Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bonkers

Nissa Nissa... the first Other?

Recommended Posts

So I was thinking.... Azor Ahai

We know about the forging of 'Lightbringer' ...made with Dragonglass and steel I think (given Jon thinking that the dragonglass he found is sharper than steel).... I assume it was the forging of the first Valyrian steel blade...... The first two times there was too much Obsidian in it - so it broke .... too brittle.  Then the last time it was perfect....

But what if he created Nissa Nissa into an Other?.... he did stick it through her heart?!  We have seen people have thier heads off with it...but no one whom was pierced through the heart...Cat did get cut, but we don't need to be reminded of Stoneheart do we?

Imagine if Nissa Nissa was created, and he had to send her away..... and she then created an alliance with the Children, and hence made the others and then met the NK to try to win back the Wall...?  What if the last Hero was not AA?  He killed/trapped her who created the Others under Winterfell in the crypts that are larger than the Castle itself?  hmmm

 

Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The obsidian into the heart thing is only in the show, I believe, though something like they could happen in the book too.

That said, I think we can look to Stannis as our roadmap to the events of Azor Ahai's life and unlife. His murder of Renly mirrors the Blood Betrayal, which many of us suspect is selfsame with the Nissa Nissa myth. Importantly, Renly had a symbolic resurrection at the Blackwater when Garlan Tyrell wore his armor to confuse Stannis' soldiers. NN as the first Othet would be consistent with the idea of Lightbringer stealing and keeping her "life fires".

So NN as the original Other could make sense, but being that it was a shell inhabited by someone else, I'm inclined to think that's more like a wight. Stannis, on the other hand (ugh...), has actually completed a symbolic transformation from AA figure to NK.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

So I was thinking.... Azor Ahai

We know about the forging of 'Lightbringer' ...made with Dragonglass and steel I think (given Jon thinking that the dragonglass he found is sharper than steel).... I assume it was the forging of the first Valyrian steel blade...... The first two times there was too much Obsidian in it - so it broke .... too brittle.  Then the last time it was perfect....

But what if he created Nissa Nissa into an Other?.... he did stick it through her heart?!  We have seen people have thier heads off with it...but no one whom was pierced through the heart...Cat did get cut, but we don't need to be reminded of Stoneheart do we?

Imagine if Nissa Nissa was created, and he had to send her away..... and she then created an alliance with the Children, and hence made the others and then met the NK to try to win back the Wall...?  What if the last Hero was not AA?  He killed/trapped her who created the Others under Winterfell in the crypts that are larger than the Castle itself?  hmmm

 

Just a thought.

I feel you. I really want winds to get published too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I feel you. I really want winds to get published too. 

You might not agree with this theory (like me) but I see no reason why you should put it down and mock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the chronology makes no sense. The myth says that Azor Ahai forged the sword to fight the darkness. If Nissa Nissa is the first Other, then he created the darkness. Why forging the Sword if there has been no Others? What was the darkness that he wanted to fight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Tiger said:

You might not agree with this theory (like me) but I see no reason why you should put it down and mock.

?

2 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

I love you.

I love you too in the sloppiest way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragonsbone said:

But the chronology makes no sense. The myth says that Azor Ahai forged the sword to fight the darkness. If Nissa Nissa is the first Other, then he created the darkness. Why forging the Sword if there has been no Others? What was the darkness that he wanted to fight?

The chronology makes sense if we insert an assumption of prophecy. AA was preparing for or trying to prevent the Long Night and Others, but ended up causing them. 

Undersranding the LB myth as being fundamentally about the seasons changing let's us add that element of foreseeability and inevitability. It took 180 days to forge LB, which is the same as the time from the summer to winter solstice. And there is in fact a real life celestial alignment visible from certain latitudes in which the stars of Orion's Belt form a straight line pointing to the exact spot where the sun rises on the Winter solstice.

Now look at the Qartheen dragon myth and it appears that the moon was destroyed while it was eclipsing the sun, causing the Long Night. The stabbing of  NN also symbolizes that event, so my personal interpretation is that the moon was demolished on the winter solstice as it rose into eclipse formation. Someone, represented by AA, was trying to prevent the moon from usurping the sun, and ended up blotting it out for years with cosmic debris. 

And the I suspect "prophecy" that AA was acting on was actually just astronomy, aka Starry Wisdom. Combining an eclipse prediction with intense superstition. After all, to ancient society, the ability to accurately predict celestial phenomena would seem pretty magical.

And that's all just my conjecture. The Mythical Astronomy discussions haven't got to thr concrete truth behind the myth yet, so it's still very much up for debate and interpretation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2017 at 3:22 AM, Blue Tiger said:

You might not agree with this theory (like me) but I see no reason why you should put it down and mock.

 

It's okay lol...I thought it was really funny!  These are the crazy things we do while waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2017 at 3:19 AM, Dorian Martell's son said:

I feel you. I really want winds to get published too. 

LOL.... thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2017 at 3:30 AM, Dragonsbone said:

But the chronology makes no sense. The myth says that Azor Ahai forged the sword to fight the darkness. If Nissa Nissa is the first Other, then he created the darkness. Why forging the Sword if there has been no Others? What was the darkness that he wanted to fight?

Yeh... I don't recall the Long Night being caused by the Others though.  Just that it is said that they came during the Long Night. 

Just watched a great video put out by Order of the Greenhand on this exact topic.....highly recommend as it is interesting and they put a lot of time into the theory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

Yeh... I don't recall the Long Night being caused by the Others though.  Just that it is said that they came during the Long Night. 

I've had it in my head for a while that the Others were humans who used blood magic (or something) to adapt themselves to the new conditions of the world, convinced that the Long Night would never relent. When Spring finally did come again they were forced to go North to the lands of Always Winter to survive. If they didn't cause the Winter then, it's possible they aren't causing it now, they're just following it South. Maybe in their mind making wights out of humans they meet is just "adapting" them for Winter too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×