POV's You'd Like to See?

LordMarek

Future Books:

Meera Reed - Info on Howland and events in the cave.

Jeyne Poole - Info on the missing year, plus events at the Wall and (maybe) Braavos

Osha - What's up with Rickon?

Past Books:

Robb Stark - See the war and Jeyne Westerling from his POV.

3 hours ago, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

Littlefinger

That would probably give too much away and the story isn't really about him.  Jeyne Poole might know some stuff, though.

5 hours ago, Fishb20 said:

Joffrey

That would be like wading in a cesspool.  Blech!

I would like that any chapter had a different POV character, so that no character had two chapters.

So: Euron, Pod, Bronn, Stannis, Taena, Lysa (on Tyrion's trial), Qyburn, Bem Plumm, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Ramsay, Dacey (Red Wedding), Janos(when Tyrion sends him to the Wall), the Ghost of High Heart, Jeyne P., Jeyne W., Robb, Edmure, Val, Sweets, Wex, Wyman, Barbrey, etc, etc. 

47 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

Jon, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Dany, Sansa.

He needs to get this back on track.

Agreed.

All I'm hoping for from Winds of Winter is for him to get everything back in focus and moving forward - as much as I enjoyed Feast and Dance, there were many of these "minor" POVs who were unnecessary, or story arcs that these POVs were involved in that could have been just told from one major point of view, which would have lead to these minor characters being more well-rounded and the plot lines being more coherent. eg. Telling the Dorne storyline from only Arianne's point of view. I mean, why was the chapter involving her and Arys told from his point of view? Just why? Why not hers? I makes no logical sense to me. 

I just really would like for him to stop spreading all of these things out across a plethora of different POVs, many of which lack an interesting character to keep me hooked. Just get the focus back on to the major characters we started with and have been established as such in the first three books, such as Bran, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Dany, and stop wasting time on minor characters who will more than likely amount to nothing in the end. That, and make some of these "minor" POVs who have plot lines that just have to be concluded now into major POVs (as said earlier, Arianne is a perfect example of this) and scrap unnecessary POVs such as Hotah and the such.

This being said, I think it would be good to get a glimpse into the Tyrell camp if nothing else. A Margaery point of view would be welcomed, especially with where Dance left off.

• 7 months later...

Archived