Prediction: Gendry will Pick up Theon

locustofdeath

As we all know, Gendry has been rowing around Dragonstone for quite some time (since the end of season 3, I believe).

Personally I think he rowed to Essos and back, but have nothing concrete to back this claim besides intuition and my new knowledge of Westeros-Essos sea-travel time based on Danys' journey - i.e. it only takes a few days for a large fleet to make the voyage.

In light of this, I predict that next episode Gendry will bump into Theon, and pick him up. Then the rightful heirs to the Baratheon and Iron Island thrones will travel together, have adventures, rescue various damsels in distress, and forge kingdoms.

The only events I foresee getting in the way of my prediction are:

1. One of the super fleets trolling the seas between Dragonstone and King's Landing have already picked him up and recruited him to their crews (or keelhauled him, or made him walk the plank, or something).

2. He rowed himself beyond Essos, in which case he won't find Theon until episode 5 after he rows completely around the world.

Hopefully D&D don't blow this.

Thoughts?

6 hours ago, locustofdeath said:

As we all know, Gendry has been rowing around Dragonstone for quite some time (since the end of season 3, I believe).

Personally I think he rowed to Essos and back, but have nothing concrete to back this claim besides intuition and my new knowledge of Westeros-Essos sea-travel time based on Danys' journey - i.e. it only takes a few days for a large fleet to make the voyage.

In light of this, I predict that next episode Gendry will bump into Theon, and pick him up. Then the rightful heirs to the Baratheon and Iron Island thrones will travel together, have adventures, rescue various damsels in distress, and forge kingdoms.

1. One of the super fleets trolling the seas between Dragonstone and King's Landing have already picked him up and recruited him to their crews (or keelhauled him, or made him walk the plank, or something).

2. He rowed himself beyond Essos, in which case he won't find Theon until episode 5 after he rows completely around the world.

Thoughts?

it would be interesting.

It'd be really interesting to see Gendry's muscles after all this rowing (Arnold Schwarzenegger who?) but honestly I expect Theon to be on Dragonstone next episode, telling Dany about Euron's attack and being there when Jon arrives.

13 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

It'd be really interesting to see Gendry's muscles after all this rowing (Arnold Schwarzenegger who?) 

9 hours ago, Sand11751 said:

That would be hilarious if he's been rowing all this time. 

All that rowing means he should be able to pick up Robert's warhammer now :D

On 7/25/2017 at 1:18 PM, locustofdeath said:

Thoughts?

I agree that Gendry will pick up Theon. There are some spoiler pics of Gendry and Theon at Dragonstone while Jon is there. Jon will come face to face with Theon.  

Archived