The Expanse #3: Abaddon's Post - [spoilers for book only up to latest tv show episode]

SpaceChampion

I also understand that the show should be at the point where production costs are on a downward slope - the CGI models have been mostly built and hard surfaces on clean vectors in space is a lot easier to animate than say...hair. If someone gets to it before any of the sets are torn down they have a good stock of that all built up. I'm not saying its going to be a cheap show by any means, but they have a lot of resources already done and the effects needed are often of the easier to do variety. There is also the potential to write the story from here to reduce costs if the budget had to be reduced, but that wouldn't even have come into the picture with the way the licensing deal with SyFy worked.

Amazon could also benefit from advertising the book series and related stuff from its commercial site and it would just be excellent to have The Expanse in their library. Other than the 100 (which they only have the first three seasons free) I can’t think of other science fiction shows on there 

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Amazon could also benefit from advertising the book series and related stuff from its commercial site and it would just be excellent to have The Expanse in their library. Other than the 100 (which they only have the first three seasons free) I can’t think of other science fiction shows on there 

Which is why they are developing a shit ton of SFF at the moment which in turn is a barrier. They may want their own original show as opposed to one that wasn't very successful elsewhere.

If they wanted a quick sci-fi show to add to their list - the expanse would be a good option though. I don't think any of their new shows will be out until late 2019/2020

Got an email back from Amazon Studios - saying they would forward it to the right department! Please can everyone here use that link I posted on the previous page the Amazon Studios Contact Us link and email them using the ‘For Your Consideration’ section! 

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Got an email back from Amazon Studios - saying they would forward it to the right department! Please can everyone here use that link I posted on the previous page the Amazon Studios Contact Us link and email them using the ‘For Your Consideration’ section! 

I got a similar email.  It seems they are getting enough emails about picking up "the Expanse" that they are making specific reference to "the Expanse" in their "we got your email" emails.  In other words the interest fans are expressing may be having an impact.

Well, I sent them a note.  I let them know that I have been interested in Prime for a while now, but always talk myself out of it, having access to the Expanse would be the tipping point.

6 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I got a similar email.  It seems they are getting enough emails about picking up "the Expanse" that they are making specific reference to "the Expanse" in their "we got your email" emails.  In other words the interest fans are expressing may be having an impact.

Definitely!!! Lots of peopl report getting these emails.

5 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I think the fact they haven't yet publicly passed on the show is hugely encouraging. 

I think so too!

2 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Well, I sent them a note.  I let them know that I have been interested in Prime for a while now, but always talk myself out of it, having access to the Expanse would be the tipping point.

That’s a good way to do it!

43 minutes ago, Hello World said:

AMAZING!!!!

this fan campaign has really picked up and isn’t kicking some serious ass

OK guys someone posted a ‘thunderclap’ (I hadn’t never heard of before...). On FB with this message 

Hello everyone! I have been more active on Twitter than on facebook, but I wanted to share the link for a thunderclap I set up. It's fairly simple to use, just click on the link, choose the format you want it sent through (I would recommend twitter, as it is meant to coincide with the #ScreamingFirehawks campaign), and then customize the tweet as you wish. 

I would strong encourage using @AmazonStudios and @JeffBezos, the two people we most want to notice, and use the hashtags #KeepTheRociFlying and #SaveTheExpanse. If there's room, I would also suggest #ScreamingFirehawks, but there is a limit. 

Unfortunately, this very much is an all or nothing deal. I set the thunderclap for 500 people, so if all 500 slots are filled, then the tweets you write will be stored until tomorrow, just as the next episode of "The Expanse" airs. Then, all of the stored tweets will go out at precisely the same moment, and if you used the hashtags, the chats will be flooded with massive levels of support. However, if all 500 slots are not filled, nothing will happen.

At this point we have less than a day, and I have 92 out of 500. So please, it only takes a moment, and I would really appreciate it if you could help me fill this thing up so we can all speak out at once. Let's do this!”

The link is here:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/69978-it-s-time-to-savetheexpanse

all you need to do is click the link and select which website you want to share it on and it needs all 500 slots filled or nothing will happen. Atm it’s only on 125 so it needs all the help it can get! It would be amazing to totally FLOOD twitter so amazon have no choice but to listen and see!!

23 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

OK guys someone posted a ‘thunderclap’ (I hadn’t never heard of before...). On FB with this message 

Hello everyone! I have been more active on Twitter than on facebook, but I wanted to share the link for a thunderclap I set up. It's fairly simple to use, just click on the link, choose the format you want it sent through (I would recommend twitter, as it is meant to coincide with the #ScreamingFirehawks campaign), and then customize the tweet as you wish. 

I would strong encourage using @AmazonStudios and @JeffBezos, the two people we most want to notice, and use the hashtags #KeepTheRociFlying and #SaveTheExpanse. If there's room, I would also suggest #ScreamingFirehawks, but there is a limit. 

Unfortunately, this very much is an all or nothing deal. I set the thunderclap for 500 people, so if all 500 slots are filled, then the tweets you write will be stored until tomorrow, just as the next episode of "The Expanse" airs. Then, all of the stored tweets will go out at precisely the same moment, and if you used the hashtags, the chats will be flooded with massive levels of support. However, if all 500 slots are not filled, nothing will happen.

At this point we have less than a day, and I have 92 out of 500. So please, it only takes a moment, and I would really appreciate it if you could help me fill this thing up so we can all speak out at once. Let's do this!”

The link is here:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/69978-it-s-time-to-savetheexpanse

all you need to do is click the link and select which website you want to share it on and it needs all 500 slots filled or nothing will happen. Atm it’s only on 125 so it needs all the help it can get! It would be amazing to totally FLOOD twitter so amazon have no choice but to listen and see!!

It is at 393 now and I’ve shared it on facebook.  :)

27 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It is at 393 now and I’ve shared it on facebook.  :)

Huh?  I see it as 132.  I signed up for it.

I changed the default tweet to mention that there is a good 6-8 seasons left of story to tell.  Amazon could really make it their own if they go for it.

9 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Huh?  I see it as 132.  I signed up for it.

I changed the default tweet to mention that there is a good 6-8 seasons left of story to tell.  Amazon could really make it their own if they go for it.

It said 393 when I posted it to Facebook 

17 minutes ago, Hello World said:

Cas Anvar tweeted this,

Been watching him live on instagram - telling people to watch the show live - shame some of us can’t :(

but what is certain is cast and crew and fans all LOVE this show. It’s very special 

Ironically, I just cancelled my Prime membership the other day.  Wasn't really seeing the value and don't want to subsidize the Washington Post.  But I'd renew for a month if a new season of the Expanse were to drop.  I'm old and crotchety and not on Twitter or I'd sign up for the Thunderclap thingy.

12 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Ironically, I just cancelled my Prime membership the other day.  Wasn't really seeing the value and don't want to subsidize the Washington Post.  But I'd renew for a month if a new season of the Expanse were to drop.  I'm old and crotchety and not on Twitter or I'd sign up for the Thunderclap thingy.

You can sign up with Facebook too (for us old farts)

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

You can sign up with Facebook too (for us old farts)

Giving them my facebook login is totally secure, right?  OTOH I've been thinking about dumping Facebook too, so what's the harm really?

Actually, screw it, Thunderclap seems to insist on harvesting my Friends list.  It gives an option to unselect sharing that but then won't let me finalize until after it reselects it on its own.

Archived