#16 - a shadow of a game

a free shadow

16 hours ago, a free shadow said:

2. Larger and neatly revealed form crowns. Tyrion Lannister (Ser Not Appearing)

... referring to "When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king." 

The light neatly made Tyrion's shadowy form appear larger, like a king.

Seems some are still confused, which is a sign maybe it's not as nice a clue as I think. But I think it, so I agree with me. It feels more an artful clue than exceedingly clever, as I tend to consider my other favorite clues to be... but I really do like it.

ok i came in second...my best showing... :commie:

i gotta say i was stymied by clue 2...and now i wished i had voted it best clue, cause it was...and as to theme...i figured all had dead mommas and that distracted me from any other common factor...

yes philia over phobia...just saying...

:smoking:

14 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Hm, I'm still not sure about the Tyrion clue... Anyway. I had three ideas for it: The first was Drogo - he was large, and I imagine the Dothraki clothes may have revealed quite a lot of his large body and he crowned Viserys. I discarded this idea soon enough. Then I thought it might be the Greatjon (the larger one of the two Jon Umbers) as he points at Robb with his unusually large sword saying "The King-in-the-North!". I thought "revealed" might refer to the unsheathing of the sword (the sword is revealed). Then I came across the information that the High Septon that Tyrion chose received a larger crystal crown (from Tywin) than the one his predecessor had had. This crown is always conspicuous as it is very tall and makes the High Septon seem taller, and it also looks nice (with all the rainbow imagery around it), so I was 99% sure that is was that correct answer, but, unfortunately, it greatly reduced the theme possibilities.

@Castellan, I didn't get the Varys clue immediately either. At first I focused on "portly" and I thought it was Lord Manderly, fat and making secret plans in a port city (White Harbor) - I considered it a brilliant clue and wanted to make it my favorite clue until I realized that it was only plump Varys with the usual spider reference. (Sorry, Gabe. :)

Godric - Yes, I kept thinking it couldn't be Godric because he didn't fit with the other characters (but as I knew I had two wrong I couldn't be sure) but my second guess was Manderly, and after a while I realised 'webbing' didn't really fit him at all so I went back to Godric. I must say I thought it was a brilliant clue!

Tyrion - I could never get this - I ended up putting in the High Septon that Tyrion appointed because he gets a bigger and fancier crown after the earlier one is ripped apart along with its wearer. The other answer I thought might be correct for a while was The Queen O Whores, because her larger and neatly arranged form (spilling our of her laces!) had led to Ryman crowning her!

@Dolorous Gabe Acrophilia I think.

And a Halloween story for you per :ninja:'s demand

Spoiler

One year when I was a kid, my mom had made matching costumes for my older brother and myself based on Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Both my brother and I loved the Disney animated version of Robin Hood where Robin was a fox and Little John was a bear.

I thought, since I was the smaller of the two, that I should be Robin Hood, but my brother, who was two years older, taller, stronger, and a bit of a bully, insisted that he was Robin Hood. I cried for about a half an hour because I wanted to be Robin Hood so much.

On 30/08/2017 at 2:44 AM, Ser Not Appearing said:

The light neatly made Tyrion's shadowy form appear larger, like a king.

Seems some are still confused, which is a sign maybe it's not as nice a clue as I think. But I think it, so I agree with me. It feels more an artful clue than exceedingly clever, as I tend to consider my other favorite clues to be... but I really do like it.

It is certainly artful, I'll give you that. And it's a great idea, it's just too vague IMO.

A heads up to everyone. I hope to start a new Acrophilia game thread on Monday. Keep an eye out for it.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:07 PM, Raisin' Bran said:

@Dolorous Gabe Acrophilia I think.

And a Halloween story for you per :ninja:'s demand

Reveal hidden contents

One year when I was a kid, my mom had made matching costumes for my older brother and myself based on Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Both my brother and I loved the Disney animated version of Robin Hood where Robin was a fox and Little John was a bear.

I thought, since I was the smaller of the two, that I should be Robin Hood, but my brother, who was two years older, taller, stronger, and a bit of a bully, insisted that he was Robin Hood. I cried for about a half an hour because I wanted to be Robin Hood so much.

That is a bad Halloween story :ninja: Wonderfully done :ninja:

Archived