[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

4 hours ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I wish they hadn't wasted screen time with Grey Worm/Missandei naked time.  Couldn't they have come up with a more interesting storyline for either or both of them?

Scenes like this could be shorter or non existent and it would be better. They aren't moving the story and not the main one. Sweet but so what?

Did anyone else notice that little finger actually looked scared? More then he did when ned chocked him or cersei told her people to kill him and then not to to prove a point about power.

Please let dany not get cocky with jon and act like a bitch.

Loved how they had tyrion go after that sandsnake lady. He called her out on poisoning his niece and yet didn't make him sound whiny or going against the queen. Loved how dany backed him as well.

Really crappy navy scene and why did their need to be a grey worm and that girl sex scene. Just kiss then skip to the next scene.

Also I don't think theon did the cowardly thing. There was no way he could win and he knew it. His best chance of survival was going overboard.

Edited by snow is the man

- The sea battle was...well...literally unbelievable.. but at least it killed off a few characters (as well as Dany & Tyrion's entire strategy..)

- I guess Ellaria will soon be a new specimen in Qyburn's lab or rooming with Septa Unella..

- if Ironborn ships can't get to manage to get to Dorne, I wonder how the unsullied will fare on their twice-the-distance voyage..

- At first I thought Theon had committed suicide by 'joining his drowned god' but realised he'll float out here in the ocean for a few more days until Gendry comes rowing past and picks him up

- As I said in the ratings thread I can't believe (as well as gloves) Sam didn't bother collecting any milk of the  poppy before he went to flay Jorah.  Wonder if the gloves are so he can infect little Sam with greyscale and give Gilly a storyline?..

I feel like Missy and GreyWorm had basically the same conversation after he was injured (Barristan died :'( ) - he said he was afraid he'd never see Missandei of Naath again, then they kissed. All of their scenes have always bored me--I don't think anyone is invested in this romance because they are side characters and it doesn't contribute to the plot. That whole scene with Tyrian last season (what do you talk about?) was pretty spot-on.

Their romance doesn't drive the plot-- I think they threw it in there just because people have come to expect boobs from this show. Who doesn't love boobs? Still, *yawn*.

Euron's entrance was definitely psychotic and.. swashbuckling? Lol, but one of the more entertaining scenes of this episode. I couldn't stand Euron in previous episodes, so I'm glad we finally got a taste of his crazy. Seriously: did he do this all with the ONE ship we saw sailing away?

PS Where in the world will Theon end up? 

Also: Isn't Ellaria a "fighter" as well? Or is she just a clever lover and the Sand Snakes fight? It was a little surprising that she didn't even carry a small weapon (in wartime!), but I guess she's just more of the "poisoning" type?

I wish Jon spoke with Sansa (even briefly!) after his scuffle with LF in the crypts. Like, "hey FYI this creep is trying to get in your pants" (and we KNOW he still wants to be Warden of the North). 

Guess we'll be seeing boatsex soon... 

13 minutes ago, Reisendame said:

I feel like Missy and GreyWorm had basically the same conversation after he was injured (Barristan died :'( ) - he said he was afraid he'd never see Missandei of Naath again, then they kissed. All of their scenes have always bored me--I don't think anyone is invested in this romance because they are side characters and it doesn't contribute to the plot. That whole scene with Tyrian last season (what do you talk about?) was pretty spot-on.

Their romance doesn't drive the plot-- I think they threw it in there just because people have come to expect boobs from this show. Who doesn't love boobs? Still, *yawn*.

Euron's entrance was definitely psychotic and.. swashbuckling? Lol, but one of the more entertaining scenes of this episode. I couldn't stand Euron in previous episodes, so I'm glad we finally got a taste of his crazy. Seriously: did he do this all with the ONE ship we saw sailing away?

PS Where in the world will Theon end up? 

Also: Isn't Ellaria a "fighter" as well? Or is she just a clever lover and the Sand Snakes fight? It was a little surprising that she didn't even carry a small weapon (in wartime!), but I guess she's just more of the "poisoning" type?

I wish Jon spoke with Sansa (even briefly!) after his scuffle with LF in the crypts. Like, "hey FYI this creep is trying to get in your pants" (and we KNOW he still wants to be Warden of the North). 

Guess we'll be seeing boatsex soon... 

no ellaria let her daughter do the fighting. She only poisons little girls. Also what is this about boat sex.

35 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

- The sea battle was...well...literally unbelievable.. but at least it killed off a few characters (as well as Dany & Tyrion's entire strategy..)

- I guess Ellaria will soon be a new specimen in Qyburn's lab or rooming with Septa Unella..

- if Ironborn ships can't get to manage to get to Dorne, I wonder how the unsullied will fare on their twice-the-distance voyage..

- At first I thought Theon had committed suicide by 'joining his drowned god' but realised he'll float out here in the ocean for a few more days until Gendry comes rowing past and picks him up

- As I said in the ratings thread I can't believe (as well as gloves) Sam didn't bother collecting any milk of the  poppy before he went to flay Jorah.  Wonder if the gloves are so he can infect little Sam with greyscale and give Gilly a storyline?..

he did wear gloves. And that does seem like an oversight not to bring milk of the poppy. poor jorah. But the jorah scene was awesome

How come they're almost up-to-date with what's going on in Westeros but there's not a word from Castle Black about Bran?

For a moment I thought Jon will send Sansa to Dragonstone. That would be awesome. I would love to see Sansa and Tyrion meet again.

A sea battle with over 2000 ships combined and Euron so happens to "sneak up" right onto Yara's ship with no warning. They have not seen any episode of Black Sails lately.

This was the most unbelievable sequence for time and money's sake. Just shell out the extra cash and make a few more episodes so that the "time travel/teleporting" needs to stop, please.

1 minute ago, tmug said:

A sea battle with over 2000 ships combined and Euron so happens to "sneak up" right onto Yara's ship with no warning. They have not seen any episode of Black Sails lately.

This was the most unbelievable sequence for time and money's sake. Just shell out the extra cash and make a few more episodes so that the "time travel/teleporting" needs to stop, please.

I didn't see that many ships though. given the scene it seemed like there was less then ten

2 hours ago, Cron said:

Let's say Ramsay had stayed holed up in Winterfell.  What was Jon's plan?  I'm not aware of anything.  Try to get close and make siege weapons before Ramsay's archers annihilated all of Jon's forces?   Dunno.

Aye that's fair.  But by the same token, this is the problem that is playing out (much more deliberately and realistically) in the books.  Ramsay can't just sit in Winterfell with unsure allies.  He must prove his strength - and eradicate any threats.  Again, that's partly (although certainly not all) why Roose sends men out at the end ADWD.

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

I didn't see that many ships though. given the scene it seemed like there was less then ten

Agreed I thought that it was just part of the fleet, to drop off the Dornish?

Wasn't greyworm leaving at the same time in a different direction?

1 minute ago, JagLover said:

Agreed I thought that it was just part of the fleet, to drop off the Dornish?

Wasn't greyworm leaving at the same time in a different direction?

well they were supposed to use the iron fleet to bring the dornish back with them. I don't know I agree the scene was poorly done and that's a waste

7 hours ago, Holly Macaroni said:

didn't arya say "it's not her", implying it wasn't nymeria?

Yes, Arya says that. I think Arya is mistaken. My question to you is, how many direwolves are there roaming the midlands? Why don't the wolves attack? Are we to believe Arya now has the power to talk wolves out of attacking her even if they're not Nymeria?  OK, maybe...

6 hours ago, Lord Godric said:

She's returning home, but I think the scene with Nymeria was about showing you that Winterfell isn't "her" anymore. I don't expect her reunion with any of her siblings to be happy and warm either. 

I disagree. What Arya says is that going to Winterfell isn't Nymeria.

Many other have already discussed the most relevant points, so I will just mention a few random thoughts. 

- When Jon looks at Sansa before he announces he's going south I thought this was a warning look "Do-not-undermine-me-publicly-again" but no, it seems that it's a good idea to reprehend your king in front of his bannermen (again) a tell him that he's abandoning his people... until the very same moment he says you're in charge in his absence; then all objections are suddenly forgotten. Holy crap in the woods. These two really know how to team up!

- I am not 100% sure we've seen Reek's return, I think this was still Theon. I don't see what could he have done to save his sister in that precise moment. I think that the battle was lost and he thought that better try to live another day than surrender one hostage more. If I'm correct he'll try to rescue her, as she tried to rescue him. Just my impression. 

- Did LF tell Jon "I love Sansa, like I loved "YOUR" mother?! FTW?? I hope he said "her" mother and it was just that I misheard his words. The whole interaction seemed quite absurd to me. I expected (wished... I do not expect a great deal of D&D) more. 

- This greyscale thing is gross. But when the Maester says that treatment is risky and that's why it's forbidden what does he mean? Risky? What's supposed to be worse than this malady? I would assume a lot of infected people would be eager to try any experimental treatment, given the alternative. And how do you catch it? Physical contact, obviously, but the little princess was supposed to get ill by touching a doll. If you can get infected touching objects, it seems to me that the smart-aleck Maester (why do they paint every single person in the Citadel like pedantic bureaucrats?) should have been infected long ago. Whatever. 

- The Iron Battle made no sense at all. 

- The show seems so concerned in shocking the fans with OMG so surprising twists that any internal coherence in the characters personality burns in the flames like an oblation from the Red Woman. Who is Arya? Who is Sansa? Are D&D so obsessed to surprise us with their actions and reactions that they have forgotten to give them any consistency or logic? They have so many split personalities that they do not have any personality at all. 

6 minutes ago, ValrianSunni said:

Yes, Arya says that. I think Arya is mistaken. My question to you is, how many direwolves are there roaming the midlands? Why don't the wolves attack? Are we to believe Arya now has the power to talk wolves out of attacking her even if they're not Nymeria?  OK, maybe...

it was nymeria it couldn't have been anyone else. Lady was killed by ned and everyother direwolf except ghost is dead

23 minutes ago, ValrianSunni said:

The "It's not you" from Arya is explained in this post: 

I guess  that something is not working when you have to explain to the audience what they just saw and the lines they just heard.