[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

Pretty shocked Tyene and Yara got crossed off.

I thought Yara would go the distance, and Tyene would end up with Bronn.

Guess not.

Loved the Hot Pie and Arya scene, but I thought the reunion was a little too casual, almost like they just hadn't seen each other for a few hours, rather than a few years.

But hey, overall I loved it.  My only Issues are very minor.

20 minutes ago, Cron said:

An interesting thought, but I don't think they were in the middle of an ocean.

I thought Yara & Co. were just going down the coast of the Narrow Sea., and Euron & Co. were coming up the same coast, and that s where they happened to meet.

I will agree it seems implausible that they got THAT CLOSE to each other before anybody realized they were there, though.

The writers don't know anything about warfare so none of the characters do either. Remember Stannis and the 20 good men? Nobody on this show bothers with things like scouting and keeping watch.

I really liked that episode til the lat 10 minutes.  How cartoonish can they make it?  That sea battle made Pirates of the Caribbean 3 look good.  And how the hell does Euron seemingly have super-fired projectiles (that clearly aren't wildfire)?  Totally ruined what should have been good deaths for the Sandsnakes/Asha (I refuse to call her Yara).  But I guess this is what you get when you streamline shit.

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

The writers don't know anything about warfare so none of the characters do either. Remember Stannis and the 20 good men? Nobody on this show bothers with things like scouting and keeping watch.

Can't argue with any of that.

Jon's "strategy" at the Battle of the Bastards wasn't exactly worthy of Sun Tzu, either.  Pretty sure it was just "full frontal assault."

Even his enemies thought he might do something clever,using his knowledge of Winterfell, having grown up there (as I recall, either an Umber or a Karstark implied something like that), but...nope.  Just "full frontal assault," even though he was BADLY outnumbered, and his opponent was in a fortified castle.  If Ramsay hadn't been so stupid as to go out and meet them in the open field, I really don't see how Jon could have won, even with the Vale men who arrived.

1.Slave sex was incredibly stupid and unrealistic. The last thing a eunuch virgin slave that's never been with a woman is go straight for the crotch and go to town. They portrayed him of knowing what he was doing. 

2. Every scene was drawn out.

3. I'm surprised that no one sees what LF is about to do. They hinted at it constantly during the showtime of the North. Now that Jon is gone all LF has to do is kill Sansa and use the standing army he has in place to take over Winterfell. 

4. Arya is going to make it to winterfell just after the LF rebellion will have taken place. If she gets captured or not I'm not sure yet.

5. This episode was pretty damn boring with the ship battle. The only redeeming aspect was Eurons laugh as Reek jumped off the boat.

31 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Nothing will happen to him maybe even until the end of season 8, he is the character who set in motion the game of thrones, he's the engine of the story

I think Littlefingers time may be up soon, he seems more vulnerable than ever before and is surrounded by people who don't care what he thinks.

His only leverage is the Vale knights whom he controls through Robyn. 

3 minutes ago, Cron said:

Even his enemies thought he might do something clever,using his knowledge of Winterfell, having grown up there (as I recall, either an Umber or a Karstark implied something like that), but...nope.  Just "full frontal assault," even though he was BADLY outnumbered, and his opponent was in a fortified castle.

To be fair, this was clearly set up by Ramsay killing Rickon - and Sansa warning Jon that Ramsay would do something to make him make a mistake....but yeah.

I don't think the pirate battle was THAT bad. 

Keep in mind that Euron is a experienced war veteran, he has done this kind of sneack attack before during the Greyjoy rebellion.

On top of spending much time in seas all around the world he may have picked up a trick or two more in sea battles.

Yara up to this point have been raiding fisherman villages while Theon lived with the Starks and was raised to be more of a scout/kngiht.

It doesn't shock me that Euron completely treated them like noobs when it comes to sea warfare.

Edited by goomba

The episode wasn't bad, minus the last part.

I really don't see why so many people think Euron is awesome. The way I see it, he is just the average bad boy with a leather jacket and poorly written lines. And as many people have pointed out: how did the two largest fleets in Westeros just bumped into one another without no one realizing?

Also, why don't Sansa and Jon do their dirty laundry in private?? Once again they are arguing and contradicting each other in front of all their allies, which is something so dumb I cannot even put into words.

I do agree that the Missandei and Grey Worm scene wasn't very good either. Took a bit too long, the sex was awkward and I don't see how being called "weakness" is romantic in any way. However, it's a bit cruel to mock it the way many are doing here.

7 minutes ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

3. I'm surprised that no one sees what LF is about to do. They hinted at it constantly during the showtime of the North. Now that Jon is gone all LF has to do is kill Sansa and use the standing army he has in place to take over Winterfell. 

I really don't see LF killing Sansa in this current scenario.

Edited by Nymeria Stone

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

To be fair, this was clearly set up by Ramsay killing Rickon - and Sansa warning Jon that Ramsay would do something to make him make a mistake....but yeah.

Well, I hear what you're saying, but in my opinion Ramsay was an utter fool to leave Winterfell AT ALL, the way he did.

Let's say Ramsay had stayed holed up in Winterfell.  What was Jon's plan?  I'm not aware of anything.  Try to get close and make siege weapons before Ramsay's archers annihilated all of Jon's forces?   Dunno.

1 minute ago, goomba said:

I think Littlefingers time may be up soon, he seems more vulnerable than ever before and is surrounded by people who don't care what he thinks.

His only leverage is the Vale knights whom he controls through Robyn. 

Sorry but I disagree, today we saw how much Daenerys is vunerable, it will not so easy for her and I think that the army of the vale will be the last standing army and he is the commander of the vale

3 minutes ago, Nymeria Stone said:

The episode wasn't bad, minus the last part.

I really don't see why so many people think Euron is awesome. The way I see it, he is just the average bad boy with a leather jacket and poorly written lines. And as many people have pointed out: how did the two largest fleets in Westeros just bumped into one another without no one realizing?

Also, why don't Sansa and Jon do their dirty laundry in private?? Once again they are arguing and contradicting each other in front of all their allies, which is something so dumb I cannot even put into words.

I do agree that the Missandei and Grey Worm scene wasn't very good either. Took a bit too long, the sex was awkward and I don't see how being called "weakness" is romantic in any way. However, it's a bit cruel to mock it the way many are doing here.

Regarding Jon and Sansa, well, Sansa keeps publicly going against him, even though Jon told her last week not to, so ultimately it's on her.

A case can be made that things would go more smoothly if he told her in advance what he was going to do, so they could talk it out BEFORE they get in public, but ultimately...he's the king, and she's not.

Just now, Nymeria Stone said:

I don't really see LF killing Sansa in any scenario.

8 minutes ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

1.Slave sex was incredibly stupid and unrealistic. The last thing a eunuch virgin slave that's never been with a woman is go straight for the crotch and go to town. They portrayed him of knowing what he was doing. 

2. Every scene was drawn out.

4. Arya is going to make it to winterfell just after the LF rebellion will have taken place. If she gets captured or not I'm not sure yet.

5. This episode was pretty damn boring with the ship battle. The only redeeming aspect was Eurons laugh as Reek jumped off the boat.

LF would be unusually foolish to kill Sansa.  His standing army is not going to want to spend the next year or two holding Winterfell against the wrath of Jon, the Northern lords, and everyone (possibly including Robert Arryn) who objects to the upstart southerners murdering a Stark princess/King's sister and occupying Winterfell.  

I'd have rather they did other things with Grey Worm and Missandei than have them discover the joys of sex; it just seemed predictable, even for two pretty young people.

So it's common knowledge that Cersei blew up the Sept and how many ever thousand people with it, and her pitch to Tarly and the other Lords is that Dany is the mad king's daughter so we must band together? D&D doesn't give a shit anymore, not that it matters even if they did.