[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

I lowered my expectations in every way possible after the e1, but there were a few things in the e2 that I enjoyed.

1) Conleth Hill's acting was on point, he saved the scene. I wish he would have added "and from the daughter of the Mad King" to his last line while swearing the oath. It would have been more like Varys.

2) Randyll Tarly aka The Voice of Reason in this chaos

3) The sea battle was the most spectacular battle scene since the BoBW in s3

4) I liked Jon's line about leaving WF to Sansa and Starks in WF

5) Arya/Nymeria scene was 50/50. I liked Maisie Williams's acting, but the scene wasn't wthought through. That's why the showrunners had to explain it afterwards.

My favourites are in the details, since all of the scenes mostly consisted of stuff that really bothered or downright annoyed me.

I liked seeing Hot Pie again, he looked super happy and it made me happy too. And I loved hearing that he still thinks that wearing an armour automatically makes you a knight. You go HP, pls never change

That moment in the Ironborn battle scene where Theon gets PTSD'd and out comes Reek. I was surprised when this happened, but it was brilliant acting on Allen's part.

Jon pinning LF against the wall was very satisfying to watch, although the whole scene seemed odd and pointless. (And LF was such an idiot to reveal where he is planning to put his little finger.)

2/3 Sand Snakes are out. I guess I should give Euron a little more credit because of that. Ok, I'll send him flowers once he's finished the third one.

26 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

I liked seeing Hot Pie again, he looked super happy and it made me happy too. And I loved hearing that he still thinks that wearing an armour automatically makes you a knight. You go HP, pls never change

Oh, I'm not the only one! Hot Pie looking happy is like a little light in Westeros. At least someone is happy. Lol.

__

Varys, Arya and Euron. The best ones in this ep!

On 7/23/2017 at 10:22 PM, Wolves Die Young said:

Which scenes/moments made you happy, enthustiastic, excited, thrilled or invoked other positive emotions in you? It can be big or small things!

Remember this thread has no negativity or hatred, it's a safe place for us who want to share our favourite parts of the show!

All the scenes in the locations below.

1. Dragonstone
  2. The Citadel

Dany's meeting with her council, Dany and Mel talking Valyrian, and the sea battle.  I enjoyed all of Dany's scenes.  I wish more minutes were given to Dragonstone. 

Yara should have posted a lookout.  That was poor seamanship on her part.  Good thing the bulk of Dany's fleet is still at anchor.  It would not surprise me at all if the Dothraki have secretly landed on the mainland already.  Dragonstone is too small to house that many men and their horses. 

I hope we get to see Drogon barbecue Bron, Jaime, Randyll, and Qyburn.   Can't wait to see the Unsullied in action.  I don't think we will get to see them form their awesome battlefield square though.  At least we may get to see the Dothraki in battle. 

I hope the show is really serious about a Sansa-Jon confrontation because it could add some interesting drama to an otherwise dull Winterfell plot.  Let's see Sansa stab Jon in the back or vice versa.  Baelish is next to useless so far.  He needs to stir the pot and kill one of the Starks.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau looked dreamy in his armour!

The battle scene was the highlight of the episode for me, and not just because two sand snakes died. Euron's entrance, although a bit action movie star-like, was cool! And we got to see a bit of Victarion in show Euron.

Also, Arya meeting Hot Pie was interesting. It was awkward, which indicated that Arya might be closer to being no one than she thinks.

Jon acknowledging Sansa as the Warden/Queen in the north was heartwarming.

5 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

Dany's meeting with her council, Dany and Mel talking Valyrian, and the sea battle.  I enjoyed all of Dany's scenes.  I wish more minutes were given to Dragonstone. 

Yara should have posted a lookout.  That was poor seamanship on her part.  Good thing the bulk of Dany's fleet is still at anchor.  It would not surprise me at all if the Dothraki have secretly landed on the mainland already.  Dragonstone is too small to house that many men and their horses. 

I hope we get to see Drogon barbecue Bron, Jaime, Randyll, and Qyburn.   Can't wait to see the Unsullied in action.  I don't think we will get to see them form their awesome battlefield square though.  At least we may get to see the Dothraki in battle. 

I hope the show is really serious about a Sansa-Jon confrontation because it could add some interesting drama to an otherwise dull Winterfell plot.  Let's see Sansa stab Jon in the back or vice versa.  Baelish is next to useless so far.  He needs to stir the pot and kill one of the Starks.

In my opinion in season 8 they are gonna have sansa and jon end up together

On 7/24/2017 at 0:51 AM, dmc515 said:

Erm, Robb's letter may resurface in the books, or may not.  If Jon becomes kitn in the books he will win it in the same basic way he did in the show:  on the battlefield.  The letter is just a cherry on top.

Also, I don't think Karstark or Mormont have raised-in-the-castle and acknowledged-but-not-legitimized bastards. He is 'the bastard of winterfell'. He was raised and owned by Ned. Medieval styles this makes sense. If Lyanna had a 20 y/o well respected half bro by her dad maybe he would be lord M

On 7/26/2017 at 1:03 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Jon chocking Littlefinger. I could watch that all day.

That's just fan service from the show to Jon's fans.  I thought the scene was out of place and didn't really make sense except to highlight the fact that Jon is ill-tempered and has poor self-control.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, Bowen 747 said:

You might get your wish.  I dearly hope you get all of those.  It will be just like Christmas.

Anyhoo, what I loved about this episode?  Two story arcs.  First and most importantly, Dany on Dragonstone with her council and the way she put the questions to Varys.  The meeting with Mel was great.  Secondly, Ser Jorah getting treatment at the citadel.  I never liked Samwell but he is tolerable as long as he helps anybody on team Dany.  He's doing something good and worthwhile.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, Bowen 747 said:

I expect you will be disappointed.  The only loser in that silly drama will be Littlefinger.  It's too bad.  He's way more interesting than any of the Starks.  Ramsay would be skinning Jon right now, wearing a pure white direwolf pelt, and doing daily archery practice on the wildlings if it were not for Littlefinger coming to the rescue.   Better drama should come in the form of Petyr taking down Sansa before he goes out.  He needs to take out at least one of the Stark girls.  Taking out someone insignificant like Podrick is just going to end up dull.

Archived