#16 - a shadow of a game

a free shadow

There is a game in Old Orleans

Whenever you may wish

You play to win, and then you lose

But play again you will :ninja:

All ravens sent to me for registration can now be considered recruited for my purposes on their way back as loyally as ever!

SBFIG

ATTHSAP

All acromancers can begin! :ninja:

The line is drawn at the 30th, midnight in the Arabian sea.

May I send a catspaw to the Arabian Sea in my place? And can this catspaw be a Kraken?

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the actions of said catspaw but I will be claiming a trophy in the entirely unforeseen event of everyone's untimely demise.

i am always at sea, cruising the worlds oceans gathering booty and striking fear in the hearts of lessor men...

...and of course seeking krakens to roast with scallions and red peppers

:smoking:

7 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

guards are fine...but the lions of the sea are nothing compared to sea "wolves"...who needs claws when you have teeth...

Oh my, will there be lionfish in the water? I ate a lionfish this year and would like to eat more. I would've delightedly eaten another whole one directly after.

I will have to send an emissary. We all know what happens to ships carrying fellows of a dolorous nature. I shall be represented by Patchface, an avid seafarer as I understand it. He will bring me back some lionfish.

As I don't want to spend the night of my name day paddling like a lioness among krakens and pirates and lionfish, I have already been to the Arabian sea and left a message under a star-shaped stone in the shade of the whitest cliff on the tiniest island. You can't miss it.  

10 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Is your name Sunday? :ninja:

That would be a nice name, but no. It would mean a name day every week! 

5 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

cheers on this your Name Day, Julia...i shall raise a glass or 5 to you tonight  :cheers:

Thanks and cheers! :cheers:

Here is the round one and you are in it all alone! :ninja: You feel weak and not up to it, and you are fully right, no help will ever ever come :ninja:

Every correct (as if!) guess brings two points, guess of the theme brings four points. Every favorite vote brings one point (yes, you must choose your favorite clue before learning all correct answers :smug:).

As usual, you can send me your first guess list and I will tell you how many answers are correct, but not which ones. And if the theme is correct or not. And then you make the final list, which will still surprise me as inadequate, but there will be nothing you can do about it anymore :ninja:

There will be either three or four rounds in total, I will tell you at the end of this one! But only if you wait for me at your window with a green candle in hand!

1. Attacked, theoretically, the hostile stag, apparently posthumously

2. Snow-builder. Fights invalid’s giant

3. A telltale teaser: her songwriter appallingly 'potted'

4. Annihilation, treachery tune: her scheming angered pride

5. Almost totally timbered hand summons apprentice pup

6. Supplicated beautiful flower, isolated girl

7. Ablaze, this true hearted sigil. (Adopted patron)

The time is up on the midnight of the 4th, where the snows fall on the secrets of Svalbard :ninja: 

Disclaimer to those who think I am better than I am: my words do not contain any clues to the theme, it is just me!

New acronyms are:

FODDC

GIKPRM

The time is still up on the 4th :smug:

On 7/26/2017 at 7:47 AM, a free shadow said:

There is a game in Old Orleans

Whenever you may wish

You play to win, and then you lose

But play again you will :ninja:

All ravens sent to me for registration can now be considered recruited for my purposes on their way back as loyally as ever!

SBFIG

ATTHSAP

All acromancers can begin! :ninja:

The line is drawn at the 30th, midnight in the Arabian sea.

Acrophila? Should I PM?

Archived