The Expanse #3: Abaddon's Post - [spoilers for book only up to latest tv show episode]

SpaceChampion

1 minute ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I’d never heard of thunderclap before I hope he gets the 500 number but I am not so sure. I’m feeling more hopeful than last week though??? I hope all the fan ruckus has genuinely made someone listen 

The “change.org” petition is at 70,000+

Hmm. I’d feel a lot better if they just gave up and Amazon bought it. It’ll be interesting to see how the ratings change, I mean if I could watch it on TV when it aired I absolutely would. And even if this saves it for now, how long does this last? I hate to be a downer, but it would be appear that not enough people watch it on SyFy to justify the budget. Cancellation stunts only go so far.

What exactly is the relationship between SyFy and the UK channel of the same name? Is there some reason it doesn’t air on that channel as well?

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Hmm. I’d feel a lot better if they just gave up and Amazon bought it. It’ll be interesting to see how the ratings change, I mean if I could watch it on TV when it aired I absolutely would. And even if this saves it for now, how long does this last? I hate to be a downer, but it would be appear that not enough people watch it on SyFy to justify the budget. Cancellation stunts only go so far.

What exactly is the relationship between SyFy and the UK channel of the same name? Is there some reason it doesn’t air on that channel as well?

I always wondered why the fuck it wasn't airing on UK TV. Excuse the language lol.

I'd rather it goes to Amazon as well, but right now I'd accept any season 4 from anywhere and focus on moving it having that security. 

7 minutes ago, Relic said:

While I do like this show I have to say I'm a bit put off by the efforts people go through to "save it". 

Why? I really don’t see why it would ever be wrong to try and collectively comeback together with people to try to save something you enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

So far the efforts have been use hashtags, share petitions & hire a plane to fly over amazon hq (hilarious and bonkers) hardly that offputting. On the contrary I think it’s  been really excellent and lovely. 

As do I. Back in the 60s Star Trek was cancelled after 2 seasons and CBS got more letters asking for it back than they had ever received before that they relented and brought it back for a third season. 50 years later the franchise is still strong. 

SyFy channel is also known for cancelling  Farscape. I still have not forgiven them for that. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah I lived through the whole Firefly movement. THOSE people were annoying.

I just don’t see what’s wrong with people not being apathetic and actually caring enough to try to preserve something they enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I just don’t see what’s wrong with people not being apathetic and actually caring enough to try to preserve something they enjoy.

This is all anecdotal, but the people I knew during the save Firefly business were obnoxious and aggressive about it. Like, if you hadn't seen Firefly, wern't a fan, wern't seeing the movie opening night, they would get offended and in your face about it. It was so bad I actually knew two people who went to see a different film on Serenty's opening night.

45 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

This is all anecdotal, but the people I knew during the save Firefly business were obnoxious and aggressive about it. Like, if you hadn't seen Firefly, wern't a fan, wern't seeing the movie opening night, they would get offended and in your face about it. It was so bad I actually knew two people who went to see a different film on Serenty's opening night.

Oh gosh - that's just bizarre and nasty. I haven't seen anything like that from this community! 

2 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

With all the bullshit surrounding the show, I think we all need to take a sec and reflect on just how good this week's episode was. Hopefully Bezos was watching.

Yeah, probably my second favourite episode after Home.

Loving the relationship between Amos and Prax. It really got me in the feels when they rescued Mei and Amos did what needed to be done to Strickland. Bobby vs the Hybrid was equally awesome, as was poor Cotyar's sacrifice.

Archived