[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

Forgot to mention this is my earlier post but I loved Lyanna agreeing with the other Lords of the North that Jon should stay in Winterfell.  She was becoming a one trick pony... I like her a lot and hope they show her as more than just "sassy young girl talking down to old men"

The moment with Reek/Theon abandoning Yara, the Sandsnakes getting killed easily, Euron being a maniacal badass with that laugh and coming down alone sort of like Victarion in the books...pretty much everything in that final battle was great.

I also really enjoyed Dany's scenes early in the episode, with Varys delivering an awesome speech and Melisandre showing up.  Arya, Hot Pie, Nymeria reunion also was great.

Varys/Dany conversation

Yara trying to avoid Elaria ridiculing Theon

The uncomfortable encounter of Arya and Hot Pie. It is not like back in Seasons 2/3 an Hot Pie feels it. Arya has changed, and not necessarily to the better.

The Crossbow. I always considered using dragons in a war as cheating.

Loved that this episode's initial plan was crushed at the end. Without the Greyjoy fleet Tyrion has to think over his setting and so does the audience. This is how a serie's final should feel like - full of possibilities.

Loved that Daenerys developed a concept for loyalty. She won't punish someone like a Kingslayer, but she won't just pardon him either. The comparison to Aerys or Robert were important, I think.

Loved that Nymeria singled Arya out. Arya likely has more to do than just take the way back home, if she wants to become 'someone' again. Lady Stoneheart shows presence in Arya's and Sansa's actions, it seems. I would be fine with that.

Loved Theon's Reek as a contrasting concept of resilience next to Arya's. I feel he did the right thing without nessesarily doing a self-less thing. A bit more grey than the show dared to be some time ago.

Loved that there is a weapon against dragons. Didn't love that dragon weapon, though. Crossbows have a short reach, so a dragon could easily burn it.

22 hours ago, RobertF said:

Clearly the best scene was Sam scraping greyscale off of Jonah Mormont, followed by the transition to Hot Pie eating a gooey, yellow, crusty pudding. Mmmmmm :P

There were a couple of fun editing transitions. Grey Worm in bed with Missandei, then Jim Broadbent grabbing a book just a little too forcefully.

All Arya scenes were great, I especially liked the one when she turned her horse around and rode north. Loved that she reunited with Hot Pie. 

I loved all the continuity, that they addressed the pies, the Stannis people at Dragonstone, the Jon&Tyrion scenes from season 1, the poisoned wine. 

The Melisandre scene was good, it was lazy but efficient way to tie Jon and Daenerys together. 

And even though it was completely stolen from the Hobbit (or whichever classical fantasy story first used giant arrows to take out dragons), I liked Qyburn's huge crossbow because it's a crossbow. And crossbow is the classic weapon of Lannister lunacy. It tied in perfectly with Joffrey's crossbow mania. And in the odd case that Tyrion turns out to be Aerys's bastard (I'm hoping they aren't taking that route), I would very much like to see him shot down from dragonback with a giant crossbow. 

I liked Sam, it's nice of him to want to help Jorah because he knew his dad. And playing the ruler breaker at Old Town is all kinds of Harry Potter vibes. Sam is nice and his slightly cliche rulebreaking is advancing the plot in a simply and lazy, but still effective way. Go Sam. 

I liked Jon. This is the first time in years that I liked Jon. I liked him with the lords, I liked him LF, I liked that trusting Winterfell to her finally shut Sansa up too. I wonder why she didn't say she wanted to be lady/queen in the first place. Oh well. 

And I looooove the fact that we finally got rid of Ellaria, the sandsnakes and Yara. Now we just need to get rid of Theon, LF, Cersei, Euron, Arya/Sansa, Mel, Davos, Grey Worm, Missandei, Meera, Qyburn, the Mountain and we can finally focus on wrapping this story up. 

On 7/23/2017 at 10:22 PM, Wolves Die Young said:

Which scenes/moments made you happy, enthustiastic, excited, thrilled or invoked other positive emotions in you? It can be big or small things!

Remember this thread has no negativity or hatred, it's a safe place for us who want to share our favourite parts of the show!

I loved this episode because it is Dany centric.  All her scenes were enjoyable.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

And I looooove the fact that we finally got rid of Ellaria, the sandsnakes and Yara. Now we just need to get rid of Theon, LF, Cersei, Euron, Arya/Sansa, Mel, Davos, Grey Worm, Missandei, Meera, Qyburn, the Mountain and we can finally focus on wrapping this story up  Ghost

I am very much in favor of killing off the bolded to streamline the plot.  I would add Jon to the list of those I want to bump off but it's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

I am very much in favor of killing off the bolded to streamline the plot.  I would add Jon to the list of those I want to bump off but it's not going to happen.

You know at this point I'm not sure I want Jon to die. Daenerys is an ass, Sansa is so, I'm not a huge Tyrion fan, so who else is there to support? I do like Sam, to be sure. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

You know at this point I'm not sure I want Jon to die. Daenerys is an ass, Sansa is so, I'm not a huge Tyrion fan, so who else is there to support? I do like Sam, to be sure. 

Jon is the ass.  He's the one who should die.  

On 7/23/2017 at 10:22 PM, Wolves Die Young said:

Which scenes/moments made you happy, enthustiastic, excited, thrilled or invoked other positive emotions in you? It can be big or small things!

Remember this thread has no negativity or hatred, it's a safe place for us who want to share our favourite parts of the show!

1. Dragonstone.  All great scenes.  Dany is the Princess That Was Promised.  Loved that scene.  Ollena Tyrell was splendid.
  2. Sea battle.  
  3. Jorah and Samwell. 

Archived