[Spoilers] Rant and Rave with Impunity

On 24.7.2017 at 2:39 PM, ummester said:

Show Arya has acted as cruel as Ramsay or Joffrey

No, I don't think so!

Yes, she did cruel deeds, but not by lust on being cruel. Only to pay things back what these poeple had done in their past. More an "eye for an eye"-thing.

Ramsey and Joffrey just enjoyed to be cruel an to torture innocent poeple.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:10 AM, Queen of Procrastination said:

According to the spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

no she won't

I actually liked the MissWorm scene more than most people here. It was a purely consensual scene and even though Missandei was naked it felt less voyeuristic than most sex scenes on GoT. I was acutally thinking "is this GoT I'm watching?. I wish previous sex scenes had been done like this. However, I agree with everyone that it was too long and that i the entire Missandei/ Greyworm romance was unnecessary and that they could have spend the time on something else. I guess we got this scene because

Reveal hidden contents

Greyworm is going to die. They included this scene as a moment of two characters bonding, before one of them dies, so that his dies feels more shocking

TM .They did the same with Stannis and Sheireen or Jaime and Myrcella. It's pretty lazy writing, but part of D&D's formular.

It was sweet and instantly screamed out that someone in that scene is about to die. I'm sure it's a fan favorite. I disliked it because with the limited screen time remaining to finish telling this story, I want them to do it well and use their screen time wisely. I disliked it also because I dislike the sex for the sake of sex scenes our dear directors give us. This little love scene could have been a lot shorter and made the same point. This long scene with Grey Worm and Missandei annoyed me because it has nothing to do with all the stuff we need to see for this story to reach its conclusion in a non sucky, unrushed and sensible fashion.

I fear the writers will disappoint us here as popular series seem to screw up the conclusions after they get popular. Some series will drag out the ending by dwelling on middling stuff and then just throw together the important scenes and blast them at us when it is the important scenes that need the most screen time. I'm bracing myself for disappointment based on other people's failures and Greyworm and Missandei are catching the heat for it.

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2017 at 3:04 PM, ser jaime canister said:

Probably the dumbest thing I can think of in the episode was Jorah having a sword in his cell (or whatever you want to call it) in the Citadel. They know he's infected with greyscale, they know that he's going to lose his mind (as happens to individuals suffering from the disease) and they know that he was a knight who could easily kill most of them (if not with his sword then certainly by infection), and yet they didn't confiscate his weapon. They didn't even post a guard by the door.

True, but what I thought were the dumbest parts of the whole Sam cures Jorah story were:

1. Jorah sticking his diseased hand out when Sam was collecting the bowls.  He hadn't lost his mind so why have him pull that horror movie classic and risk infecting someone?  All for a cheap thrill...

2.  The Archmaester giving Jorah a day to sort out his affairs.  So, we are supposed to believe that Sam literally cured him overnight?  Or are we to believe that Jorah was still there for a few weeks after being given just one day and no one actually made sure that he'd left? 

Archived