[Spoilers] Rant and Rave with Impunity

4 minutes ago, nara said:

Off topic, but does anyone else think that their new show Confederate sounds a lot like The Man in the High Castle?

I do not know about that but I am more worried about the subject matter of the show instigating the ones who are always looking to be offended etc. It will get a lot of exposure because they are the creators of AGOT.

5 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

So you cut the season down from 10 episodes to 7 and we get what...10 minutes of Grey Worm and Missandei nubbing each other?  Don't get me wrong Missandei is gorgeous, but damn.... too much time put on them.  

I'm constantly baffled by things like this. They say there's too much book to put on the show, but yet we get how many minutes of this pointless romance? how many minutes of brothels and Podrick... You could easily swap all that out for a Lady Stoneheart, or a proper Dorne, etc...

Did not like:

* Eunuch sex

* Oldtown still boring

* Maaama, Maaama

* Messy fight on the ships. It was so dark, sometimes I could not figure out if it is Euron or some other random Ironborn guy. They all look the same in the night.

* Littlefinger having lost his ability to choose his words wisely.

* Well, Jon  s h o u l d  at least have said "Thank you".

* Missandei correcting Dany in High Valirian.  Better solution: Tyrion understood the prince/princess meaning wrong and got corrected by Dany.

41 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

BTW, serious question did "bad pussy" snake die? IDK

Bad Pussy is the surviving [and now captive] Sand Snake, along with her Mama, Mama, Mama.

(Whether they kept her alive because she's technically the heiress at this point, with all the narrative potential that implies especially as it pertains to a Bronn return, or because the "Bad Pussy" line proves she's their favorite, I'll leave up to you)

5 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

The fast cuts during the battle were horrific. 

A couple people I've talked to elsewhere said they initially thought Yara got crushed by the gangplank until she showed up later.

Very weird editing.

I did not the like:

Too much screentime for Missandei and Grey Worm. They are cute I guess, but who cares?

Captain Obvious Yara. The way she said "Euron" was so cheesy.

Dany's face has been devoid of any expression in the last two episodes.

I liked Arya and Nymeria , though this will probably be the only screentime the wolves will get this season. I think Euron's actor does a job this season. I'm glad the Sand Snakes soon will be all gone. I also liked Tyrion's note to Jon. Finally, I like that so many characters meet this season.

Like:

Fightscene was good.

Dislike:

Putting in one last ridiculously bad Sand Snake dialogue in order to get me as the reader to get on board with not just the death of two of them but the gangrape of the youngest as their captor's grin, Ellaria begging for death for both of them and Tyene being left behind with the group while her mother is led upstairs implied. This is not how you win me over, show. You could have just started writing them as adults at any time.

Even Ned's statue has more emotion than Emilia.

I can look past many things...but why the hell did they give Missandei and Greyworm so much screen time? It's like they're pushing this relationship down everyone's throats. So much air time wasted over the years on their 'relationship'. I will be so happy if one of them (or both) die.

From what I've read they cut out a scene with Ghost from this episode.

the directors or emilia must think that acting regal is just be as deadpanned as possible

with emilia, since she's not a great actress, she can't pull the regal look, it just looks forced as hell
she was fine in first season playing the vulnerable sister, but now the showrunners want her be in her badass mode all the time

56 minutes ago, Nami said:

the directors or emilia must think that acting regal is just be as deadpanned as possible

with emilia, since she's not a great actress, she can't pull the regal look, it just looks forced as hell
she was fine in first season playing the vulnerable sister, but now the showrunners want her be in her badass mode all the time

Pretty much. The problem is Emilia never pulls off badass looks or emotion very well.

Maisie Williams does a fantastic job of portraying a mix of emotions in a single expression or portraying a badass with a single look. For example, the look on her face after killing Walder Frey or how she basically channeled the Hound in her interactions with Hot Pie in last nights episode and did a great job of demonstrating how Arya is more emotionally detached than she used to be. 

Lena Heady is also very good at displaying badass looks and emotions. Lenas expressions as she watched the sept of baelor destruction was brilliant.

Emilia though just comes across as deadpan the whole time. She does not do emotions well and to me has never given the impression of badass from her acting.

23 hours ago, ser jaime canister said:

Probably the dumbest thing I can think of in the episode was Jorah having a sword in his cell (or whatever you want to call it) in the Citadel. They know he's infected with greyscale, they know that he's going to lose his mind (as happens to individuals suffering from the disease) and they know that he was a knight who could easily kill most of them (if not with his sword then certainly by infection), and yet they didn't confiscate his weapon. They didn't even post a guard by the door.

Because Jorah is a nobleman, the grandmaester is offering him 24 hours to do himself in if he wishes to avoid the pain and insanity.

Archived