Marvel Cinematic General Discussion 7

Calibandar

9 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Really?  I thought it looked great.  :dunno: 

Didn't think it gave away anything we didn't already know and gave us some good set ups.

Yeah I don't know why, maybe its just that the plot looks quite generic.. big bad guy turns up to destroy the world.. group of heroes get together to destroy him... didn't we just see this?

That the Russo brothers are in charge of it gives me a lot of hope that it will be a lot better than that, but there didn't seem to be much of what Ioved about Winter soldier / Civil war in that trailer.

Apparently I have Spider Sense, because I had chills and goosebumps through most of that trailer.

SO glad there is only a year wait between 3 & 4...

"Who the hell are you?" Smirk and weak wave sold it.

Wooo!

I'm fanboying about it sure. It'll be huge and possibly bloated, but I'll still almost certainly enjoy it.

I'm a little disappointed Thanos won't be wearing his helmet, and that he didn;t smile quite as much as he should. Hopefully it'll end how it should: Thanos curb-stomp.

11 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

So is this just one movie now? No longer two parts? I haven't kept up with the news.

Anyway, trailer looks good, but I only watched it on my phone, thus I didn't get the 'feels'. I need to watch it again.

Still two movies last I heard.

Yeah, it's still two movies, they've just decided to change the title of the second one, so the first one doesn't need a 'Pt 1' addendum.

Anyway, I'm in the 'slightly underwhelmed' group. It looks a lot more coherent than Justice League, but it seems somehow lacking in X-factor... I mean, it looks fun, but nothing about it is making my inner child go WOW!

But it is just a trailer.

Ten bucks says Tony Stark will be dead before the end of this film.  Look at the hero shot of Cap, Black Panther, and Black Widow leading the Wakandan Troops.  Bunch of other hero's in the background (including War Machine) but Iron Man isn't there.[/spoiler]

What do y'all think?

9 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Hide contents

Ten bucks says Tony Stark will be dead before the end of this film.  Look at the hero shot of Cap, Black Panther, and Black Widow leading the Wakandan Troops.  Bunch of other hero's in the background (including War Machine) but Iron Man isn't there.[/quote]

What do y'all think?

Definite possibility.  

Spoiler

Vision is obviously toast.  But to really raise the stakes, killing the golden goose for the MCU would definitely fit the bill.

Any speculation on why we see the Hulkbuster armor prominently in the trailer?  Its obviously out of order as well, we first see it when Banner is holding up its arm and then we see the full suit later in the trailer.  Think maybe Tony freaks out at the Hulk coming back?

One other bit that is spoilers for Ragnarok:

Spoiler

It was obviously set up for some false drama in Thor 3, but they made a big deal about how Banner was afraid that if he Hulked out again he might not ever go back to Banner.  So it was pretty dramatic when he decided to Hulk out to fight the undead wolf and there was good comedy when he tried to fight Sutur and Thor wouldn't let him.

But then there he is at the end as Banner and nothing else was made of it.  Same here where he obviously still goes back and forth between Hulk and Banner.

11 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Any speculation on why we see the Hulkbuster armor prominently in the trailer?  Its obviously out of order as well, we first see it when Banner is holding up its arm and then we see the full suit later in the trailer.  Think maybe Tony freaks out at the Hulk coming back?

I'ma spoiler tag this because it's a plot beat from the comics that seems very likely to be what they're going for in this, so:

The guy inside the Hulkbuster is Banner. Who bursts out of it as the Hulk later on.

This would explain why the moment we see it in action it doesn't seem to move so smooth.

On the Ragnarok thing:

Ragnarok itself doesn't mention it, but it's shown pretty early on - in the first Avengers- though not stated outright that when he changes deliberately he has control but when a change is forced he doesn't and struggles to change back. The only difference in this particular instance was that Hulk wasn't perma-angry and didn't change back when calm.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Hide contents

Ten bucks says Tony Stark will be dead before the end of this film.  Look at the hero shot of Cap, Black Panther, and Black Widow leading the Wakandan Troops.  Bunch of other hero's in the background (including War Machine) but Iron Man isn't there.[/quote]

What do y'all think?

I take it you haven't read Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity War.

Likely all of them will be killed.  But then brought back to life in part 2 just like in the comics.  It really is a garbage story

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Well I wasn't all that impressed, but then I saw that they have the heroes fighting a horde of faceless baddies, and that really sold me on the whole thing.

Easily best comment so far.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Hide contents

What do y'all think?

I wouldn't read too much into it. Wasn't there a "both sides run at each other" shot in an early Civil War trailer that didn't include Spider-Man? If Stark was going to die and they wanted to keep it a secret I think they'd just CGI him in for the trailer. I'm almost sure Captain America is toast though. Evans hasn't been shy about wanting out and they've got two established characters who've taken up the mantle in the comics.

I guess the trailer basically confirms that the last infinity stone is in Wakanda since they seem to be defending it.  I still think it's kinda lame that so many of them are or were on Earth at some point.  The universe is a big place!

6 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Apparently I have Spider Sense, because I had chills and goosebumps through most of that trailer.

My feelings exactly.  No idea if it was intentional, but I also enjoy how Holland didn't have Spidey Sense until that moment in the trailer.  Pretty cool.  The trailer was entirely nerdtastic and gave me all the feels.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Reveal hidden contents

What do y'all think?

I think I agree entirely.  Would put money on it if I was a betting man.

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I still think it's kinda lame that so many of them are or were on Earth at some point.  The universe is a big place!

This is both indeed very lame and basically a narrative requirement.

3 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Well I wasn't all that impressed, but then I saw that they have the heroes fighting a horde of faceless baddies, and that really sold me on the whole thing.

+1

If the GotG crew is featured heavily I'll probably go see it, otherwise, I'll wait until I'm on a long flight and it's available. I suspect it'll be heavily bloated, what with nearly 2 dozen superheroes all needing screen time.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn't read too much into it. Wasn't there a "both sides run at each other" shot in an early Civil War trailer that didn't include Spider-Man? If Stark was going to die and they wanted to keep it a secret I think they'd just CGI him in for the trailer. I'm almost sure Captain America is toast though. Evans hasn't been shy about wanting out and they've got two established characters who've taken up the mantle in the comics.

I guess the trailer basically confirms that the last infinity stone is in Wakanda since they seem to be defending it.  I still think it's kinda lame that so many of them are or were on Earth at some point.  The universe is a big place!

some would say it's infinite in size...

I enjoyed the trailer - out of all the questions I should have had "why is Black widow blonde" was the most prominent.

I was still more excited by the potential of the film than I have for a Marvel film in a while (although Black Panther is looking cooler with each trailer). Although it does feel like if each franchise character gets 2 minutes of screentime then that'll be an hour of film in itself - which is rather concerning.

5 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Don't forget the classic "running towards each other en masse"! Great to see with all the Wakandan technology that's still the best option. I guess if they all have Black Panther armour it's feasible.

45 minutes ago, red snow said:

Don't forget the classic "running towards each other en masse"!

Not to mention the tracking shot of all the heroes united and fighting together will take up at least a fifth of the screen time.

I guess this was about the earliest they could possibly release the trailer since eyepatch Thor is in there. And even now you could argue it's a bit soon with the Ragnarok theatrical run still going.

We get the big enemy horde again, which is becoming seriously cliche. But I guess at least this time there's going to be hordes on our side at the same time. So actually more like a proper war.

A bearded Captain America looking very badass, and possibly dying in the same movie (speculation not spoiler).

Is Disney trolling itself with the release date? May the 4th be with...the Avengers.

Spoilers for the Black Panther movie I guess. He wins.

Archived