[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

This is BS though, because SR is still in the Vale.  The show established that Lord Royce was vulnerable to LF having him killed.  So, reasonably, Royce would have already arranged an accident for LF long time ago.  What's SW going to do?  He will only know what they tell him.  The Vale lords never liked LF to begin with, and of course by now surely someone has told them that Sansa rode in WITH LF, and wasn't kidnapped by the Boltons like he said.  LOL.  The only reason he still lives is because the showrunners like his character and the actor.

I should have put it more bluntly- Nobody gives a shit about this on the show lol.  Which is fine and makes sense to me.  

Just now, Tagganaro said:

I should have put it more bluntly- Nobody gives a shit about this on the show lol.  Which is fine and makes sense to me.  

Of course they don't. But not giving a shit isn't the same as the plot actually making sense.  Clearly, the overwhelming majority of people don't give a shit that GOT plots no longer make sense. Thus, there is no reason to pretend that it does make sense, or to invent back stories and off the screen rationales to attempt to put the plot genie back in the bottle, which at this point is impossible.  

19 hours ago, no_one_... said:

Yeah the ice shield was tongue in cheek along with the iced snow balls.  But, they've already shown him breaking down a door on his own at castle black, he would just need cover to do so.  Not that hard imo.

Also, how many troops would Ramsey really have left?  Other than Bolton and Karstarks weren't most of them killed at the Red Wedding?   They had recently fought Stanis and would have been somewhat depleted from that fight it seemed their numbers held up for show plot reasons more than anything.  It would have been better if Ramsey thought the Vale army was coming to re-enforce him than to have an Army that never seems to run out of troops.

As I strongly recall, last season, Sansa told Jon (and Davos, I think) that she heard (while she was at Winterfell with Ramsay) that he had 5,000 men.  Pretty sure Jon's men were around 2,000 to 3,000.

And Ramsay plainly had plenty of archers. Remember how those arrows were flying at the Battle of the Bastards?  Hundreds and hundreds of arrows in the air at the same time.

Yeah, Wun Wun knocked down the door, but that was with NO resistance whatsoever.  Wun Wun just ran up to the door, battered it down, and as far as I know he took NO damage before he was already inside Winterfell, at which time a few flurries of arrows took him down pretty quickly.

Of course, it's easy for me to come up with other things Ramsay could have done, too, such as fortifying the gate further, with a variety of possible means.

In my opinion, both sides blundered pretty badly, and in the end Ramsay's blunders were worse, so, like I said, Ramsay lost the battle a lot more than Jon won it.

13 hours ago, watcher of the night said:

The whole show is bereft of logic. They wanted an epic showdown between Jon and Ramsay where the KtoV can ride in the last second and save the day, so they did it. The whole fight was cringeworty from the point of view of both sides; they fought as 6 or 8 year old kid would imagine a "big fight". But it was cinematic, dramatic and it sold out well.

Yeah, I hear you, it's pretty easy to criticize the battle's "tactics' and "strategies," and I've done plenty of that myself.

Still, though, it was a grand spectacle, and I enjoyed watching it.

And the very end was great, when Wun Wun broke the door down, charged in, then Jon came in and took Ramsay down, hard.  That moment was a LONG time coming.