How would you rate episode 702?

Ran

How would you rate episode 702?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

17 minutes ago, NickStark2494 said:

If Jon pulls out an Iphone 7 next episode would you be cool with that ? No, because it makes no sense in this world.

Big difference between this and what I was talking about though. Of course I wont be cool with iphone . But in a world with dragons , zombies and wargs is it  so damn awful that a ship can sneak onto another ship ? 

Everyrthing you listed in your previous post  is nitpicking. If you truly enjoy this show you wouldn't have cared so much about those illogical things. I guess that's the difference between you and me , I enjoy this show and is willing to look beside small mistakes. 

- Storm hits Dragonstone: Daenerys grills Varys about his shifty loyalties. Not a bad scene. A bit of dramaturgy creeping in. Whoever wrote it is at least a season late in explaining why Daenerys doesn't kill him, but ... hey, better late than never +1/2 (cannot bring myself to give it a whole point)

- Melisandra arrives at Dragonstone: she is basically a vehicle for introducing Jon Snow to Daenerys. Myssande fills in for maester Aemon with dragon gender explanation. At least someone is trying to tie some loose ends and fill enormous gaps left after a thorough butchery of the books. +1/2

King's Landing:

- Cersei is spreading fake news 0

- Jamie is attempting to be a diplomat trying to win Randell Tarly over. Not badly acted +1/2

- Cyburn creates a dragon killing machine. The whole scene is devoid of logic -1/2

Citadel:

- Sam meets Jorah. Finds out he is a Mormont. Some grayscale background. Meh. +1/2

War council:

- Bland in every way 0

- Daenerys get an advice from Queen of Thornes. How many times do the writers need to drive home the same old "power is power"? Is this all the old lady has learned during her long life? Should have gotten -1, but acting was ok. Even Emilia is tolerable this season. Good makeup. +1/2

Greyworm/Myssande having sex: one word - cringe -1

Citadel 2:

- Sam basically reveals to his mentor that he is stealing books from the restricted section by saying he knows how to cure greyscale. (where is Professor Snape when we need him?) Then he basically flays Jorah (where are the Boltons when we need them?) There is no logic whatsoever in the whole sequence. 0

Arya/Hotpie: good caracterisation, decently acted. However, director should have worked more on the moment Arya changes her mind and decides to go home. This is monumental for her. The moment didn't look like that in the show. But, still .... + 1

Jon Snow wants to warm up:

- not a bad sequence. Tolerable compared to other. Jon deserves to go south a bit. +1

Jon Snow in the crypts:

- fan service scene. Why should Jon Snow dislike Littlefinger who saved him? He doesn't know what we know. He knows nothing. So, the whole scene doesn't make any sense. But, D&D obviously do not care for psychological motivation. -1

Arya meets Nymeria:

- the best scene of the episode. Well acted. Finallly there is money for some direwolf CGI. But, where is Ghost? +2

Euron kills Sandsnakes and other people:

- the whole sequence is expensive nonsense. Badly acted apart from Theon. But, instead of -1 I will give it +1 due to 2 points awarded to Euron for killing idiotic show Sandsnakes and Theon for regressing into Reek under pressure

So, the final count is 5. 

Edited by Modesty Lannister
Typos

4/10

Daenerys's war council was boring (no, Varys didn't convince me at all, if I were her, I wouldn't believe a word). The Lannisters were bland. I hope Jaime's not going to stay like this until the end of the series...

Next, did I want to see a truly romantic scene between Greyworm and Missandei spoiled by nudity and sex? No. Did I want to see Asha (I don't even remember the show name and I don't care) and Ellaria make out? No. Same for Asha being (probably) killed and Theon breaking down again.

On the plus side: we had Arya with her bitter experiences and Sam becoming increasingly more mature (I'd never thought I'd follow his subplot with such interest). They both saved the episode for me.

14 hours ago, NickStark2494 said:

They did not address Dragonstone being empty, and they did not pardon Stannis followers. I have no idea where you got that idea from. That line about pardoning those who served the wrong King was referring to Varys. We saw last week that Dragonstone was indeed empty, there were no Stannis followers.

Well how would you know that? It could refer to anybody including people at dragonstone who may or may not have been there. :dunno: 

I give it a 5. It wasn't as bad as last week, but some things were really stupid. ( the Sand Snakes, Tyrion's plan, Jon and Sansa discussing nothing apparently, Nymeria leaving because of the CGI budget). The rest was ok though.

18 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

It could, it they weren't discussing Vary's loyalty to the wrong king about 20 seconds earlier.

I thought they were discussing how Varys had no loyalty to any king and changed his allegiance more frequently than his underwear if he deemed necessary. But fine, maybe it was about Varys. 

27 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I thought they were discussing how Varys had no loyalty to any king and changed his allegiance more frequently than his underwear if he deemed necessary. But fine, maybe it was about Varys. 

It was definitely about Varys, since Varys starts mouthing off at Melisandre for her previous allegiance to Stannis, and Dany decides she doesn't want to hear it.

As for why Dragonstone is empty, well... I guess show-Stannis was (even more) of an idiot than they already made him and emptied his castle when he went north.

I feel generous and rate this a 5.

This episode, for once, contained barely anything offensive or outright stupid - which was quite a surprise. The plan to invade Westeros is horrible and doesn't follow in-universe logic but simply plot and season-structure requirements. But hey, little makes sense in the plot of this show now, and if we ignore that, some scenes are quite enjoyable when taken out of its illogical context. I liked Arya's scene with Nymeria - she became more interesting as a character again (though I fear this won't last). I don't know how Euron learnt to cast fireballs, but the battle looked quite alright. Sam's scenes were not bad. And lots of people remembered stuff from previous episodes, which was almost shocking.

The script is still terrible, however, as is the direction. There are so many reaction shots, just to show us the faces of all the actors they hired. Apart from Greyworm's and Missandei's scene, Sam and Theon, there was very little truly decent acting - Jon and LF in the catacombs was awful, for example. At least the director's had a good excuse: How would you give directions if the last 20 episodes have given you no clue about characters arcs, or just, you now, character.

Still, it was almost watchable.

15 hours ago, NickStark2494 said:

Thinking that logic is unnecessary is a sign of extreme stupidity. Unfortunately, it seems that you are indeed suffering from that affliction

Stupid??? Dont call me stupid  little shit. 

The funniest modern reference so far this season was when the Lannister army men ask Arya, "Are you old enough to drink?" WTF!!!!!

I liked this episode, I do kinda hate the fact that the sand snakes show up on the ships, which would mean in any rational world that the ship were RETURNING from Drone, of course, they weren't returning to Dorne but going there which just makes this another continuity error. D and D make a lot of those...

6 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

The funniest modern reference so far this season was when the Lannister army men ask Arya, "Are you old enough to drink?" WTF!!!!!

Actually, in book 1, when Sansa goes on a short roadtrip with Joffrey, she also says to him that she's only allowed 1 cup of wine at a dinner. Joffrey of course replies that she is his fiancée and that she can drink as much as she likes.

Arya is younger then Sansa, so the question is not all that weird. Apparently, even in Westeros, people couldn't appreciate drunken kids and understood that alcohol and small children don't mix that well.

Also, Jon may not be pleased that he isn't sitting with his siblings, this is compensated by the fact that he can now drink as much as he likes, because Ned and Cat cannot keep an eye on him.

Edited by Ser Walter of AShwood

36 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Actually, in book 1, when Sansa goes on a short roadtrip with Joffrey, she also says to him that she's only allowed 1 cup of wine at a dinner. Joffrey of course replies that she is his fiancée and that she can drink as much as she likes.

Arya is younger then Sansa, so the question is not all that weird. Apparently, even in Westeros, people couldn't appreciate drunken kids and understood that alcohol and small children don't mix that well.

Also, Jon may not be pleased that he isn't sitting with his siblings, this is compensated by the fact that he can now drink as much as he likes, because Ned and Cat cannot keep an eye on him.

A rule by parents is different from a rule by law. There is no particular age restriction by law and we're not talking about a child here, let alone a small one! The GoT wiki approximates her S7 age at 17. That's comfortably an adult in Westerosi culture.

That said, they were only really teasing her, so I didn't have a major issue with it in concept. It's the line itself that didn't quite work because it suggested there is an official legal age restriction, which there isn't.

8 hours ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Why is Davos oblivious to the fact there's dragon glass on Dragonstone? Also why has this site been so slow over the last few days?

This site always gets slow when the show season starts, thousands and thousands of new users find the place...

Far better than the first episode. I have to admit I stood up and jumped when Jon hit Little Finger. Jon choking LF was like Ned choking him in season 1. I loved it. 

Liked a lot that Hot Pie made his come back <3 Now I want some Gendry. The Nymeria scene was a bit weak as how it ended, but good, not bad. The suspense when Arya started feeling cold was great. For a second I thought a white walker had made its way south the Wall. 

Overall, an 8. 

6 hours ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

They should hire some temporary staff for the season to help this site run smoothly and prevent it from being almost inaccessible.  

More staff doesn't help with running a website during a peak period though, better server hardware does. Either costs a lot of money though.