How would you rate episode 702?

Ran

How would you rate episode 702?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

2 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Arya is Arya, but is changed from the Arya that originally left Winterfell with Ned and Sansa. She is not noone. Arya failed most of the Faceless Mens tests. That storyline is season 5 and 6 was horribly written but it doesnt change the fact Arya's experiences and actions have changed her outlook on things.

As for why Nymeria didnt want to go with her, that should be obvious. Nymeria is not a pet. She recognised Arya and clearly didnt want to do her any harm, but at the same time was not about to just roll over and become a slave for her former master. Nymeria is a leader with her own pack and is also wild. She would not be easily tamed again.

If Arya is not no-one, how can she wear Walder Frey's skin and height so well?

Am I supposed to accept that Arya doing faceless man training, saving a mean actress who brutalised the girl that put a hit on her, killing another faceless man (waif), cooking some Freys and murdering a whole family is just like a glitch and she should be forgiven for all of it? Screw that, the little chick went of the deep end and I can't suddenly sympathise with her just because some fat kid calls her pretty and her wolf rejects her.

5/10

+1 for general production value (dragon heads room etc...)

In Dragonstone...

Varys Marx remembering viewers he is Varys Marx = -1 keep previous episodes recap in the recap

Missandei naked = +1 for most creative use of an aged for the show book character since Tommen

M+GW sex scene for people needing to be shown a dick isn't required to give pleasure = -1 keep this kind of material for educative channels

In King's Landing :

Cersei remembering she's just queen in title and actually trying to convince some lords to follow her = +1

"Sept blaster" Cersei describing Dothrakis as "pagans" = +0.5 as it was a good laugh

Qyburn inventing... the ballista and Cersei looking impressed = +0.5 another good laugh

Everywhere...

Tyrion praise by Daenerys, and more by Jon, Sansa and... Tyrion = -1

Jon praise by Tyrion = +0.5

Varys praise by Tyrion = +0.5 at least it's more balanced than usual

In Winterfell...

Jon taking the decision to meet Daenerys because Sam revealed him something he was already told = one more nobody could trust Stannis moment, -1

Jon giving Winterfell to the sister who publicly opposed him again in council, after forbidding her to publicly oppose him in council again in last episode = +1 for showing Sansa was right telling him to be harsher

LF smirking reaction shot in council = already seen two times, -1

LF in the crypts again = -1

Jon noticing he has nothing to do there = +1

LF being half strangled = +0.5

At the Citadel :

Making fun of people writing useless history books instead of doing what they should  : +1 for the (accidental) dig at Martin

Sam remembering the old bear = +1

a disgusting Sam at the Citadel scene + montage with food reference = already seen, -1

Arya ...

Hot Pie = +1, unexpected + it's cool to give a speaking role to this actor

Crossroads tavern (?) in the Riverlands (??) looking well provisioned and all = -0.5

Wolves and Direwolf = +1 it's so rare

Wolf scene probably leading to nothing (Arya was going north alone, Nymeria was wandering in riverlands, she's still going north alone and Nymeria still wandering, was really worth the cgi budget)  = -1

At sea...

A sand snakes dialog = -1

When two lesbian/bisexual meet they can only start some sexual affair = -1

Wow, a sea battle = +1

Euron actually looking rather convincing as a savage fighter = +1 (finally this actor wasn't completely miscast)

One more instance of erratic camera during battle, every time I see a battle in GoT and remember how they look in Vikings, I cry = -1

Some snake fu but with less twirlings than usual  = -0.5 instead of -1

-1 sand snake = +1

-1 sand snake = +1

-1 sand snake = +1  (edit : just realised the third was just prisoner, anyway let's say +0.5 for her and +0.5 for Faularia)

Theon reaction shot when a sister is brutalised = already seen, -1

= 6.5 let's say 7 as final note as I gave a 6 to the first episode and this one was clearly more interesting (+not forgetting to mention Sand Snakes are now dead)

Edited by Lord Freypie

5/10

For me this episode was just odd. I'll start with things I liked:

- A group of women sitting around a table discussing battle plans. 

- Jon grabbing LF by the neck much the same as Ned did. "If you touch my sister I'll kill you myself

- Arya sitting with Hot Pie eating. She reminded me so much of the Hound right then. 

- Sam helping Jorah

- Qyburn having Cersei pull the lever on the giant cross bow. Don't get me wrong I'll probably cry if one of the dragons die but it does even the playing field some.

- Euron's maniacal laugh when Theon jumps in the water

Things I didnt like: 

- Nymeria & Arya. I was so excited to see Nymeria but the exchange just left me confused. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see Nymeria just sniffing her & then walking away. 

- Greyworm & Missendei. So odd! I don't know what they were thinking with this scene but it was weird, awkward, & unnecessary. They could have had a sweet good bye scene if they wanted without all the naked non-sex. 

- The camera panning out to show LF looking at Sansa with his creepy looks at every single one of Jon's speeches is getting old. Yes, we know LF is conspiring & trying to manipulate. He always is. 

- My biggest gripe with this episode other than the whole thing being rushed & patched together is the Theon/Euron/Yara scene. So, directly after being tortured & mutilated by Ramsay, Theon was willing to put himself in harms way & possibly be returned to Ramsay to protect & save Sansa. After fighting in the entire battle without issue; cutting down man after man with his sword he all of a sudden goes into shell shock & cannot muster enough courage to even attempt to help his sister? I call bs. Theon isn't afraid to die. Theon would have jumped to help her even at the cost of his own life. 

I was actually entertained this episode and not thinking too much about stupid plot holes: A generous 7

First off though I have to address the ridiculous Citadel plot. Sam studies at Citadel, finds out Dragonstone has dragonglass again^^ But now he actually believes Stannis because plot reasons which conveniently must also have Davos suffer from amnesia. Then he finds magic cure of greyscale, hurray for Jorah. Also: Jorah is a knight so he gets one more day? Hurray! I won't mention Citadel further but I am so disappointed by it. No Sphinx, Marwyn the Mage, glass candles, Pate and Faceless Man.

Despite my negatives I must say that I still enjoy the show but it's so frustrating to watch at the same time. I need Winds of Winter soon.

Daenerys & Co.

+ Varys and Dany confrontation. This was LONG OVERDUE but still glad they had it finally.

+ Each member of Dany's small council is at least true to their own character. Doesn't change if some of their characters are so incredibly dumb.

- How does the Unsullied army travel to Casterly Rock? Teleportation machine I am guessing, because I am pretty sure that it's the same way by sea as Ellaria but they didn't encounter Euron it seems. If it's by land it completely negates Dany's reluctance to send foreign armies to King's Landing.

- Apparently no one dies in a siege and the common folk will definitely not starve (Season 2)

- Melisandre came to Dragonstone in the middle of a storm? Maybe I missed something.

- Cringy High Valyrian conversation and explanation of The Prince That Was Promised prophecy.

The Mad Queen:

+ Finally Cersei has a court even though the emptiness of the hall bugs me.

-/+Dialogue and scenes didn't bother me.

- "We're working on that"

- If Olenna Tyrell is in open rebellion, where is her army? Why do Tyrell bannermen just meet up at King's Landing.

- The stupid reveal of a scorpion bolt (I think it's called). Honestly is that the only one they have? How did you defend King's Landing the first time.

Arya the Mass Murderer:

+ Hot Pie I guess..? Continuing Arya's redemption journey and humanization after she was done being a mass murderer. Forgetting her scenes at the Twins it's actually a decent journey and character arc following season 6.

+ FINALLY a direwolf and how convenient that it's written out immediately. At least they had a bit of money to pump into CGI wolves.

- Not even the slightest reference to Nymeria and her wolfpack in previous seasons unlike the precious books --> pops out of nowhere

Sandra the Rightful and Robbed Queen in the North:

+ Jon is finally becoming aware of potential allies and meeting up with Tyrion and Daenerys.

+ Little Mormont girl didn't get fan service this episode but voiced a real concern that Jon was leaving.

- "My friend Sam says there is dragonglass at Dragonstone". I guess Davos didn't know that.

- Sansa and Jon. Honestly can they start discussing problems before they're in a huge council and Sansa has to act like an empowered bitch and undermine Jon. The writers are failing the characters of both Sansa and Jon in this aspect.

- Dialogue between Littlefinger and Jon. For three seasons going Littlefinger has turned from genius to moron.

Euron Greyjoy the Rockstar and sea battle:

+ I already liked new Euron besides the clothes from episode 1 and I'm glad he is being taken seriously albeit his character is helped so much by plot

+ The Euron fight scenes.

+ Death of two sand snakes. Call it fan service.

+ Euron killed two Sand Snakes with their own weapons. Thank god they're gone now.

-/+ Theon was so inconsistent last season. This episode he went from pretty weak and didn't want to  fierce warrior to Reek but I understood it this time at least. Still holding out final judgement until I see what else he'll be doing.

- Yara + Ellara dialogue

- Unrealistic sea battle. How did Euron just sail past Dragonstone? How did he sneak up and attack Greyjoy ships that easily? Why are his ships firing on the ship Euron is boarding while he's on it?

In general:

+ Some good dialogue callbacks to earlier seasons.

+ The plot is actually driven forward unlike last episode.

-/+ Not consistent with show of course but in the books Jeor Mormont wanted his son to join the Watch. It would have been nice to have that in the show now that characters are meeting up.

- The spread of information throughout Westeros in general. We need those Master of Whisperers scene and I'm annoyed by what characters know and don't know.

- Butchering Jaime's character since season 4

- Not even ONE person addressing Jon's resurrection or oathbreaking from the Watch. Nah, that's completely fine. Not even one person questions this. Not even ONE person has questioned him about the impossibility of White Walkers. We know it's true of course BUT WHY HAVEN'T THEY HAD JUST ONE CONVERSATION. GoT is supposed be like the realistic world where people doubt the words of others. Same with Daenerys' dragons.

So apparently Yara (Asha) joins Stannis as too stupid to have scouts.

Seriously getting bored by the show's dependence on twists as the only narrative technique. There needs to be more arcs with build up, like Cersei's descent into madness, and less, "Ta daaaaaa!" scenery where characters are in danger before we even remember (or care) who they are.

10 easily.; Theon and Yara, Arya, Varys and Dany just embodied their characters' feelings so well. Even Cersei, grudgingly; although she did exactly what I thought she'd do and played to people's fears. My only quibble; a big crossbow? That's what they come up with? I expected something more inventive to be honest from UnGregor creator. So glad to see Hot Pie and Nymeria again. And Billy Bones as Dickon Tarly. I can't decide if I like Olenna or not; she's just a polarizing figure from one ep to the next. And while I did initially think the Grey Worm thing was pointless and still believe it can only herald death, I liked the way that scene played out, very believable. Poor Jorah; how does he still manage to look hot with grayscale?

Edited by Sand11751

A good, strong 7.

Not happy with them desecrating Balerons skull like that but a point had to be made.

Lots of storylines being revived and settled.  After all we are coming to an end relatively soon in the TV world compared to the hoped for book version.

Dont like Jon giving control to Sansa .  Ive got a bad feeling about this.

Greyjoy and Missy, silly rabbits.  Homey dont play it like that.

Killed the kids but made Mommy look the best she has in this series.

Varys brilliant as usual.  Dany almost acceptable playing off of him.

Looks like Jorah Mormont will survive, Sam never fails a task set out for him.

Theon never fails to surprise and Euron comes into his own.

5 (and I lingered over the 4 for quite awhile).  I found this episode, for the most part, to be ridiculous.  Anybody here watch Zoo - totally stupid and entertaining show?  This ep reminded me of Zoo.  Euron 'Jack Sparrow' running down his drawbridge/claw/tentacle thing laughing with joy was beyond anything, except for the Miss/GreyWorm sex.  Are there audience segments clamoring for those two to have sex?  Why?  Dany is turning into a imperious white walker queen, is that where they are going?  Jorah has a sword in his cell?  Varys being interrogated now?  Do Jon and Sansa suffer from intermittent cousin deafness, whereby they cannot speak to each other unless they are in front of a crowd?  Looky here, Nymeria is big.  And Different.  Who would have guessed?  Cersei never went into the rooms in her castle?  Gosh, it was awful to me.  I read the comments giving it a 10 with great amazement. 

Edited by lakin1013
sp

1 hour ago, Yangster said:

- Unrealistic sea battle. How did Euron just sail past Dragonstone? How did he sneak up and attack Greyjoy ships that easily? Why are his ships firing on the ship Euron is boarding while he's on it

1. We dont know where this battle takes place. Most likely far from Dragonstone.

2. Euron's ship is called Silence that's why

3. Euron is mad. 

I put 7, but lean towards 7.5. I liked seeing the Sand Snakes (RIP, I love them in the books and were given...not as good a portrayal in the show. I also LOVED seeing Lady Olena and Tyrion's plan would've been great. Obviously Cersei did listen to Euron, as I said previously I thought he was full of it  The Wall and Jon's reaction w/Sansa & Littlefinger were cool. Again seeing Arya was cool but am disappointed that wolf wasn't Nymeria. I'm still rooting for Dany though. #TeamDany. AGGH, who else's teth were gritting during the seen at the Citadel?

4 hours ago, TyrionFan82 said:

I put 7, but lean towards 7.5. I liked seeing the Sand Snakes (RIP, I love them in the books and were given...not as good a portrayal in the show. I also LOVED seeing Lady Olena and Tyrion's plan would've been great. Obviously Cersei did listen to Euron, as I said previously I thought he was full of it  The Wall and Jon's reaction w/Sansa & Littlefinger were cool. Again seeing Arya was cool but am disappointed that wolf wasn't Nymeria. I'm still rooting for Dany though. #TeamDany. AGGH, who else's teth were gritting during the seen at the Citadel?

The direwolf was Nymeria.

You misunderstood what Arya meant by saying "its not you". She did not mean it wasnt Nymeria. It WAS Nymeria. She meant that Nymeria isnt the same as she was as Aryas companion in Winterfell. She is wild now leading her own pack and is not just going to go back to being someones pet.

I struggled to find much of worth watching here, I gave it a 1 because

-ridiculous,unnecessary GW/Misandei.seriously, who cares!

-no Bran

-Arya character becoming predictable & rather boring

-Littlefinger still lives

-sand snakes, Ellaria

On the bright side, I was REALLY happy the snakes died!

13 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

The direwolf was Nymeria.

You misunderstood what Arya meant by saying "its not you". She did not mean it wasnt Nymeria. It WAS Nymeria. She meant that Nymeria isnt the same as she was as Aryas companion in Winterfell. She is wild now leading her own pack and is not just going to go back to being someones pet.

Thanks.

I give it a 7.  It entertained me mostly all the way through.  Things are happening.  I like that there's more focus.  I like that different characters are interacting with each other, like Jorah and Sam.  The battle at the end was a nice surprise.  

The only thing I hated was Arya's reunion with Nymeria.  Arya's line being a call back to a random line from Season 1 was dumb as hell for starters.  That was awkward.  And ok, Nymeria doesn't want to be a pet or tamed anymore, but she could at least act like she gave a damn about seeing Arya for the first time in 5 years.  I don't get why Nymeria seemed to have no feelings at all about her.  This was lousy.  

It's been a hot minute since I posted on these forums, but this episode really bugged me for a couple of reasons, enough to post here and see what the response is:

1) That's Qyburn's plan? To use the exact same method of dragon-killing that felled Meraxes three centuries ago? Musta done a lot of research on that one. I also was (bitterly) amused at him assuring Cersei that dragons weren't invulnerable while standing in the middle of more than a dozen dragon skulls, only one of which went from head to skull as a result of death by old age. What's his backup plan? Convince Dany to put all her dragons in a lair, and have the common folk attack them?

2) Where the hell is Bran?! Jon knows the deployment of the NW, he has plenty of time to get a raven from Dragonstone...no one in Castle Black though to send him a raven bearing the "Hey, we found your brother" message?

3) Who is now in control of the Twins? You would think knowing the answer to that question would play pretty significantly in everyone's war planning (like, if there's a Stark bannerman put in charge, that pretty much closes off the North to conquest by anything other than dragons...) And how is this not discussed at Jon's meeting? Jaime and Cersei mention knowing about it in Episode 1. While we're at it, who controls the Riverlands (assuming Emmon Frey was among the dead)...Gemma Lannister?

Edited by Codename: Nymeria