[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

1 minute ago, NikkiG said:

I hated the sand snakes but I think I will hate what Cersei will do to them more

I suppose one commend Ellaria for murdering Myrcella, Hotah, Doran and Trystane quickly; as opposed to degradation and torture, like what she's going to get from Cersei.  If Tyene's alive, she'll get to meet the Mountain alright, I fear (wasn't she the one who was going on about wanting the Mountain).  I just hope that Yara survives.  I'm disappointed that Theon turned coward; though he would be dead otherwise.

As slow moving as last week.

Lots of time and money and wolves....for nothing.

Even Hot Pie and Arya was off. You don't see someone for a long time and you're eating and not talking. It was cold and businesslike.

Just awkward...

Jon didn't need to go to see crypts just to tell LF to back off his sister. Could've did that in the courtyard.

Among other things.

Whatever.

OK, I love the new season so far, and I think it's really strong considering they're working without support from the books at this point.

With that said, if I have to watch one more freaking scene of Littlefinger making side eyes at Sansa in a dimly lit feast hall while Jon speaks, I'm going to punch a hole in my TV.

I guess we now know why the actor playing Euron said he would be the most hated character on GoT by the end of the season.  Getting rid of the Sand Snakes (TV version) would make it the opposite, I would imagine.

Generally there was far too much blah blah blah (perhaps to celebrate National Yadda Yadda Yadda Day),  I'm already getting bored with every piece of plot advancement in Winterfell involving a council of every lord there is - at least next week it looks like that won't happen.

2 minutes ago, plectrum said:

With that said, if I have to watch one more freaking scene of Littlefinger making side eyes at Sansa in a dimly lit feast hall while Jon speaks, I'm going to punch a hole in my TV.

This a hundred times. So done with both LF squint and his edgy voice I was left hoping Jon had finished the job in the crypts.

Not a bad episode in my opinion, but some screen time could have been used more efficiently. Not really sure what significance Grey Worm and Missy's sexy time simulation has to the series end game, for starters.

30 minutes ago, NikkiG said:

Does he really need to announce all of his decisions to the group?  Announcing your plans only brings dissension

Maybe it's a Northern thing. The whole dragons vs White Walkers seems pretty obvious, imo. Plus the dragon glass.  It's like, go to Dragonstone? "Yes, please." At least no one can start rumors saying Jon deserted them after he's gone.

1 minute ago, ValrianSunni said:

Maybe it's a Northern thing. The whole dragons vs White Walkers seems pretty obvious, imo. Plus the dragon glass.  It's like, go to Dragonstone? "Yes, please." At least no one can start rumors saying Jon deserted them after he's gone.

I think it is a Northern thing.  Like the Really Freaking Huge Council.

I have no idea why they had so much time of awkward eunuch sex and disgustful things like jorah treatment...

I really wanted to slap danny for using that tone for so long, couldn t stand it any longer...

Only a king can convence a queen? is that what he will say before boatsex? only a king can sleep with a queen? that was crap...

On th whole I think it was na ok episode

1 minute ago, plectrum said:

I think it is a Northern thing.  Like the Really Freaking Huge Council.

I feel the same. Wanting to keep things open and involving everyone. More democratic (or at least creating the illusion it is).

2 minutes ago, LyannaStargaryen said:

Can anyone tell me what we are supposed to surmise or predict from the Arya-Nymeria pseudo reunion scene?  It felt unfinished and odd.  Is Arya realizing her way forward is not North since Nymeria rejected that idea?  Just confused here.

It's so out there. I don't even know what to say.

It devalues the Stark -direwolf connection.

This was a good episode, I don't know if i liked it more than last weeks but it had one of the best scenes in the entire series imo, that between Varys and Dany at the beginning. FINALLY, some character growth from Dany and I loved the bit about telling her if she's not whats best for the people for Westeros. 

As for the Euron and Yara stuff, it was to be expected. I knew going into the episode that they were the gift, so it wasn't much of a shock for me. I do think it felt a bit rushed to introduce the plot and then pretty much destroy that plan. 

Also, Nymeria, holy hell. That's a big wolf! 

12 minutes ago, Booknerd2 said:

Even Hot Pie and Arya was off. You don't see someone for a long time and you're eating and not talking. It was cold and businesslike.

Just awkward...

...that was the point. It wasn't the happy reunion people would expect because Arya isn't the same. She's cold and hardened now and much more like the Hound. The point was to be cold and awkward.