Sand Snakes - Dorne

Styl7

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Id just tried to create a thread but its been deleted regarding the death of Ellaria Sand and Tyene Sand. I agree this will be done again on the two sand snakes, he will kill Tyene then rape and crush Ellaria's  head. If this does play out I can imagine this been a hard scene to watch if we do get to see it.

I think Tyene will either be poisoned slowly to death or Mountainised as revenge for Myrcella. But, I don't think Mama Sand will be killed - seeing as she is the defacto (show) leader of Dorne now, I think she will be kept as hostage for Cersie to gloat over and control Dorne with. She might get half Mountaised, though.

Not sure about Yara - it makes most sense just to hang her as a rebel but they'll probably keep her alive.

9 hours ago, ummester said:

I think Tyene will either be poisoned slowly to death or Mountainised as revenge for Myrcella. But, I don't think Mama Sand will be killed - seeing as she is the defacto (show) leader of Dorne now, I think she will be kept as hostage for Cersie to gloat over and control Dorne with. She might get half Mountaised, though.

Not sure about Yara - it makes most sense just to hang her as a rebel but they'll probably keep her alive.

Posioned slowly to death correct

Mama sand wont be killed correct

Maybe Euron will cut bits off Yara to slowly kill her.

I think it's possible to decipher how the books will end up from what has happened in the show. Queen Bitchcake is a kind of fill in for Arianne.

Arianne eventually killing her father is foreseeable and possibly poisoning Myrcella also - or getting one of the Sands to do it. However it goes down, book Dorne would probably end up under Arianne's control, who sides with Dany and ends up a Lannister prisoner.

12 hours ago, ummester said:

I think it's possible to decipher how the books will end up from what has happened in the show. Queen Bitchcake is a kind of fill in for Arianne.

Arianne eventually killing her father is foreseeable and possibly poisoning Myrcella also - or getting one of the Sands to do it. However it goes down, book Dorne would probably end up under Arianne's control, who sides with Dany and ends up a Lannister prisoner.

Have you read any of the Winds sample chapters? It could very well happen that Arianne doesn't ever return to Dorne, so no chance of killing her dad and Myrcella. And another schism has to happen between Arianne and Doran for her to want to killer her, because now they made peace and seem to be on the same page.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Have you read any of the Winds sample chapters? It could very well happen that Arianne doesn't ever return to Dorne, so no chance of killing her dad and Myrcella. And another schism has to happen between Arianne and Doran for her to want to killer her, because now they made peace and seem to be on the same page.

The only sample chapter I read was the Arya one. I tried to read the Sansa one but it was pretty slow (I've never enjoyed any of the Sansa chapters, she is too passive a character for me to enjoy).

I do know that Arianne and Doran 'seemed' to be on the same page but I had the feeling that Doran loved her much more than she loved him - she was a schemer, on her way up whilst he was just trying to create something solid and lasting, on his way out. But, GRRMs writing is deliberately open to interpretation - which is both endearing and frustrating :D

On Invalid Date at 7:32 PM, Samwell_Tarly said:

Not really sure what happens, either Euron has gained 20,000 Dornish soldiers or they will fight for Daenerys, dont think either is likely.

I personally think Dorne is out of the fold after they get rid of the two remaining sand snakes. They will just fall into the well that the Stormlands and the Riverlands fell in to. 

The Dornish soldiers are out of play because Euron's attack came before Yara's ships reached Dorne (I think). Pretty sure your 2nd comment is spot on, unless Bronn saves Tyene (highly unlikely) Dorne is off the board.

12 hours ago, ummester said:

The only sample chapter I read was the Arya one. I tried to read the Sansa one but it was pretty slow (I've never enjoyed any of the Sansa chapters, she is too passive a character for me to enjoy).

I do know that Arianne and Doran 'seemed' to be on the same page but I had the feeling that Doran loved her much more than she loved him - she was a schemer, on her way up whilst he was just trying to create something solid and lasting, on his way out. But, GRRMs writing is deliberately open to interpretation - which is both endearing and frustrating :D

Arianne's sample chapters suggest that she'll end up opposing Daenerys.

I think her future fate is summed up in her thoughts "Nymeria burned as bright as any man and so shall I." 

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I think her future fate is summed up in her thoughts "Nymeria burned as bright as any man and so shall I." 

Specifically she's been primed to interpret Quentyn's death in the worst possible way and positioned to do something about it immediately.

6 minutes ago, illrede said:

Specifically she's been primed to interpret Quentyn's death in the worst possible way and positioned to do something about it immediately.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Head over to the Book part of the forum if you want to discuss. I haven't read the books so don't want to read potential spoilers.

Just now, Samwell_Tarly said:

Head over to the Book part of the forum if you want to discuss. I haven't read the books so don't want to read potential spoilers.

I think the Forum rules allow the books to be discussed in the Show threads.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

I think the Forum rules allow the books to be discussed in the Show threads.

Whats the point? Why create a part of the forum dedicated to the TV show and a part for the books only to intergrate the two together, defeats the object right?

I personally do not want to come in here to read about how the book characters are different from the TV ones etc.

3 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Whats the point? Why create a part of the forum dedicated to the TV show and a part for the books only to intergrate the two together, defeats the object right?

I personally do not want to come in here to read about how the book characters are different from the TV ones etc.

A great deal of the discussions focus on similarities and differences between the books and the Show.

But, why not PM the Moderators?  If they say it's inappropriate to discuss the books on the Show threads, then I'll desist.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:43 AM, Nerevanin said:

Maybe they thought it would be cool to have another three female warriors

Actually, you have a point there -- I think that's exactly the purpose of the show-Dorne storyline, the entirety of it. Hollywood has been doing this for several years now and HBO certainly isn't immune to this awful trend.

Which is, of course, laughable when you see on the screen three little waifish girls engaged in combat bearing essentially utensils against armored men twice or more their size who are bearing battle-axes.

10 minutes ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

Actually, you have a point there -- I think that's exactly the purpose of the show-Dorne storyline, the entirety of it. Hollywood has been doing this for several years now and HBO certainly isn't immune to this awful trend.

Which is, of course, laughable when you see on the screen three little waifish girls engaged in combat bearing essentially utensils against armored men twice or more their size who are bearing battle-axes.

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that the show had high hopes for the Sand Snakes last year for just that reason.  They hyped them up a lot and I could see why they would at least have that hope.  That battle scene from last season in Dorne was laughably bad and I don't even understand how that got past editing with the 3 of them looking half the size of their combatants.  Even the fight choreography was awful and you had the Sand Snakes flailing around by themselves looking completely ineffectual.

I wonder how much of this season's plans were changed due to the Sand Snakes being the flop they were...it's clear the show couldn't wait to get rid of them and I certainly can't blame them for that.

23 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Spoiler threads in the show forum are the only place I know of (on these boards) where you can combine book and show information to theorise where the whole story is going. Given that they are both headed to the same conclusion, I prefer discussion that takes information form both sources into account so don't think the show forums should be just about the show.

There aren't enough discussions re this saga that go if we know X & Y from the books and Z from the show than A must happen, kind of thing.

I actually was annoyed how Dorne card was played in the series: whole Ellaria being a b*tch and Sand Snakes killing thier kin... Martells and Dornish in general are very family people, I mean they are close in the books (at least roayl kids and their bastard cousins, aka Sand Snakes, are). Killing Doran and his heir (Trystan, I think it was, since we didn't have Quentin at all) was a strange move- who would follow bastards (read here: not heirs to the Dornish throne) and kinslayers? It was "out of character". Ellaria in the books, by the way, is a very good woman, 1000 times better than Cersei ever would be.

19 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that the show had high hopes for the Sand Snakes last year for just that reason.  They hyped them up a lot and I could see why they would at least have that hope.  That battle scene from last season in Dorne was laughably bad and I don't even understand how that got past editing with the 3 of them looking half the size of their combatants.  Even the fight choreography was awful and you had the Sand Snakes flailing around by themselves looking completely ineffectual.

I wonder how much of this season's plans were changed due to the Sand Snakes being the flop they were...it's clear the show couldn't wait to get rid of them and I certainly can't blame them for that.

And that bolded part is an interesting idea. I suppose that a true one. It'd be really interesting to have the scrapped scripts.

Archived