The Expanse #3: Abaddon's Post - [spoilers for book only up to latest tv show episode]

SpaceChampion

1 hour ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

Amazon has picked up the show!!! Jeff Bezos is That Guy!!! 

Probably one of Amazon's best moves. They've just generated a lot of good will with the geek community - and we like to spend :)

It's also nice to think the Expanse will be their flagship/debut into what's looking like a very strong channel for SF in the coming years.

oh here's another clip from a different POV - where I realised who the people were getting excited in the former renewal clip.

1 hour ago, matt b said:

I know which evil empire just bought my loyalty for the foreseeable future.

I knew I was making a good decision all those years ago when I signed up for Prime. Funny thing, the tipping point then was to watch another beloved SF show(s), Stargate. Amazon had then all the episodes available for stream.

The goodwill and loyalty generated from sci-fi fans for Amazon should actually be a really good move for them.    If Amazon wanted to make it's own sci-fi dedicated streaming channel, it'd be a winner, I'm sure.

34 minutes ago, Astromech said:

So does this mean we'll finally see the real Avasarala and not the PG version?

If you ever watched the available episodes on Prime, the f-bomb was dropped now and then by Avasarala and Amos. I think SyFy had kinda bleeped it. I think the show writers will continue to restrain her part from the occasional outburst.

5 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Guess I ll need to sign back up for Prime unless amazon has an ala carte option.  I would think that would be the cleanest way to support the show...

It does, it's usually like $2 - $3 per episode for a show like The Expanse or like $20 - $25 for the whole season when it's all out. Better value to just pay the $20 for the year though and have access to all the other content unless you are completely not interested/don't have the time.

8 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Guess I ll need to sign back up for Prime unless amazon has an ala carte option.  I would think that would be the cleanest way to support the show...

You can buy the season (from Amazon, but it doesn't require Prime as far as I'm aware). 

Finally got my buddies to start watching the show, after I bought one of them the blu-ray of the first season two god damn years ago. After the first couple episodes we took a dinner break and they were hemming and hawing about it being ok. Next thing I know, it is 1am, we just finished episode 8 and I'm having to convince them to get the hell out of my house and that it will be there tomorrow. Can't wait until they get to season 3.

I already have a Prime Account, well, my mom pays for one for the whole family, so it is nothing but good news for me.

Archived