Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

On 7/30/2017 at 4:15 PM, Week said:

No @Jaime L? Hey! When is the riff-raff getting outta our Experts League? :P

I'll get the band back together. Will re-start up the Experts thread tomorrow. 

Think I'll just do W-A this year. Some lucky young upstart can now dream of the 3rd place finish in W-C I will not be defending.

After a long debate with myself, I have decided that I will not be opening up leagues or participating in Fantasy Football this year. In the off season, my computer was hacked through my Yahoo account, and I am just not willing to have any interaction with their websites anymore after loss of money and more important time. I will miss playing with you guys, and am looking forward to interacting with all of you on the NFL thread. 

On 7/27/2017 at 7:24 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Snake is an up and back draft. Say you picked first in the first round, then you'll pick last in the second round. Auction is much more complex. Everyone has a cap as far as how much they can spend. Say $500 imaginary dollars. Then you take turns putting a player up on the block and the highest bid takes the player. 

thanks ME, my only other fantasy time was snake it turns out...

@Whiskeyjackso i guess if there is room i shall give it a go...like most games i shall endeavor to come in dead last...after all someone has to do it

:smoking:

Here's what I have so far.

Westeros A
Whiskeyjack
Fuentez
Jace
Dracarys
Prince of the North
Week
Mexal
JJ Lannister
Bronn
Jaime

Westeros B
Whiskeyjack
Manhole
Jace
Dracarys
Tywin
Rocksniffer
Dunknegg
Lord Lyman
Michael Seswatha Jordan
Ross

Westeros C
Whiskeyjack
Bluray
Briantw
Mudguard
Mcbigski
Bronn
Tywin
Week

Looks like everyone is back for Westeros A, and Westeros B is also full.  Still have 2 spots left in Westeros C. 

I'll start up individual threads and post about draft times either later today or by Monday at the latest.

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well, if there's the last spot in C, I'm in.  Gotta force my way back into Experts some way or another...

Best option, Faceless Man training in Braavos and killing and assuming the identity of another owner.

I've just been able to triple-source that Ezekiel Elliot, the second year star running back of the Cowboys will indeed be suspended for the first 6 games of the 2017 season, though we expect that to be appealed down to 3 or 4 games before the season officially starts.

Obviously this is important for a variety of reasons to fantasy owners as a potential top-5 player, reasonably sure to auction for no less than 55 dollars is now uncertain to play for a third of the year.

Don't be surprised if he still goes off the board with a high price tag though, especially if the suspension is reduced below 5 games. Several high ranking people I've spoken to have suggested that he could still be worth a late second/early third round pick and about twenty to thirty dollars in an auction.

5 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Going to be setting up the leagues in the next day or so.

Hi Whiskey – If there is an extra spot open in any league, I’d like to join one please. You probably don’t remember me but I used to play in these leagues quite a bit back in the day.

I think my Yahoo handle would be either: [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Analu said:

Hi Whiskey – If there is an extra spot open in any league, I’d like to join one please. You probably don’t remember me but I used to play in these leagues quite a bit back in the day.

I think my Yahoo handle would be either: [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks

Of course I remember you man.  Great to see you.

Would love to invite you into a league, but they all filled up.  :(  I'm only running 3 this year - wanted to cut down a bit. 

I think Bronn might have some spots in Thunderdome - not really a standard league, but can still be fun.

53 minutes ago, BLU-RAY said:

Mahaka! Assuming Groz shows up from wherever he's gone, are you back in for Dynasty? You were in Dynasty, right?

Hey bro. I’ll probably join again if we’re having it, just to defend my title (er, 2nd place finish), but my real-life league fell apart so just wanted to join another standard league. I think being in two leagues is the right balance for me

42 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Of course I remember you man.  Great to see you.

Would love to invite you into a league, but they all filled up.  :(  I'm only running 3 this year - wanted to cut down a bit. 

I think Bronn might have some spots in Thunderdome - not really a standard league, but can still be fun.

OK no worries. Not really interested in a non-standard league, I wanted to join another standard or expanded roster standard league. If any spots open up, can you put me in the queue? Thanks!

Archived