[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

5 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

6 minutes of eunuch sex, YES, thats what we need, what would be of us if the series concluded without some grey worm missandei sexy time.

These were people of color, slaves with nothing to hope for. That Grey Worm is a eunuch doesn't detract from it at all; if anything, it makes it a more powerful scene. They now have each other. It's sweet and tender and wonderful.

Don't let latent racism, or cockism, cloud your mind. Remember what George has been doing throughout the whole story. It's about power to the people who don't normally get it. This is part of that.

By the way, was anyone else bothered by the conversation between Dany and Varys in the opening scene? After all, Varys has been floating in Dany's camp (ship) for a while now, so it would have made more sense to have this kind of conversation as soon as he arrives at her doorstep. To me it just felt comical and out of place to postpone it until Dragonstone...

1 minute ago, Holly Macaroni said:

How did Euron sneak up on them?

well, if you take from the books, they sailed deep into the sunset sea, and then came raining down upon them, thats how they took the reach by surprise

but since this is the show, i would say all the fleet  defense depended on asha, i mean, yara attention, and she was busy reminding everyone she likes pussy.

1 minute ago, Lord Godric said:

...that was the point. It wasn't the happy reunion people would expect because Arya isn't the same. She's cold and hardened now and much more like the Hound. The point was to be cold and awkward. 

It's not consistent.

Then she runs out the door to rejoin her beloved brother? That deals with feelings.

And you don't spend seasons being No One with and then reaffirming to Jaqen that you are Ayra Stark and you are leaving, and then your pet rejects you.

Anticlimactic.

9 minutes ago, LyannaStargaryen said:

Can anyone tell me what we are supposed to surmise or predict from the Arya-Nymeria pseudo reunion scene?  It felt unfinished and odd.  Is Arya realizing her way forward is not North since Nymeria rejected that idea?  Just confused here.

I wonder if Nymeria and her pack, or at least Nymeria, will make a sudden surprise appearance if/when Arya gets ambushed by unfriendlies on the way to Winterfell (if Arya is, as I assume, going North)?  That would be original (not!).

2 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

By the way, was anyone else bothered by the conversation between Dany and Varys in the opening scene? After all, Varys has been floating in Dany's camp (ship) for a while now, so it would have made more sense to have this kind of conversation as soon as he arrives at her doorstep. To me it just felt comical and out of place to postpone it until Dragonstone...

Agreed, again, so oddly timed.  NOW she confronts him, after he's delivered Westerosi allies on the eve of conquering the Seven Kingdoms?  Very strange decision by Dany/showrunners.

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

These were people of color, slaves with nothing to hope for. That Grey Worm is a eunuch doesn't detract from it at all; if anything, it makes it a more powerful scene. They now have each other. It's sweet and tender and wonderful.

Don't let latent racism, or cockism, cloud your mind. Remember what George has been doing throughout the whole story. It's about power to the people who don't normally get it. This is part of that.

what? are you drunk?

4 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

didn't arya say "it's not her", implying it wasn't nymeria?

I think she was referring to an Arya quote from season one, where Arya tells Ned "that's not me" when he tells her she'll marry a lord and look after the castle. Arya realizes Nymeria doesnt belong in Winterfell, she belongs in the wild with her pack. Yes?

29 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

Yes, indeed. It's like they never thought to speak of this before Varys teleported onto her ship at the end of last season. Not only that but the topic of Myrcella and the Dornish. You;d think Tyrion would have beef for them killing his niece.

17 minutes ago, The Giver said:

I think she was referring to an Arya quote from season one, where Arya tells Ned "that's not me" when he tells her she'll marry a lord and look after the castle. Arya realizes Nymeria doesnt belong in Winterfell, she belongs in the wild with her pack. Yes?

I had the same doubt, but that makes sense. I dig it.

Was it me or was everyone's accent off in this, by which I mean it was much much more pronounced than I remember?

That Varys scene was a year too late and really should not have had any of Queen One-look to it.  That would have been a moment for Dany to let loose.

Arya and Hot-pie had terrible emotion to it, and no it wasn't because Arya is a 'badass' now. She wasn't that way at all around soldiers she didn't know and had no reason to believe wouldn't rape or kill her at the first chance.  This should have been the scene to give Arya a bit of humanizing and de-programming after going 'badass' on the Freys.  Arya treated Hot-pie like shit and looked like she couldn't care less to see him like he was some bug beneath her that wasn't even worth looking at.  Until of course he offers up some useful information.

Who knew the solution to Greyscale was to just skin the patient and pour an ointment on it.  Is the dangerous part skinning the head to put ointment on the mental collapse?  Oh, and was I the only person to say "Oh well now Jon has greyscale" when they handed him the message from Sam.

Why are the Vale Lords still at Winterfell?  Why has no one in the South mentioned or noticed that?  They took Winterfell and the Northern Lords have rallied around Jon...why did we spend all that time with SansWorm while this was going on?

I'm still not sold on their Euron.  The actor portrays what D&D want well enough, but...it's not Euron.  That's not Silence.  Seriously where the fuck is 'Crow's Eye'.  This is no "tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood". Their Euron is the villain from Pirates of the Caribbean 7

40 minutes ago, The Giver said:

Confirmed by the Inside the Episode. 

55 minutes ago, Booknerd2 said:

It's not consistent.

Then she runs out the door to rejoin her beloved brother? That deals with feelings.

And you don't spend seasons being No One with and then reaffirming to Jaqen that you are Ayra Stark and you are leaving, and then your pet rejects you.

Anticlimactic.

She's returning home, but I think the scene with Nymeria was about showing you that Winterfell isn't "her" anymore. I don't expect her reunion with any of her siblings to be happy and warm either. 

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

Arya's story became a fan services story with Hotpie, Nymeria and the pack, they show Nymeria and the pack without any addition to the story

Because they haven't just been confirming fan theories ever since they ran out of GRRM's written material...