EPISODE 2 Predictions

Gomagoti

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I've mostly given up nitpicking the show....but it would have been nice if Jamie had referenced that she KILLED THEIR FUCKING UNCLE!  the right hand and trusted adviser of the father she so revered, and their cousin, and that's why the fucking house is going to go extinct.  But I guess Kevan and Lancel are people non book readers will barely remember.  I don't think House Lannister will go extinct because Tyrion won't die, so not even Lannister Prime will go extinct, and in the books there are tons of sub Lannisters.  House Tully will probably go down also, sadly.  Edmure is no match for either the Lannisters or the Others.

I watched the whole series again over the last month, as I do before each new series starts and, moment to moment, there is definitely a decline in quality after season 4. The plotting isn't as tight, or full and the dialogue isn't as good - but, set piece to set piece, it still tells a cohesive  and engaging story overall. As you might remember, I also think the books had some decline in quality after Storm.

Something has gone awry somewhere, as if the narrative had a plan and then went off target - and I really feel there may have been some kind of falling out between GRRM and the production, that has caused him to distance himself from it. I wish Martin was still writing for the show because then it would have good dialogue and more attention to detail - but, being more vested in how the world and it's magic works than any of the characters, I can accept it for what it is and just want to see it all come together for a satisfying conclusion.

I can see, however, that fans who are more vested in the characters, will notice when their dialogue or actions seem incorrect or out of character, when compared to the books.

As for Kevan and Lancel, Jamie kind of turned against them in the show, unlike the books where he seemed to have more sympathy for them. I do get show Jamie not giving a toss about Kevan's death,

And as for Tyrion, after his stupid show brush with slavery, pathetic dialogue, jokes and acting in seasons 5 & 6 - I'm happy to see him slain. I much prefer book Tyrion, I could see that GRRM was totally tearing him down in Essos, so that he had a better grasp of how it all worked and didn't seem stupid as Dany's hand.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

I watched the whole series again over the last month, as I do before each new series starts and, moment to moment, there is definitely a decline in quality after season 4. The plotting isn't as tight, or full and the dialogue isn't as good - but, set piece to set piece, it still tells a cohesive  and engaging story overall. As you might remember, I also think the books had some decline in quality after Storm.

Something has gone awry somewhere, as if the narrative had a plan and then went off target - and I really feel there may have been some kind of falling out between GRRM and the production, that has caused him to distance himself from it. I wish Martin was still writing for the show because then it would have good dialogue and more attention to detail - but, being more vested in how the world and it's magic works than any of the characters, I can accept it for what it is and just want to see it all come together for a satisfying conclusion.

I can see, however, that fans who are more vested in the characters, will notice when their dialogue or actions seem incorrect or out of character, when compared to the books.

As for Kevan and Lancel, Jamie kind of turned against them in the show, unlike the books where he seemed to have more sympathy for them. I do get show Jamie not giving a toss about Kevan's death,

And as for Tyrion, after his stupid show brush with slavery, pathetic dialogue, jokes and acting in seasons 5 & 6 - I'm happy to see him slain. I much prefer book Tyrion, I could see that GRRM was totally tearing him down in Essos, so that he had a better grasp of how it all worked and didn't seem stupid as Dany's hand.

I thought that for quite a while, but after his gushing about the show during the last Emmy season, I have to wonder if either he made peace with the issues, or it was me projecting....I felt that he was definitely sending a message by releasing those parallel chapters and talking about butterflies turning into dragons, and inventing plot twists about people the show killed...... but maybe he was just trying to preserve interest for the books.  I don't know anymore, I don't care that much anymore either.  I had thought he might come back and write at least one episode for the final season, since he's never going to finish the final book, at least there would be some stamp of GRRM on the ending of the story but I don't think he will admit to himself he will never get Spring out.  Between the show, the author's comments on Winds, I pretty much hate everyone except for Arya and Jon and wolves and dragons...I have very little hope I am going to be happy with the end of the series.  

I can't rewatch anything but excerpts of the last two seasons, other than the /ep 9 /finale last year, the lack of ability to get the story from A to C without creating huge fissures in the plot is too annoying to me.  

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

While the show does a lot of fairly  pointless stuff, I think they would not have Sam cure Jorah only to kill him.  He will be cured and return to the fight.  I am also presuming that something to do with greyscale is going to have wider repercussions for Westeros, otherwise it's a huge amount of time to a side plot that has no purpose.

I would guess that naval battle is ep 3, but who knows.

I am irritated in advance that Highgarden would fight for the Lannisters, who killed their liege lord, their queen, and their heir, instead of Dany...that is nonsensical.  But, the show is far beyond that level of detail.

I take it you didn't watch the episode in which Randyl Tarley expressed his hatred for the Wildlings? If he hates them so much, it's not a stretch  he would feel the same for the Dothraki. Sprinkle in some personal motivation (aka side with the Lannisters and win, become ruling house of The Reach), and it makes perfect sense for him to betray the Tyrells and side with the Lannisters, so I have to completely disagree with you. 

As for the greyscale/dragon glass issue, I think the bigger repercussions have to do with the cure (dragonglass) as opposed to the disease (greyscale). Although it would be fun to watch a fight between a horde of undead vs a horde of greyscale mutants. 

The Direwolf of Direwolves, Leadress of THE PACK, The Wolf Queen of the Seven Hells, namesake of Queen Nymeria, Big Nyms Stark will be back, but I am leaning on the side of others opinions that the wolf in the preview is a wolf, not a direwolf, and not Nymeria. 

Er, she sort of deserves a better intro than that.

I think that is her Hand of the Direwolf, minion, assistant, pack member, whatever we should call it. Or the show makes some villain wolf show up that has nothing to do with the pack...Totally anticlimactic if Big Nyms is shoved in an obvious preview and then it cuts to a shocked Arya. Could be wrong, and I did have a moment when I first saw the preview. The love and bond goes without saying and many seasons have passed, of course Arya is going to be shocked. I'm on the wagon that either the wolf doesn't know that and pulls something and Big Nyms swoops in like Superman and puts the wolf in line because it's Arya. Or, Arya has an issue with those Lannister soldiers or something else on the road, and Big Nyms puts them in their place. Not sure, and haven't seen all spoilers so I know nothing about this.

Joyous, but hardly surprised. The reunion of reunions. After years of waiting in book and show, I can hardly wait for the visual take. Tissue box will be ready near the couch. And since I've had time to marinate since the episode aired I'm not sure how much I weigh certain scenarios since Sunday.

Really, let anyone mess with Arya in future...Remember the North, and remember Joffrey’s arm.

But a fear I have too. Just in general, the thought that reunions can be short-lived and bittersweet. My big fear in book and show…the avenue that Arya and Big Nyms can go the way of Odysseus and Argos. I hope to hell not. Not out of the woods yet. 

Without having seen any previews or even the trailer, these are my brazen, bold predictions or where I believe the story should be going in episode 2 :

Edd will tell Bran & Meera that Jon and Sansa have retaken Winterfell. A few hours later, Melisandre arrives with a warning that tomorrow there will be an attack on the wall.

Mel speaks with Bran and senses that he has been tainted with the mark of the others, she is repulsed by him. Meera fends off Melisandre. Bran & Meera spend the night at Castle Black. Bran, replays a vision of how the Wall was created. He sees the 3ER holding hands with, some children of the forest and another man is there too, who 3ERaven calls Lord Stark.

Cersei says they can call on support from Littlefinger’s Vale Army. Jaime informs her that the Vale joined forces with Jon Snow’s wildlings and have retaken Winterfell. Cersei thinks that LF has claimed WF in the name of the crown just like she tasked him with doing. She surmises that Jon Snow will never have control of WF due to his bastard status, but considers him a threat none the less. Hoping to distance him self from her, Jaime asks if he should go and parlay with Jon Snow but Cersei demands that Jaime stay by her side.

LF explains to Sansa and Jon that they must go to King’s Landing to negotiate with the crown. Sansa agrees to go with him to Jon's dismay. Sansa assures him she will be ok with Brienne (& Pod) with her.

Yara & Theon are shown fishing and sailing around the coast when they happen upon driftmark where they meet Gendry asking for passage back to the mainland as he says his skiff was ruined in a storm. Yara takes interest in him and says he might make a good cabin boy, Gendry tells her he is good at smithing.

We see Euron's Fleet attacking the Dornish coast. His men surprise attack at night steal all the caskets of wine and even take the sand snakes hostage.

Back at the Wall Meera tells Bran the story of the laughing knight. They slowly begin to kiss, and Bran briefly accesses her memories to a time when her and Jojen visited Winterfell with her father. Bejen says to Howland, "she asked me to give you this letter." Howland looks at it and says "leave it with her body."

At Dragonstone Dany’s crew along with Greyworm and Tyrion, draw up battle plans to attack King’s Landing. Varys informs them that Queen Cersei has taken over the city killing off King Tommen and Queen Margery.

Dany questions if they should allow them the chance to surrender. Tyrion assures her that Cersei would never surrender. Dany states that she wishes to address the people.

Tyrion believes that they will expect an attack coming from the east coast but, will not expect a simultaneous attack from North & South. That night Tyrion & Dany explore the castle they find something interesting in an unexpected area.

Back at WF Jon is in the god's wood when he hears a voice whispering to him. "Jon" It’s the 3 eyed raven,Jon asks." what are you? "I'm your brother" The Raven is perched on a Weirwood root. A tree face appears through the dirt wall. Bran? He asks. Bran tells him to "follow me I have to show you something" He follows him to Lyanna’s grave. The Raven communicates to him and says, look closer. As Jon uncovers a hidden box with a scroll, the scroll says: deliver to Howland Reed.

21 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I have very little hope I am going to be happy with the end of the series. 

The way it's all playing out, however it ends, groups of people are going to be disappointed. I find it really interesting in that regard.

Like I am either on team Other or team Jamie - definitely on team destruction of the throne and potentially Westeros. But there are groups of fans as large, or larger, on team Jon, team Dany, team Sansa, team Tyrion - even team Hound. It's great that the story is keeping us so unsure of what should happen, let alone what will happen, so close to the end.

Danny's unexpected visitor is Melisandre. 

Jon departs for Dragonstone, and this is what begins the LF-led "revolt," that hopefully Sansa quashes (by slicing LF's throat in front of everyone as he tries to make her Queen in Jon's place .  .....in my perfect world.)

Tyrion has Air Power at his disposal. No need to send anyone anywhere. 

Ellaria kissing Yara makes me nervous. 

On July 21, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Short Claw said:

I take it you didn't watch the episode in which Randyl Tarley expressed his hatred for the Wildlings? If he hates them so much, it's not a stretch  he would feel the same for the Dothraki. Sprinkle in some personal motivation (aka side with the Lannisters and win, become ruling house of The Reach), and it makes perfect sense for him to betray the Tyrells and side with the Lannisters, so I have to completely disagree with you. 

As for the greyscale/dragon glass issue, I think the bigger repercussions have to do with the cure (dragonglass) as opposed to the disease (greyscale). Although it would be fun to watch a fight between a horde of undead vs a horde of greyscale mutants. 

This right here. 

What if:

Dragonglass cures greyscale, which is how Shireen was cured.... It's everywhere on Dragonstone. Being around it negated its spread, not what anything any of the smartest men in Weteros did  

but....greyscale stops/kills wights/walkers...

So do they cure Joreh, or turn him into a weapon, or turning him into a walker... Like the Children did?

1. Can't wait to see the scene in Dragonstone with the Greyjoys, Ellaria Sand, Olenna and Dany's gang (also don't think that Sand will bother with Tyrion too much as Oberyn was fighting for him). 

2. I think Dany will use the fact that Jon needs the dragon glass and dragons on Dragonstone to her advantage and get him to support her claim for him to use it.

3. Hopefully Arya will reunite with Nymeria which will convince her to return to the remainder of the Starks at Winterfell (if they're all still there by that time). 

2 hours ago, tmug said:

I'm thinking Nym takes out Ed Sheeran and those other Lannisters Arya's camping with. Nyms never broke bread (or rabbit) with those chumps. Ed Sheeran death scene +1!

That is just what you hope, because you are tired of hearing him everywhere.

I mean, so do I, but I doubt it'll happen.

Archived