Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future Null Infinity

What's the point of the reintroduction of Reek?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The only reason Theon survived the Northern plotline is because he is meant to kill Euron and sit the Salt Throne.  Yara will be so impressed with Little Theon she will give up her claim and declare for her brother.

I don't think Yara will be making it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait. Isn't Yara dead? Wasn't she hanging from the front of Euron's lead ship? Maybe she wasn't but that was what I decided after staring at the dark silhouette  of the ship and trying to figure out what the freaking hell happened in that scene.

 

and I have no idea what was the point of bringing reek back. Theon should die. Regressing back to reek and then suddenly being all fine to sit the sea salt throne all of a sudden is a ridiculous notion. If they want him to rule the Iron islands in the end, he should be PROGRESSING as we speak. Also, Theon doesn't have it in him physically or emotionally to defeat Euron. He never did. Not even before Ramsay.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whip Snake (Nym) was dangling by her whip and Spear Snake (Obera) was pinned to the prow by her spear. That Euron's a bit of an artist, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope that Theon will not join Gendry in his endless sea journey, I don't see a bright future for Yara, Ellaria and Tyene with Cersei, it looks like that it's the end of the ironborn rebels plot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I just hope that Theon will not join Gendry in his endless sea journey, I don't see a bright future for Yara, Ellaria and Tyene with Cersei, it looks like that it's the end of the ironborn rebels plot

I think Ellaria and Tyene begged to be killed instead of being captured cause they know what Euron and his Merry men will do to them. Did Tyene survive as she has some unfinished business with Bronn? perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pinoyathletics said:

I think Ellaria and Tyene begged to be killed instead of being captured

They are already captured by Euron, they are the "gift"

40 minutes ago, pinoyathletics said:

Did Tyene survive as she has some unfinished business with Bronn? perhaps.

Please, no more "bad pussy" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i was Euron, i would have sent men in the water after Theon. Outside of Yara, he is the biggest threat. pussified or not, he is a greater threat for the Iron Island throne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 6:58 AM, Sand11751 said:

PTSD doesn't just disappear overnight or because a person forces themselves through each day. Right before Theon jumps, he's got the triggers of his uncle's men mutilating people. Just like Ramsay did to Reek. Then Euron's complete control over Yara. Just like Ramsay with Sansa. I'm surprised Theon managed a fight at all up until that point. 

I agree - PTSD is why Theon/Reek jumped.  He has been the object of evil before and to not want to be it again is perfectly rational. I do think he has a role to play, if only to have the story end with some of the big houses left with bastards or broken people in charge - Baratheon or Greyjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 2:18 AM, snow is the man said:

I don't think that was him being reek. He looked around and realized he was screwed and his only chance at survival was going overboard. I would not have wanted to be in euron's hands.

IDK about that.

His Facial expressions were very much like Reeks.

 

With that said he had only 2 choices.  Charge Euron and die, or jump overboard and live to fight another day.  I think the scene would have been better without the facial twitches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that he fled suggests to me that he wants to survive. This doesn't indicate a reintroduction of Reek to me. I see more Theon now. He did what he had to do to survive. Reek would have just... Sat there.

Also, I didn't see any real shock on Yara's face. A little disappointment, but you'd think she'd be devastated. I think she told him to flee if she ever got caught. She was never selfish and she adored her little brother. She'd want to see him survive so I think his feeling was at her command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lady Noble said:

The fact that he fled suggests to me that he wants to survive. This doesn't indicate a reintroduction of Reek to me. I see more Theon now. He did what he had to do to survive. Reek would have just... Sat there.

Also, I didn't see any real shock on Yara's face. A little disappointment, but you'd think she'd be devastated. I think she told him to flee if she ever got caught. She was never selfish and she adored her little brother. She'd want to see him survive so I think his feeling was at her command.

The only thing he could have done was get her killed quicker which if you factor in what is probably gonna happen it would be a blessing if he had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ummester said:

Whip Snake (Nym) was dangling by her whip and Spear Snake (Obera) was pinned to the prow by her spear. That Euron's a bit of an artist, it seems.

I have to admit that bit of them on the front of the ship is bada**.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.7.2017 at 7:50 AM, pinoyathletics said:

I think definitley, when Ellaria asked Theon to go and pour her a drink. This triggered Trauma and his Reek charateristic to come back. When he says no really I dont mind. That was him entering his submissive state, which is Reek. If Euron and Yara die. Does this mean in the TV Series that Theon is now the last of the Grey Joys?

I agree! Theon's recovery and this moment in particular seem pretty realistic (in opposite to Sansa who brushed off her trauma apparently). I don't know if Theon survives the series, but I'm positive he won't "die like a Reek" (did this line make it to the show?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 11:00 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

Can't D&D just try to advance the story and stop making all those throwbacks?

That is a very good Question. At this point, what does Theon do for the story anymore/anyway? Note that Alfie Allen is the most underrated actor/actress on this show and should have been nominated and won the Best supporting Emmy 2 years ago that was shamefully handed to Dinklage for that one obnoxious line "I am the Gift".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

That is a very good Question. At this point, what does Theon do for the story anymore/anyway? Note that Alfie Allen is the most underrated actor/actress on this show and should have been nominated and won the Best supporting Emmy 2 years ago that was shamefully handed to Dinklage for that one obnoxious line "I am the Gift".

I dunno Dinklage best moment was the speech about being the monstrous crime of being a dwarf during his trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't personally think Theon was Reek again in this moment, there's not actually any reason to draw this assumption. I didn't notice anyone call him Reek, or hear him refer to himself as Reek. I thought the man's freaking out because the situation is horrific, and his decision to jump ship was a pretty sensible reaction. What he went through as Reek would traumatise most people for life, it's hardly far-fetched to see similar facial features under this circumstance to his experiences as Reek. What a pedantic thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fiery Heart said:

I didn't personally think Theon was Reek again in this moment, there's not actually any reason to draw this assumption. I didn't notice anyone call him Reek, or hear him refer to himself as Reek. I thought the man's freaking out because the situation is horrific, and his decision to jump ship was a pretty sensible reaction. What he went through as Reek would traumatise most people for life, it's hardly far-fetched to see similar facial features under this circumstance to his experiences as Reek. What a pedantic thread.  

I think this scene was out of the character for the show, that's why it left many viewers confused. GoT has a long record of totally forgetting character's traumas when it's no longer serves an immediate plot development. Sansa doesn't show any PTSD, Cersei doesn't grieve for her son, Jaime is fine with his one hand, Sandor doesn't show any fear of fire.

Theon's character is unusually consistent for the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×