POV's You'd Like to See?

LordMarek

A Ghiscari master point of view character would be awesome.  To see the world through the eyes of someone who was the master and owner of men could be mind blowingly dramatic.  Someone like Kraznys mo Naklos.  A master from Mantarys.  A tokar from Yunkai.

22 hours ago, Winterfell Weirwood said:

The Night's King. Even if he doesn't exist as such in the books, it's possible somehow it could be shown through Bran. Would love to see an actual reason and motive behind the WW's desire to destroy everything.

Ah, but do they really want to destroy everything?  It sure looks that way but things can be deceiving.  One of the justifications for going to war in Vietnam was to stop the spread of communism.  Which to me (mind, that was way before my time and the social sciences is not my area) seems like it was the belief that the communists were coming to get us so we needed to stop them in their tracks overseas.  

@Kandrax

It's not just about not having Jon's POV anymore. I like Jon and his chapters a lot.

The point would be to prevent us from beign sure that he is dead / will come back to life, plus having his vacancy filled by his very antagonist (who also happens to be a great potential POV).

31 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

We'll never see it but Varys and Baelish. Just once even.

For sometime I've been wondering how much fun it would be if after the series is completed, GRRM would release a book recounting ASOIAF through the eyes of Varys and LF.

Won't happen, I know. But it'd be fun.

3 hours ago, Ckram said:

For sometime I've been wondering how much fun it would be if after the series is completed, GRRM would release a book recounting ASOIAF through the eyes of Varys and LF.

Won't happen, I know. But it'd be fun.

The Ender's Shadow of ASOIAF I'd dig it.

17 hours ago, Natruviath said:

FYI there is a Melisandre chapter in ADWD

Yes!

Perfect or timing for this as I am in the middle of a ADWD reread and just finished her chapter. 

I probably would have edited it, but you caught me out.

I would certainly welcome More Melisandre.

Ser Lothor Brune.

We'd get to see his interactions with Baelish, Brune watching and being privy to the comings and goings of Alayne, Brune watching Oswell Kettleblack, Brune sizing up other knights in the Vale (especially Lyn Corbray), and some rated-R thoughts about Mya Stone.  I'd like to see what Lothor thinks of the nobles turning up for Robin Arryn's tournament, as well as what he thinks of Myranda Royce.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:07 PM, LindsayLohan said:

I'd like to see what Lothor thinks of the nobles turning up for Robin Arryn's tournament, as well as what he thinks of Myranda Royce.

In the books, his name is Robert Arryn. Robin is just in the show.

Walder Frey and Petyr Baelish for me. As Prologue or Epilogue Chapters, ideally.

I think Old Walder's got one of the most fascinating stories in the series. He's always played it safe in previous wars: Never actively getting involved but always having an excuse ready "Oh we were on our way" and so on. Then he got greedy, totally supported Robb's campaign only to be betrayed and dishonoured. so he switched sides and now he's cursed, the heirs whose lives he used to take for granted are suddenly dropping like flies and the bloke he was dependant on for protection is dead.

How is he taking this? Is he starting to worry? And how did the Red Wedding actually come about? At first I thought it was Walder's idea for revenge but, after a few re-reads, I can't help but wonder if it was Tywin's price for a pardon. Tywin ordered the deaths of Rhaenys and Aegon as way to prove to Robert that he'd never go back to House Targaryen. Would he ask any less of the Freys and the Boltons?

Littlefinger really needs no explanation but I'd particularly like to know whether he DID actually love Cat or whether his desire for her, even as a child, was because she was third in line to Riverrun. Is he the spurned "nice guy" who turned evil when his true love rejected him or has he always been a bitter sociopath?

Archived