A résumé of disappointment

Greywater-Watch

Why haven't Cersei demanded Euron bend the kneww? She even referred to him as King of Iron Island in the Dragonstone episode.

Dany makes a lot of mistakes, but even she is demanding that Jon bend the knee. Cersei just accepts that Euron is claiming one of her kingdoms. Joffrey or Tywin would have never allowed Euron to prance out of the throne room without bending the knee.

The show went downhill when they killed off Barry the Bold and butchered Stannis' character. With that said, I'll be watching the show Sunday and patiently awaiting GRRM to release TWOW.

I agree with everyone that Barristan's  insulting demise was what killed the show off for me. And, yeah, no way anyone in Westeros is gonna rise for Cersei. She's the dowager queen to two dead kings, no one really likes the Lannisters anyway, and they especially don't like her. Any remaining Lannister men are probably hunting up an obscure cousin to rule the Rock. 

21 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

To me, I get the feeling that the show is rushing to get done. At this point, they are just concerned about meeting big plot points and showing cool visuals. The LF and Jon in the crypts most likely has no plot reason. It was probably done just to give Jon another "Ned" moment. It's really disappointing as a viewer because when I see something happen on the show I think it must be significant and I want to use it to theorize what will happen next. Unfortunately, I think I am seeing more and more scenes that have no reasoning and no future significance. There just there to look cool. 

Where can I sign? I couldn't have said it better.

On 27.7.2017 at 6:46 PM, Bear Claw said:

It's really disappointing as a viewer because when I see something happen on the show I think it must be significant and I want to use it to theorize what will happen next. Unfortunately, I think I am seeing more and more scenes that have no reasoning and no future significance.

True dat. At the same time many significant events happen off screen and the audience has to guess that they happened.

Agree with the OP on all counts except on Daenerys. For me her appearing insecure someties is perfectly logical and expected and makes her more believable and also more likeable. I also am content with Emilia's acting and am wowed by her Dany.

Everything else: Yeah, the lack of source material since season 5 is showing. It is like other TV shows now where you always get your nose thumped on the fact that things happen because the writers want them to happen, not because they develop logically and organically.

Even with all these caveats it still is a great show though.

Rant part: (please don't read :P)

(i.e.: Dany is too strong for Cersei - what do we do? 'scratch head' - let's have Tyrion come up with a dumb plan to give Euron a boost so the audience gets to think the two sides are equal - but Tyrion is not dumb 'more head scratch' - lets find some reason to make the dumb plan sound smart. Politics? Yeah, politics sounds great. But how do Euron's 1000 ship fleet spot Yara's fleet in the middle of the ocean in the first place? Oh and on top of that not get spotted in return? 'scratch head'. Let's make it a night attack so she can't see him coming. But how does night - time help him spot her fleet? - lets just forget about that.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/07/2017 at 0:31 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

And Cersei saying that she is a protector of the realm (hello Sept?)and they should choose  her instead of Dany felt ridiculous.

That's the reason why Olenna said to Dany "Lords of Westeros are sheeps. Are you a sheep?" 

How do you want them to choose Dany when she is miles away and Cersei is just in front of them and she is crazy. Just do what she wants...

1 hour ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

That's the reason why Olenna said to Dany "Lords of Westeros are sheeps. Are you a sheep?" 

How do you want them to choose Dany when she is miles away and Cersei is just in front of them and she is crazy. Just do what she wants...

In the last episode Cersei says the same about sheeps, so yeah, I totally buy that all the Lords of Westeros are sheep if that is what you meant.

But pretending that Cersei is a protector of the realm when she has killed their legitimate Queen....burned her alive it's not...you know...very smart :) They could do as well what the other burning Queen wants. One kills people alive with wildfire, the other with dragons. So believeing in Cersei is hypocritical

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In the last episode Cersei says the same about sheeps, so yeah, I totally buy that all the Lords of Westeros are sheep if that is what you meant.

But pretending that Cersei is a protector of the realm when she has killed their legitimate Queen....burned her alive it's not...you know...very smart :) They could do as well what the other burning Queen wants. One kills people alive with wildfire, the other with dragons. So believeing in Cersei is hypocritical

Very true! She used the word "burn" (when talking shit about Dany with the Lords of Westeros) while she destroyed the High Septon by burning them... she said Dany is just like her father, the mad king, and will do atrocities as Targaryen are messed up people. Actually she used the "Greek fire" just like the Mad king wanted ... The Lords of Westeros are sheeps. Northerners who are considered as loyal people refused to follow Jon Snow (a very good lad and a great fighter) for what reason ?oui Because he was a bastard? Because he would cut their children's children's genitals (sorry for that...) ? None of that! They refused mostly because of what Robb did and also because they were afraid of Ramsey Bolton. They preferred a devil they knew instead of an angel they didn't know and also who appeared as weak ...  that's exactly the same here... They support Cersei because somehow she convinced them that Dany is like her father. But they have already forgotten what she did with the HS while they still cannot get over the Mad King who died  years ago... she just did a very terrible thing... even I thought Jaime would turn his back but instead he started banging her again... WHAT? This is crazy!! So Jaime Lannister, Mad king's King's Guard betrayed the King (stabbed him in the back) because he was doing crazy things but bang Cersei for doing exactly the same thing? well? Lords of Westeros are sheep...and stupid people...

I don't recall hearing even half of a Lord saying or acknowledging that Cersei is "Protector of the Realm"... she is proclaimed "protector of the realm"... it doesn't mean they believe she is one... she is just queen... And a Lannister... and she has been around that iron chair since episode 1 of Game Of Thrones... I doubt Danny will easily change that... after all! She might not have been queen from the beginning but she was some kind of a queen... so she is influent in the kingdom ... she is a Lannister and after what she did with the high sparrow, she is feared... ai! Queen of sheeps..

Maybe I'm just talking madness... correct me if I'm wrong... 

2 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Very true! She used the word "burn" (when talking shit about Dany with the Lords of Westeros) while she destroyed the High Septon by burning them... she said Dany is just like her father, the mad king, and will do atrocities as Targaryen are messed up people. Actually she used the "Greek fire" just like the Mad king wanted ... The Lords of Westeros are sheeps. Northerners who are considered as loyal people refused to follow Jon Snow (a very good lad and a great fighter) for what reason ?oui Because he was a bastard? Because he would cut their children's children's genitals (sorry for that...) ? None of that! They refused mostly because of what Robb did and also because they were afraid of Ramsey Bolton. They preferred a devil they knew instead of an angel they didn't know and also who appeared as weak ...  that's exactly the same here...

They support Cersei because somehow she convinced them that Dany is like her father. But they have already forgotten what she did with the HS while they still cannot get over the Mad King who died  years ago... she just did a very terrible thing... even I thought Jaime would turn his back but instead he started banging her again... WHAT? This is crazy!! So Jaime Lannister, Mad king's King's Guard betrayed the King (stabbed him in the back) because he was doing crazy things but bang Cersei for doing exactly the same thing? well? Lords of Westeros are sheep...and stupid people...

I don't recall hearing even half of a Lord saying or acknowledging that Cersei is "Protector of the Realm"... she is proclaimed "protector of the realm"... it doesn't mean they believe she is one... she is just queen... And a Lannister... and she has been around that iron chair since episode 1 of Game Of Thrones... I doubt Danny will easily change that... after all! She might not have been queen from the beginning but she was some kind of a queen... so she is influent in the kingdom ... she is a Lannister and after what she did with the high sparrow, she is feared... ai! Queen of sheeps..

Maybe I'm just talking madness... correct me if I'm wrong... 

It happened just like how you are describing it. At least, they could have shown us that they were frightened at her in some scenes, or something. But they are basically forgetting what Cersei has just done! And they are fine with it?

And I completely agree that the worst one  of them all is Jaime. He killed Aerys for this or less, but he sleeps with Cersei...is completely UNBELIEVABLE. She even asks him if he is angry at her!!!!! of course he is not..... His arc as the Kingslayer has lost its meaning.

I just want Jaime to leave her for Brienne the sooner the better. Well, what I actually prefer is Brienne to tell him he is on a bad path. Many people is telling him that he is evil like his sister but he doesn't care, or he doesnt't get it...it's so sad

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It happened just like how you are describing it. At least, they could have shown us that they were frightened at her in some scenes, or something. But they are basically forgetting what Cersei has just done! And they are fine with it?

Tyrion was hand of the king and fought at the blackwater but was forgotten because he somehow killed the king... The same king who slaughtered mothers and fathers and babies for the good of his own... It is what it is. They forget people very quickly... They labelled Jaime Lannister the kingslayer (kind of a disgrace)... While he killed the same king they were trying to get rid of... Strange, surely, but it is Game Of Thrones...

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And I completely agree that the worst one  of them all is Jaime. He killed Aerys for this or less, but he sleeps with Cersei...is completely UNBELIEVABLE. She even asks him if he is angry at her!!!!! of course he is not..... His arc as the Kingslayer has lost its meaning.

Maybe Jaime will in the end be the Queenslayer... Who knows? Think about how similar Cersei is to Aerys...? They both has the same king's guard and they are both 'mad' king/queen... Maybe that's why he's still there... To really be the Slayer... This time, queenslayer... I don't know... But it might happen... On the other hand i feel like he's so in love with her!! He never slept with another woman since... While Cersei was sleeping with Lancel and others... That's crazy...

6 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Maybe Jaime will in the end be the Queenslayer... Who knows? Think about how similar Cersei is to Aerys...? They both has the same king's guard and they are both 'mad' king/queen... Maybe that's why he's still there... To really be the Slayer... This time, queenslayer... I don't know... But it might happen... On the other hand i feel like he's so in love with her!! He never slept with another woman since... While Cersei was sleeping with Lancel and others... That's crazy...

He could end up being the Valonqar, yes.

Archived