrell and House Martell are both going extinct.

For sure, and likely house Tarly and Lannister by story's end - I mean Cersie and Jamie have already talked about all their kids being dead (yes, it was clumsy dialogue, but the point was there). I wouldn't be surprised if the only house around at the end is Stark in a new pact with the Others.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

For sure, and likely house Tarly and Lannister by story's end - I mean Cersie and Jamie have already talked about all their kids being dead (yes, it was clumsy dialogue, but the point was there). I wouldn't be surprised if the only house around at the end is Stark in a new pact with the Others.

I've mostly given up nitpicking the show....but it would have been nice if Jamie had referenced that she KILLED THEIR FUCKING UNCLE!  the right hand and trusted adviser of the father she so revered, and their cousin, and that's why the fucking house is going to go extinct.  But I guess Kevan and Lancel are people non book readers will barely remember.  I don't think House Lannister will go extinct because Tyrion won't die, so not even Lannister Prime will go extinct, and in the books there are tons of sub Lannisters.  House Tully will probably go down also, sadly.  Edmure is no match for either the Lannisters or the Others.

Archived